lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: "Dont kill if saber is off"
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-04-2002, 09:21 PM   #41
steeef

pretty much all the ffa servers i play on now have "if saber is off, do not attack!" or something similar in their motd or name. i always follow this rule, unless me and someone else agree to mess around, like having a kicking duel.

if i see anyone not following the rule in one of these servers, i show no mercy. a lot of times a bunch of us who do follow the rules will gang up on them. like one person will grip them while the others hack away.

if i'm on an ffa server that doesn't specify this as a rule, i show other players the same respect they show to me. if they have their saber off and bow, i do the same. if they instantly attack, obviously i'm not going to whine that my saber was off and they had no right to attack me.
steeef is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-04-2002, 09:27 PM   #42
SpaceMonkey1315

Re: Re:

Quote:
Originally posted by callvin
I'm the head admin at the [LiCk] DO NOT ATTACK IF SABER NOT DRAWN FFA Server - 169.229.8.35

Alot of what you fellas are talking about is an annoying problem. Our server has some pretty simple rules to promote FAIR play..

No two people can fight if either saber is not drawn. Those who's sabers are not out are specifically looking for a duel. Every so often we get a llama that attempts to exploit this rule to save their @ss's. Turning off yer saber mid-fight for no other reason than to not die will get ya kicked.

Our rules have no loopholes. I can't spam every damn rule. If you do ANYTHING lame, I'll let ya know it.

However, revenge killing is not tolerated either. Simply find an admin, or hop on irc for 2 secs, and we'll get the problem fixed, I guarantee it.

My only regret is not being able to have an admin on 24/7. We recently added another admin bringing our running total to somewhere around 10.

Our server has consistantly been praised by the JK2 community for being one of the consistantly BEST FFA Duel servers out there. You'll never find a bettr group of regulars, and some of the best saberists, anywhere!

[LiCk]Sebboh Nivlac
thats a great idea of rules...exept you dont need to kick a person because hes trying to run away mid battle, just let the other people chase him down and take him out, the same goes for people who fight a little, run away, heal, do it over again, and end up racking up points

Space Monkey
SpaceMonkey1315 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-05-2002, 12:29 AM   #43
Mobius47

excuse me for being dumb,

Quote:
Originally posted by D'akt Sangwar
one time
this guy was hacking ppl and sum1 sed
hey u have no honour follow the code
he sed:
i follow no stupid codes
so i slashed him when he had saber off and he went crazy
saying that i shudt hit him with saber off
kinda dumb isnt he

how did you get that smiley (my personal favorite) as your avitar?

mail me @ mobius47@hotmail.com
(anti-spam protection: subject must be fail-safe or message will be autodeleted)
Mobius47 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-05-2002, 03:00 AM   #44
Twins of Doom
Webmaster

me, i just always go to Jedi Drikan's Dueling Server, i know the people there.....and if somebody does it to me i call a vote to kick them and generally it will work, and if not......Drikan will kick them:P

Wizard's First Rule: People Are Stupid

Twins of Doom
-Webmaster-
twinsofdoom@ogresnet.com
Kingdoms of Azeroth
Twins of Doom is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-05-2002, 07:47 PM   #45
[HoT]Dark-Sith

I play on the WirePlay servers mainly, since my CL is the admin of the WP servers

The WirePlay FFA #3 server is NF, Sabers Only, and most of the time (even though it isn't an enforced rule) people don't attack people with sabers down

Even if people do attack someone with their saber down, the person being attacked (the attackee? is that a word? ) usually whips out their saber to defend themselves

I have to agree with some people, however
If you're on a level like Nar Shadda streets (in my opinion one of the worst maps in the game) and you're playing with people you DON'T know, then it becomes impossible to run around with your saber holstered, as people will just continually push, drain, grip, or saber you while you run back to the place where all the duellists are going

I feel that if someone wants to attack people when they have their sabers down, then why come onto a forum and complain about it (I know that in my case, if someone takes a swing at me with my saber off, which most of the time is very obvious they are about to do it, i just jump out of their way, ignite my saber, and proceed to chop them into little chunks of bitesize Bantha feed *Just like Darth Vader... "Don't Make Me Destroy You!" )

I would give you all the IP for the server, but unfortunately, i'm at work just now, and not in the habit of memorising IP addresses (one of my weaknesses, i know )

Thats my take on the situation, anyway...

[HoT]Dark-Sith

Follower of the Sith Code

There is no peace: There is anger
There is no fear: There is power
There is no death: There is immortality
There is no weakness: There is the Dark Side
I am the heart of Darkness
I know no fear
But rather i instill it in my enemies
I am the destroyer of worlds
I know the power of the Dark Side
I am the fire of hate
All the universe bows before me
I pledge myself to the darkness
For i have found true life
In the death of the light...

[HoT]Dark-Sith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-05-2002, 08:15 PM   #46
Jedi Davo X

Quote:
Originally posted by HappyPrancer
in a FFA what matters is kills divided minutes. People who waste their time dualing don't deserve not to be thrown over some edge. It doesn't even make sense to have your saber out. It's such a slow, clumsy way to kill someone compared to pushing them over the edge.

Really, one should look for easy kills like people typing, or trying to dual someone. They tend to fight back less.

So, to sum things up, if you want to dual, make sure no one is around who will blast you, and don't get upset if the person you want to dual shoots you with a rocket, because you deserve it for trying to dual with people in FFA.

-HP
Do you have any fun playing or do you have to kill online to prevent a psychotic episode in real life?

May the force be with you...and may the shadows guide you...
Jedi Davo X is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-05-2002, 08:20 PM   #47
[HoT]Dark-Sith

http://users.skynet.be/sky82632/drink/trink12.gif

Quote:
Use the link above to have that smiley as your avatar Mobius
(Put that link into your avatar options in the profile section)

[HoT]Dark-Sith

I know no fear
I am the fire of hate

Old 05-05-2002, 11:27 PM   #48
flippo

i just played at the Happy Fun Ball server and also got kicked. i'm sick of these idiots running around with no sabers thinking their off limits. i'm fighting this one guy and kicking his ass, right, he keeps grabbing shields and health then after about 800 damage done to him he puts his saber away and runs, so i chase him and kill him. then he starts bitching about his precious no saber=peace ****. so i declare right there: "if your just standing around with no saber and you aren't waiting for a duel, i'm killing you." well after fighting the same guy and him running away minus saber, i kill and then BAM! Disconnected. insanity! luckily happy fun ball is the only server that has such nazi-esque rules, and i should have known better than to go in there in the first place.
flippo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-06-2002, 12:53 AM   #49
[HoT]Dark-Sith

I have to agree with you on that one flippo, i do sometimes leave people when they are waiting for a duel, but fighting, then putting away the saber when they're almost dead, thinking this will stop you from killing them is just stupid

[HoT]Dark-Sith

I know no fear
I am the fire of hate

Old 05-06-2002, 12:59 AM   #50
XERXES
werd

It is frikkin annoying when you challenge somebody...and to have them cut you to pieces while you are...ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! But then again...when im in a dueling mode i just go to a duel server. But still that gets annoying in FFA. Have you no honor?!?!?!?!

like woah
XERXES is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-06-2002, 06:24 AM   #51
Thrawn89

Re: "Dont kill if saber is off"

Quote:
Originally posted by DrazMan

B: They leave their saber off on maps like streets and you run by them, but they grip you and toss you off.
You could have phrased that a little better methinks.

Dear me, sorry to bring down the tone of the thread with smut, but I couldn't resist.

Anyway, no attacking with the saber off? Hmmm, nah, go at towards them, saber on, if they don't light up or challenge you then I'd use saber throw to get their attention, after that if there is no response, knock em down and stomp their brains in.
Thrawn89 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-06-2002, 08:37 AM   #52
Atmos

Cool Guy just another n00b

How do u bow? It seems like a nice gesture, but i really dont know how to do it!

I know thats thats kinda noobish but I figure its better to ask, then not knowing

Sleep is overrated, Stay awake!
Atmos is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-06-2002, 10:22 AM   #53
EffJi

To bow: crouch and look down.

If someone tirns off their lightsaber in FFA I just say:

"*breath* *breath* It is unwise to lower your defenses"
and chop his head off.
EffJi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-06-2002, 11:21 AM   #54
OPP

if someon has saber off i'll try to challenge them, if a duel is allready happening then i'll kill them ... simple

EffJi is this something you say in your head, or out loud, or have binded ?
OPP is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-06-2002, 01:39 PM   #55
acdcfanbill
..the wonders I have seen

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
yet another use for DFA... if a guy runs off to get health when it gets low, just take 175 off at once.. then he dont have to worry, and you get the kill... DFA is my answer to all other lame tactics... somone draining you? they usually stand still to do it, dfa them

acdcfanbill is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-06-2002, 02:01 PM   #56
Azazii

Post BOOOOOOOO

if(Saberdown == 1){

peace = yes;

}

else if (Saberdown == 0){

peace = no;
GetItOn = yes;
LetsRumble = HellYeah;

}

~ Azazii
Azazii is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-06-2002, 02:10 PM   #57
EffJi

I got it bound to n.
Happens more often than you might think.
EffJi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-06-2002, 02:31 PM   #58
D'akt Sangwar

Re: excuse me for being dumb,

Quote:
Originally posted by Mobius47

hi
i just saved it and uploaded it
D'akt Sangwar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-07-2002, 07:13 AM   #59
Raith

Quote:
Originally posted by [HoT]Dark-Sith
I play on the WirePlay servers mainly, since my CL is the admin of the WP servers

The WirePlay FFA #3 server is NF, Sabers Only, and most of the time (even though it isn't an enforced rule) people don't attack people with sabers down

Even if people do attack someone with their saber down, the person being attacked (the attackee? is that a word? ) usually whips out their saber to defend themselves

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I was playing on that server on Sunday Night, what a load of idiots that were on there. Nowhere at all does it say "Do Not Kill if Sabre Drawn". There was about 4 or 5 players all whinging and whining coz not everyone was playing by their rules, ON A PUBLIC SERVER!!. If you want to Duel go join a ****'in Duel Server not a FFA server running round like they own the place, calling people Lamers etc every 5 minutes. Begging people not to get the final kills when they reach the Killcount because they want to carry on Duelling on Bespin Landing Pad

These people need to get a life FFS.

BTW Dark-Sith you got some fine players in HoT, Raven was pretty much kickin everyone arse
Raith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-07-2002, 10:52 AM   #60
tofu

Don't they have that typing thing above your head now? Haven't actually seen it yet. Why not just pretend to type if you're going AFK.

But AFK's deserve to be killed. Don't join a server if you're not going to play.
tofu is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-07-2002, 01:22 PM   #61
Azazii

True True...

If someone's AFK with saber down, I leave them alone. Keep that jackass factor down and whatnot. However...If someone's got to go crap and leaves a gun/saber out i usualy just crouch on their head and weld them a new face or something fun like that.

DON'T go to sleep while playing! You don't go "AFK" while you're driving do you? What? Oh...you do...

~ Azazii
Azazii is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-07-2002, 03:19 PM   #62
HappyPrancer

okay, so I still don't understand this rule.

People join a server to walk around with no saber drawn? what fun is that. What if they just start throwing you off of high places, can you attack them then. It doesn't seem fair that they can attack you before you know if they are playing a game, or just walking around aimlessly on a server.

Also, in the scenario where they are AFK (which I understand to mean away from keyboard), why would they get mad if they die. If I have to take a dump, I wait till I'm dead. If I'm not dead, I just go take a dump, but then I don't expect to be alive when I get back. And who cares if I am. It's not like you have a limited number of lives.

I plan to continue killing everyone, especially easy kills like AFKs, and continue getting banned from every server I join until you all learn the importance of STAYING AT YOUR DAMN KEYBOARD IF YOU DON"T WANT TO GET KILLED.

son of a bitch.

-HP
HappyPrancer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-07-2002, 03:39 PM   #63
XERXES
werd

It is as simple as this...(it was frikkin annoying in CS too)
IF YOU JOIN A SERVER...PLAY IN THE STUPID SERVER, DONT SIT THERE AND BE AFK FOR NO REASON...SOMEBODY ELSE WOULD PROBABLY LIKE TO GET IN THE SERVER BUT NOOO THOSE DANG AFKers WASTE A SLOT ...so yeah, i kill them because they deserve it.

like woah
XERXES is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > "Dont kill if saber is off"