lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Some genius questions
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-27-2002, 04:12 PM   #1
winner_rex

Unhappy Some genius questions

Hi everyone,
I was hoping to get some help with JK2Radient.
1) I am not new to mapping, only I have not used radient before.
I understand the concepts of mapping and compiling. However, I am having problems with the radient editor.
2) Unless I use the weird "non-worldcraft-like" view, I cannot see any texture windows. How do I find them? Is it because I changed the base paths in the project settings menu to their DOS defaults?
3) The camera is out of whack. Very out of whack. Right click in camera view= Camera flies away at the speed of light.
4) Is there a way to convert WC maps to radient (geometry only)?

If any of you can help I would much appreciate it.

I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it further.

Hey, even I get boarded sometimes.
winner_rex is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-27-2002, 04:18 PM   #2
Danshmeala

2.) This may not be what you're looking for, but if you press 't', it changes the little popup-window-thingy (that thing that always seems to be on top of all your programs, even if you minimize JKRadiant...) to be textures.

3.) Yeah, mine does that too... it's strange. I figured that it's just a way to move the camera around VERY quickly

~Danshmeala
Danshmeala is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-27-2002, 04:20 PM   #3
Arawyn

Use arrow keys to move camera, C and D raise and lower the camera, A and Z change the angle of the camera < and > strafe left and right.
Arawyn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-27-2002, 04:21 PM   #4
Darth Draugmahl

The camera in 3d view operates on the idea that the absolute center of the screen is the "stationary" point. If you click at the very top center it will moved you forward as fast as the camera can move. If you click just above the very center of the screen it will move forward much more slowly. that also applies to all other directions.
Darth Draugmahl is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Editing Central > JO Mapping > Some genius questions