lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Throwing your sabre away... forever
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-20-2002, 08:53 PM   #1
Darth Mar

Throwing your sabre away... forever

I'm sure this is was an issue and I'm wondering how it is dealt with in the game. If you throw your sabre and it doesn't come back (for whatever reason, knocked down, stuck behind something, etc), and you don't pick it up, what happens?

Will it automatically come back after a certain amount of time? Do you have to go back to Luke and look like a retard for losing your lightsabre? Or do you play through the rest of the game without it?

It could be an interesting tactic in multiplayer. If someone throws their lightsabre at you, you deflect it into a pit, leaving them defenseless.
Darth Mar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-20-2002, 08:54 PM   #2
SaberPro
00 Agent

I think you have to pick it up, however, if you are killed, the dropped lightsaber disappears and you respawn with a new lightsaber.... just my opinions though

SaberPro
Alliance of the Jedi (AOJ)
ZoneFriend = AOJ_SaberPro

"The Force is with you young Skywalker...but you are not a Jedi yet!" - Darth Vader
SaberPro is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-20-2002, 08:59 PM   #3
CaptainPOE

Psssst...use the force Darth Mar

Just pull it back to you with force pull if it is able to get stuck on something. But I seriously doubt that they will make it able for it to be lost into a pit or something like that.

I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather...not sreaming and yelling like those in his car
CaptainPOE is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-20-2002, 09:19 PM   #4
RiseForth

I hope it doesn't come back to you magically. I thought that was kinda lame in MOTS.

RiseForth
RiseForth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-20-2002, 09:19 PM   #5
Zek

Where did you guys hear the saber can get caught on things or stopped? In MotS, the saber comes right back to you always after a saber throw, and I don't see why it wouldn't be automated since it uses the force just to throw it anyway.
Zek is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-20-2002, 09:27 PM   #6
Darth Yittreas

I don't know...

Darth Yittreas
Dark Lord of Sith
Darth Yittreas is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-20-2002, 09:35 PM   #7
Bowen

The Sabre's in JKO have been fitted with the 'Clapper' device. All Kyle has to do is clap his hands and it emits a beep so he can find it.

B O W E N
Bowen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-20-2002, 10:44 PM   #8
BlacKnight

I don't think it could be deflected away from the person, in the trailer it shows kyle deflect a reborns lightsaber (or mayber the other way around) and it simply flys right back to him.
BlacKnight is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-20-2002, 10:48 PM   #9
GAT

Quote:
Originally posted by Bowen
The Sabre's in JKO have been fitted with the 'Clapper' device. All Kyle has to do is clap his hands and it emits a beep so he can find it.
That would be a very intriguing mod. Clap on clap off sabers...
and anyone could do it to any saber....

hmmm...

GAT

I prefer what was to what now is;
'Cause what was wasn't what now isn't.
GAT is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-20-2002, 10:58 PM   #10
G0SP0DAR

Quote:
Originally posted by CaptainPOE
Psssst...use the force Darth Mar

Just pull it back to you with force pull if it is able to get stuck on something. But I seriously doubt that they will make it able for it to be lost into a pit or something like that.
Heh, true, but that doesn't work if it falls into a bottomless pit, and that happened to me many a time in MotS, even when it should have magically come back. Really screwed things up a few times. I like those multiplayer levels that just happen to have extra lightsabers lying around in case stuff like that should happen. That's saved me a number of times, too
: p
G0SP0DAR is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-20-2002, 11:03 PM   #11
Miss_Stalker

I dont think there would be a time where it wouldnt come back. I think it would just folow you.....like in the trailer
Miss_Stalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-21-2002, 08:22 AM   #12
Pedro The Hutt
Jedi Knight

Yeah usually it comes back to you, but in some cases another Force user can push it on the floor when it's flying at them.. or pull it away from you when the saber is flying back towards you, so you'd have to pull it back towards you or run after it.. and sometimes a player will probably be so dirty to push/pull it over a very deep pit or something. But like it's been said, we haven't played the game yet so a definate answer can't be given yet.
Pedro The Hutt is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > Throwing your sabre away... forever