lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Linksys Router Holy Grail = GOODBYE PARSE ERRORS!!!
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-25-2002, 10:12 PM   #1
UberJedi727

Thumbs up Linksys Router Holy Grail = GOODBYE PARSE ERRORS!!!

I've done it!

Months and months of frustration to no avail. I have cracked the code!

I own a Linksys 41 router.. and have been plauged with that "parse" error that randomly boots clients every 1 to 5 minutes.

No more.. WHOHOOO.. The only thing that I did was enable MTU under the advanced settings in the router.. and set it to the lowest possible setting. 57

Now I dont know how this will handle on a load. To be honest with you I only tested it with one player who had had that problem before. But we didn't drop once. We booted up Solider of Forturne 2 as well.. which was also having the same problem. GONE. Finally! Good riddance!

The only other (minor) change I did.. was enable auto-mtu updates in windows xp.. which I did with a program called Customizer XP. But I dont think this had anything to do with it.

The MTU option did not show up in my routers config until I updated to the latest firmware. If for some reason this fix turns up not being valid, I will repost.

Throwing up a dedicated server now as we speak. Finally a dedicated duel server to myself!

Thanks for all the attempts for help though guys.. glad its over.
UberJedi727 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Help Center > Technical Help > Linksys Router Holy Grail = GOODBYE PARSE ERRORS!!!