lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Does it run like Quake 3 Team Arena or Wolfenstein?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-26-2002, 07:17 PM   #1
jedialphaknight
Banned

Does it run like Quake 3 Team Arena or Wolfenstein?

Obviously this is for people who have played, of course, wolfenstein was made from quake 3 team arena but wolfenstein lags for some reason, in big areas, doesn't happen to me in quake 3 team arena, that game flys nicely, but wolfenstein kinda lags....I run at 1024x768x32 on both

my system is

1 ghz p3
512 ram
geforce 3

if anybody has similar specs to me and has played I would appreciate a responce thanks
jedialphaknight is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-26-2002, 08:52 PM   #2
Cracken

Location: Less than 12 parsecs from the nearest Twi'lek slave dancer
I run RtCW in 1024x768x32 with full detail and no slowdown or lag on a Athlon 1 ghz with 1gig of DDR RAM and a GeForce2.

"Hide a stone among stones and a man among men." General Rokurota, "The Hidden Fortress"
Cracken is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-26-2002, 09:15 PM   #3
The Kessel Run

alphaknight I have about 700 mb ram otherwise my system is exactly the same as yours from the info given. When you talk of slowdowns in wolfenstein do you mean in single player or multi player? I mean from the fact that in SP I experience a solid 55-90 FPS pretty much all the time in large areas as well. On the other hand, in MP, I tend to lag a bit in larger areas (beach invasion-allied/axis side, depot-allied spawn) but that is just an MP issue due to the mass number of player models on either side in the point of view that taxes your video card, along with the server. (if I'm posting a "no s**t" statement then I'm sorry I'm not trying to patronize you) Basically in SP I have no slowdown in areas big or small, in MP I do have slowdown in big areas. I haven't played JKII, but I would imagine the world of Star Wars to be a bit more complex than Nazi Germany so it will probably perform in the general area but slower....
The Kessel Run is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-26-2002, 09:18 PM   #4
Aik

The best comparison IMO would be RtCW...

I run it at a constant 80 - 90 fps...

------------------------------------

The Aik
Aik is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-26-2002, 09:45 PM   #5
jedialphaknight
Banned

I was talking about single player I get decent frames but when I hit a large area I sink to 30-40 damn
jedialphaknight is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-26-2002, 09:49 PM   #6
Nickeleye

How do you know how many FPS you are running at?
Nickeleye is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-26-2002, 10:05 PM   #7
gro

It flies along on my system at 1024x768, with high quality details etc (My crap monitor doesn't support higher res, and my good one is on the blink)
I have a 1.2athlon @1.3, GF2 GTS SB Audigy and 768 MB RAM, just turned of Antiostropic filtering and its a liquid smooth framerate.
gro is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-26-2002, 10:40 PM   #8
TsN|ViperX

RTCW isn't really a good comparison because it's CPU limited, it doesn't tax the graphics card nearly as much as it seems jk2 will.

www.tsncentral.com
ViperX - TsN Staff
TsN|ViperX is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > Does it run like Quake 3 Team Arena or Wolfenstein?