lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Anyone know what this console command does?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-13-2002, 07:46 PM   #1
Comp625

Anyone know what this console command does?

/r_ext_preferred_tc_method "0"

My FPS sorta sucks in JK2 so I'm trying my best to increase my FPS somehow. Does anyone know what this does? I already have Lightmaps and Texture compression enabled (/r_ext_compress_[lightmaps,textures])
Comp625 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-13-2002, 07:51 PM   #2
Nullzero

My guess would be it has something to do with Texture Compression.
Nullzero is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-13-2002, 07:52 PM   #3
Tawana

All I can think of is that the tc may mean Texture Compression, and you can choose from different methods, but I could be wrong, but about improving your FPS. If you want to keep your textures highly detailed, then use Bilinear Filtering instead of Tri. Also turn off Antio-Scopic filtering and VSync. That helped me out in 1600x1200, got my fps from 40 to 70 or so.
Tawana is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-13-2002, 09:35 PM   #4
Comp625

Done that already. It's just that my FPS sucks REAL BAD on maps like ffa_ns_streets. ctf_ns_streets isn't as bad fps wise. ctf_imperial is really bad fps wise as well. Especially when you stand near those 3 armor pickups and face down the hall. The FPS just dies for me when there's a battle going on near those armor pickups.

Oh yes I do have the latest drivers. I'm all tweaked out. I have alreayd applied the WinXP Refresh Rate fix for my Detonator Drivers. I'm computer literate. Just incase you're wondering :P

I go as low as 20fps on ffa_ns_streets. Sometimes even lower if there's a huge battle with lots of playermodels clashing each other.
Comp625 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-13-2002, 09:46 PM   #5
Bambers

Whats your system spec?

Your fps might be limited more by your cpu in heavy fights than your gfx card.
Bambers is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > Anyone know what this console command does?