lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: MP MOD Idea: Capture The ATST
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-07-2002, 06:25 PM   #1
JCronic

MP MOD Idea: Capture The ATST

I think it would be pretty cool to have a more interesting type MP match than Capture The Flag. How about Capture The ATST? Since there is an ATST that is drivable in SP, we could make a MP map that has one ATST in the middle of the map and each team needs to try and capture it and bring it back to there base to score a point. Or there could be an objective based map where the ATST is located at the Red(Imperial) Base and the Blue(Rebel) Team needs to try and capture it and bring it back to there base before a certain amount of time runs out. For these type maps, I would try to limit the amount of heavy weapons on the map because if everybody grabbed a rocket launcher nodody would ever beable to bring the ATST back to there base before somebody blows it up. What do you guys think?

I think it would also be kinda fun to have a huge flat battleground map like Hoth and have like 10 ATST's, 5 on each side, and battle eachother with ATST's.

The ATST's are just begging to be incorperated into an MP game, somebody has to do something with them.
JCronic is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-07-2002, 06:40 PM   #2
Nephand

hehe, I like that idea a lot.

Reminds of the Tribes 2 bit where you had to chase the person with the flag around the map.

I can imagine it'd work quite well with an ATST, only issue, as you mentioned, would be spam. Limited number of players OR limited weapons use.

Either way a fun concept
Nephand is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-07-2002, 06:48 PM   #3
B0MBER II

I love the idea

I like the 5 on5 ATST war

Chicago Cubs... #1
B0MBER II is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-07-2002, 09:03 PM   #4
bliv

I think it would be better if it was hold the ATST. Where the idea is to capture it and hold it for a length of time to score points.
bliv is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-07-2002, 09:21 PM   #5
erroneous

How about when you killed the atst the guy inside would die and you'd be put inside automatically?

The way of the Sloth is not for the strong hearted.
erroneous is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-08-2002, 11:34 AM   #6
sinoth

mmmm... and you could yank the guy out with force pull, or zap the ATST with lightning...

sounds fun, someone do it!
sinoth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-08-2002, 11:56 AM   #7
DarkSkywalker

king of the atst hill?

*Belch*
DarkSkywalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Editing Central > General Editing > MP MOD Idea: Capture The ATST