lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: texturing faces/decals
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-25-2002, 12:18 AM   #1
pitched_black

texturing faces/decals

Sorry for all these questions you guys, but does anyone know how to select faces only or just apply decals to have more than one texture on a single brush?

Of course, I have been known to be wrong...from...time to time...
pitched_black is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-26-2002, 12:08 AM   #2
Morbius

I dont know how to select one face, but I can tell you what I have done to get around this.

Make a brush hollow. This allows you to make a cube or other shape. Then select one of the walls and duplicate it. Now reduce youre grid size by one setting. Reduce the width of the original and duplicate wall by half. Place the duplicate wall directly next to the original wall. Voila, you now have an interior and an exterior, though it is a bit cumbersome. As for adding multiple textures to a single face, I would make brushes representing the area you want and use the csg subtract tool.
Morbius is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-26-2002, 12:38 AM   #3
Coyote399

shift+ctrl+alt+click
Coyote399 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Editing Central > JO Mapping > texturing faces/decals