lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Is there no honour left?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-17-2002, 07:44 PM   #41
InfErnO

Dishonour =whining like a baby about someones gaming style.
It's a game you monkey, everyone has the right to play his own style.

It's not the way how someone plays that reflects a character, it's the whining and the baby insults. It's just cause one can't handle losing a ****ing computer game. How low can you go?

Anyway, the jk/k2 is the lamest gaming community for some reason. It's entertaining though.

Gnaa!
InfErnO is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-17-2002, 07:44 PM   #42
Jubatus

Well, as I stated the original post I didn't expect it to change anything nor do I nurture any hope that it would.

It was written in slight anger on a night after fighting some real boring players. Primarily move spammers, who are horribly boring to fight, which I also said in my original post (one of you misunderstood this despite saying you had read my post thoroughly).

Never meant to tell you how you should play. If you don't wanna bow, don't. But I will.

Giving it second thought after calming down I realize I should have concentrated on the boring players, not the ones I consider 'dishonourable'. The boring players are actually the ones I loathe the most. Having some Uh-I'm-an-evil-sith lord attack me while typing or otherwise temporarily incapable of defending myself is annoying, but doesn't rate as bad.

Many of you advocate the righteousness of attacking someone on the ground. You have already proven your strength by winning the saber lock. Does it not prove you even stronger to let your opponent feel that you do not need to take advantage of him being knocked down in order to win? It's a respectable form of arrogance in my oppinion

It is however funny, how so many respond to my post defending their right to play dirty. Strike that, they even go as far as trying to nullify the loathsome about it. Why defend your behaviour so strongly if you truly do not feel you should be offended by my post?

And why do some of you say that it's just a video game and we shouldn't bring in knightly aspects like honour, greeting your opponent and such like, while you at the same time defend your actions with 'that's how a sith lord would do'?

And why do some of you interpret my posting as being a whiner for losing? I win more than I lose. Losing or winning is not the issue here. Guess calling whiner is the easy tool of shallow crowd pleasing some of you have to settle with.

But let all that be.

What I really want to promote is flavour to your styles of fighting. Let go of your fear of losing, be the samurai seeking death in combat, take wacky chances, live a little damnit!

Believe it or not, creating fun for others is more fun than having fun for yourself only.

Jubatus
Jubatus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-17-2002, 08:17 PM   #43
Spider AL
A well-spoken villain...

Quote:
Believe it or not, creating fun for others is more fun than having fun for yourself only.
Uh, I'm one of the folks who would probably qualify as "honourable" by your standards... but I have to say, having fun by proxy is not my favourite pastime. I play to have fun for myself, thank you very much.

[FW] Spider AL
--
Hewwo, meesa Jar-Jar Binks. Yeah. Excusing me, but me needs to go bust meesa head in with dissa claw-hammer, because yousa have stripped away meesa will to living.
Spider AL is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-17-2002, 08:36 PM   #44
Lime-Light
Umpalumpa

I play on nuetral or NF servers. I play honorable, but uf my opponent gets pissed at my whooping his ass and plays like lamer, i do it the cheap way.
Lime-Light is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-17-2002, 09:31 PM   #45
fitzwilliamd

This is not a rant, but quoting entire messages might not be a great idea. The concept is to grab a line or two and comment on it and then ...

Awwwww, nevermind
fitzwilliamd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-18-2002, 12:12 AM   #46
Swingman

What's the point of winning the saber lock if you don't take advantage of it?

I'm guessing you would stop your saber just short of hitting the person so that you don't hurt his health because he's already been mentally harmed due to knowing that said person is incapable of defending themselves.

That's about as stupid as your argument sounds as to not attacking people that you knocked over.
Swingman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-18-2002, 12:20 AM   #47
hiausd

Quote:
Anyway, the jk/k2 is the lamest gaming community for some reason. It's entertaining though.
I agree

I don't care if people play with honor or not. I just find it annoying and boring when someone can only kill another in a backstab. People who just try to make you fall the whole duel.
hiausd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-18-2002, 01:07 AM   #48
Jah Warrior
part time waster

Smile You are not alone my friend

Hi,

I am so glad that i saw this post, it has restored my faith in humanity.

I, like you jubatus also follow my real life principles when playing JKII.

You say that perhaps you used the wrong word when you said honour, yes and no.

I prefer to call it common decency, or manners.

when i have a fight i know that the best fights will happen when both opponents are 'ready' and have signalled thier readiness with a nod or a bow.

I personally will not take the time to chat to anyone who will not bow or just steams in and tries to dfa you while bowing as I believe this says a lot about their reall life personality too. However I have met some people while playing who seem to have a similar outlook and have become good online friends with these folk.

I never thought for a minute that playing this game would gain me friends but alas it has. all for 35. You cannot put a price on friendship and for that reason alone it makes JKII a godsend.

In regard to specific points of your post, i sometimes do hit folk on the ground, if only to stop me getting hit first. If however the player is known to me and is an honourable fellow I will always make the effort to backflip away after the lock has finished. and nod my head to them. to acknowledge a good lock.

As far as Boring players are concerned, I too agree on this point, i notice a lot of people are going a little crazy over the over head yello jumpy thing and it does get tiresome when you play with varied moves and get multiple strikes only to find the other guy always trying to position himself for the overhead move which when it connects all but kills you. To me this is a tactic for the weak saberist.

In regard to people trying to 1 hit kill right off the bat, I fail to see where the achievement is in that. it is a totally hollow victory.

I also think that perhaps culture plays a part in this, Some societies place all importance on being 'number 1' and 'winning', 'nobody remembers losers' etc, and some societies seem to have sportsmanship and fair play as there core. I don't want to name particular countries as it may upset americans but i do find that different countries have different codes of conduct as such and it is evident on the servers, Not as a rule but in general.

There is something that perhaps we should all take into consideration while playing and that is:- when you encounter the obnoxious players, they are probably just kids, and as such we should just tolerate them and simply feel sorry for their parents.

I find that the nicer i am to people the better i play, and winning is just a side effect of that.

To sum up be nice to people and hopefully they will reciprocate.

Good on you Jubatus i hope i play against you soon.

Peace to you all

Jah

Big Respect to the Crimson Order
Jah Warrior is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-18-2002, 03:27 AM   #49
Swingman

Bowing has nothing to do with common decency or honor in games.
Swingman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > Is there no honour left?