lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Skins for multiplayer (internett)
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-24-2002, 03:31 PM   #1
-[zyphr]-

Question Skins for multiplayer (internett)

Well I'd just like to know if theres anyway to use the skins ive downloaded in multiplayer on the internett (when i'm not creating my own server)
If theres only some skins u can actualy do this with, plz tell me where to find this for obi wan ep1
-[zyphr]- is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-24-2002, 03:38 PM   #2
PsiSilverthorn

The server has to have them installed...That is the only way.
PsiSilverthorn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-24-2002, 04:00 PM   #3
Raynaga

Which is why skins are an overal pointless excercise. Download and install as many as you want, but there is a very tiny chance that the server you will play on will have your skin. This will hold even more true now that the SDK is out and the community will start releasing skins in abundance.

--R--
Raynaga is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-24-2002, 04:02 PM   #4
Kuroshi

This is why we need to get buddies with fast connections to run servers with all the skins we like. =)
Kuroshi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-24-2002, 04:17 PM   #5
Thanatos

Hi

Quote:
Which is why skins are an overal pointless excercise.
This is not completely right. Imagine the community makes some really fabulous skins.
Raven would be stupid if they wouldn't include them in a kind of a Service Pack or Update.
So maybe all the Skinning and mapping is not completely useless

--
"I'll make weapons out of my imperfections"
Thanatos is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-24-2002, 06:10 PM   #6
PsiSilverthorn

Quote:
Originally posted by Raynaga
Which is why skins are an overal pointless excercise. Download and install as many as you want, but there is a very tiny chance that the server you will play on will have your skin. This will hold even more true now that the SDK is out and the community will start releasing skins in abundance.

--R--
No not usesless if you are talking about people running custom non-dedicated servers themselves. Problem is that LucasArts says that non-dedicated servers don't show up on the Internet list because they didn't want them to!! But to be able to join servers that might have the skins we need to have non-dedicated servers show up on the list.
PsiSilverthorn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-24-2002, 08:23 PM   #7
M@nd@lori@n

Why doesn't anyone get all the skins and models in one official file and call it "Big fluffy File" like they did with the original JK game?

Ash-"Maybe ...just maybe my boys can stop them from getting the Book....right and I'm a Chinese jetpilot!" Army of Darkness
M@nd@lori@n is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-24-2002, 10:57 PM   #8
Stan_Tencza

Gr.

We'll have to wait for these huge skin packs. There are some very talented skinners out there--- Al McDonald for one. They'll just compile a huge kicka-ss skin file, and everyone will use that one file.

You know... with all the good skins in it...
-Maul
-Obi-wan
-Vader
-Mace

And so on.

-Stan
======================

======================
How bout a Yoda Stories Mod for JkII???????
-Stan
Stan_Tencza is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > Skins for multiplayer (internett)