lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: What Made Episode 2 great?
Natalie Portman 18 27.27%
Yoda with the lightsaber 48 72.73%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll


Thread: Poll: Coolest part in ep2
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-18-2002, 01:02 PM   #1
Darth_spidey
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 20
Lightbulb Poll: Coolest part in ep2

Ok everyone, what made Episode 2 so great?

Natalie Portman's wardrobe?

or

Yoda with the light saber.




-I sense much fear in you
Darth_spidey is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-18-2002, 01:32 PM   #2
Shockwave21
 
Shockwave21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 3
so hard to choose

GAH you bastard! YOu had to make us vote on THAT? Well Yoda definitely wins but that still doesn't do justice to the Costume Designer! I commend them on a job VERY well done!
Shockwave21 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-18-2002, 03:39 PM   #3
Duncan Barr
 
Duncan Barr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 17
Coolest part by a mile: The Seismic charges Jango fired- THAT amazing effect!!!!

Cant wait to hear that sound on our Cinema setup.
Duncan Barr is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-18-2002, 03:47 PM   #4
Fettish
 
Fettish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Behind you
Posts: 55
My favorite scene would be any scene with Jango in it. Also, the Yoda lightsaber fight was pretty sweet.

Fettish is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-18-2002, 03:55 PM   #5
Joshi
Registered Amuser
 
Joshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Wherever the wind takes me... or failing that the nearest cinema.
Posts: 7,196
LFN Staff Member 
close call, but yodas fighting has to be the winner, my jaw was almost touching the floor in that scene, he kicks arse. but amidalas wardrobes wasn't without it's charms, but i'm still trying to work out why she had to get all dressed up just to pack her clothes, it's crazy really, who apart from anikin and jaja saw her?

oh well.

Joshi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-18-2002, 05:01 PM   #6
Bloodhound
 
Bloodhound's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Missouri
Posts: 4
Thumbs up

Yoda defintitly gets my vote!! I didnt know that he could move that fast! WOW!! Even as old as he is.

Even though the chick is still good looking!!LOL
Bloodhound is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-18-2002, 05:23 PM   #7
The Rocket Man
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 9
I found Yoda's acting also FAR superior to that of Natalie Portman. Maybe they should digitalise her too in the next movie.
The Rocket Man is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-18-2002, 05:33 PM   #8
sparky_fox
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 24
The coolest part was cut from the movie:

The scene where yoda is force stripping of padme's cloths before he jedi force ravages her...

Yoda enteres room:


Yoda: Babe you have become, yes Babe. Some hot loveing do you need.


Padme: Want to play Jedi master and naughty senator with me again.

Close up on yoda's face

Yoda: Feel my force you will.

Clothes rip asunder and Yoda and Padme get it on while levitating around the room.


Yoda: Who's your Jedi! who's your Jedi!

---

Seriously though, the sonic detonators in the asteroid feild where the best, I antisipated the sound and they paused it just that little bit longer it had the same effect on me just like the antisipation you get before the drop on a roller coaster, it seams like an eternity away and then it just hits you, a great moment in the movie, I loved it.


A mind is a terible thing to waste
sparky_fox is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-18-2002, 06:18 PM   #9
DBlake
 
DBlake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 15
LOL!!!! VERY FUNNY SCENE THERE SPARKY_FOX

My Favorite scene by far has to be yoda kicking some serious ***
As for Jango's bomb effect in the astroid field was awsome. The effect reminded me of a guitar noise when it exploded, very cool!!
DBlake is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-18-2002, 06:24 PM   #10
Eets
Me > You.
 
Eets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: GeeBeeDotCom
Posts: 6,499
Forum Veteran 
Re: so hard to choose

Quote:
Originally posted by Shockwave21
GAH you bastard! YOu had to make us vote on THAT?
I wholeheartedly agree. HOW COULD YOU MAKE US CHOOSE???



eets
Eets is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-19-2002, 07:11 PM   #11
Leagle
 
Leagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Den Haag
Posts: 431
Post

Obi-Wan diving through that solid window! That rocked!

You gotta be a stiff as iron to do that kinda stuff, and as strong as an ox.
I think that whole chase scene rocked! Especially Obi. More bar-arm severage!
(Heh, I remember watching ANH, and thinking: "He really enjoyed that!" when everyone looks at the arm, him and the saber, before pretending they didn't just see an old wan thrash a couple of murderers.)

I thought the movie was great, but all the stuff on Courascant was breathtaking -we get to see more of what the planet can look like, the weather, etc. (Nice fog!)


Who needs a brother anyway?
Leagle is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-19-2002, 07:44 PM   #12
Tank_Comie4545
 
Tank_Comie4545's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Verona, Wi
Posts: 84

When Yoda was fighting that was the best, his cousin must be a leamer!!! but what is up with this it should be green!!!!!!



- - -
Tank_Comie4545 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-19-2002, 08:07 PM   #13
JimtheAssassin
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally posted by sparky_fox
The coolest part was cut from the movie:

The scene where yoda is force stripping of padme's cloths before he jedi force ravages her...

Yoda enteres room:


Yoda: Babe you have become, yes Babe. Some hot loveing do you need.


Padme: Want to play Jedi master and naughty senator with me again.

Close up on yoda's face

Yoda: Feel my force you will.

Clothes rip asunder and Yoda and Padme get it on while levitating around the room.


Yoda: Who's your Jedi! who's your Jedi!

---

Seriously though, the sonic detonators in the asteroid feild where the best, I antisipated the sound and they paused it just that little bit longer it had the same effect on me just like the antisipation you get before the drop on a roller coaster, it seams like an eternity away and then it just hits you, a great moment in the movie, I loved it.
While hilariously funny, that is also oddly erotic...
JimtheAssassin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-20-2002, 04:32 AM   #14
Darth_spidey
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally posted by Leagle
Obi-Wan diving through that solid window! That rocked!

You gotta be a stiff as iron to do that kinda stuff, and as strong as an ox.
I think that whole chase scene rocked! Especially Obi. More bar-arm severage!
(Heh, I remember watching ANH, and thinking: "He really enjoyed that!" when everyone looks at the arm, him and the saber, before pretending they didn't just see an old wan thrash a couple of murderers.)

I thought the movie was great, but all the stuff on Courascant was breathtaking -we get to see more of what the planet can look like, the weather, etc. (Nice fog!)

NO CRAP!!!!!! THAT WAS FREAKING AWESOME! YOU WEREN'T EXPECTING IT, just talking starts to run AND BAM! RUN AND DIVES THROUGH A WINDOW! By far best single moment in movie, then comes yoda, then Padme, with part of her shirt ripped off very nice!!!!


-I sense much fear in you
Darth_spidey is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-20-2002, 06:07 PM   #15
pbdrummer
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 15
exaclty how old ARE you people?

That yoda/padme thing was just stupid, and whoever said that it was erotic...well pal, maybe one day you'll get a girlfriend/boyfriend (whichever), and sure the Yoda thing was pretty bad-ass, as were the seismic charges, and the only thing i liked about jango fett was when he was beheaded by mace windu(thank god there wont be a jango in ep3)....but no my friends, the best part of the movie had to be anakin and padme on tatooine after he killed the tusken raiders and he's saying how much he hates them and how he slaughtered not just the men, oh no.....but the women, and the children. They're animals and dammit, he slaughtered them like animals. That, my friends was the coolest part of the movie...such raw emotion. Yeah.
pbdrummer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-20-2002, 09:32 PM   #16
NemoX
 
NemoX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 175
Too many great parts in the movie...Impossible to choose it is...Natalies costumes were very Nice...Yoda with his Karate Stance and saber fighting was Fantastic...I'm glad PB drummer brought up the Annakin/Padme Scene after he killed the Tuskan Raiders...That Line was delivered perfectly and you really saw Annakin take the first major step towards the dark side...Also let me throw in to the mix the part where you see all the Jedi taking out their Lightsabers in the arena and charging the droids, that was a great Battle scene.
NemoX is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-21-2002, 03:09 PM   #17
Ferox
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 146
hahaha dude is that " who is your jedi" thing from something ? because i had a friend in college who i still get to see every once in a while who use to go " whos your jedi" among other stuff hehe, one of the funniest guys ive ever known.
Ferox is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-21-2002, 03:13 PM   #18
Cracken
 
Cracken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Less than 12 parsecs from the nearest Twi'lek slave dancer
Posts: 256
What the bloody hell kind of poll is this? It's like making someone choose between steak or lobster! Me? I vote "Undecided". BTW, that Yoda/Padme thing was pretty disturbing...but kinda hot.


"Hide a stone among stones and a man among men." General Rokurota, "The Hidden Fortress"
Cracken is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-21-2002, 06:08 PM   #19
JimtheAssassin
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 6
Re: exaclty how old ARE you people?

Quote:
Originally posted by pbdrummer
That yoda/padme thing was just stupid, and whoever said that it was erotic...well pal, maybe one day you'll get a girlfriend/boyfriend (whichever), and sure the Yoda thing was pretty bad-ass, as were the seismic charges, and the only thing i liked about jango fett was when he was beheaded by mace windu(thank god there wont be a jango in ep3)....but no my friends, the best part of the movie had to be anakin and padme on tatooine after he killed the tusken raiders and he's saying how much he hates them and how he slaughtered not just the men, oh no.....but the women, and the children. They're animals and dammit, he slaughtered them like animals. That, my friends was the coolest part of the movie...such raw emotion. Yeah.
I don't like defending myself against people who can't tell when someone's joking, so...

JimtheAssassin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-22-2002, 01:19 AM   #20
Clone142
 
Clone142's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 20
Personally while I enjoyed the movie from an entertainment point of view, I found the movie generally dry, emotionally. Did you feel angry when Anakin's mother died? Did you cry when they buried her? Later on, did you feel the silent anger that is surely building up in Anakin? Did you feel touched or excited by the love story between Anakin and Padme? Did you go WOW during any of the saberfighting between ObiWan, Anakin and Count Dooku (at least Yoda managed to create some laughs)? Did you grip the arms of your seat during the spaceship pursuit? Did you feel sad when Boba lost his father? And the list goes on and on, plenty of interesting events that fail to create any emotions. I mean aren't we supposed to empathize with the characters in a movie (especially a epic like Star Wars)? Care about them and be concerned by what is happening to them?

I don't think the story or events are to blame here. There were plenty of moments that should have moved us. Maybe the script could have been better but it was really the directing and acting that were not up to par.

So my favorite scene has to be Yoda's arrival aboard the Republic Gunship. Saving the surviving Jedi and taking charge of the final battle. I actually had goose pumps and at the same time I was relieved that I was finally able to feel something once again.
Clone142 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-22-2002, 04:44 AM   #21
OldSkoolJedi
 
OldSkoolJedi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: In A Cardboard Box
Posts: 57
Woooo

YODAS A BADASS KUNG FOO GANGSTA ON CRACK !

Thats All I Need To Say About That.


MWAHAHAHA
Yodas A Badass Kung Foo Gangsta On Crack !
OldSkoolJedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-22-2002, 07:09 AM   #22
Kyle d'Tana
Official Aresen Nailer
 
Kyle d'Tana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Switzerland?????
Posts: 1,355
Forum Veteran 
Definitely yoda with the lightsaber. but natalie was also great!!


Enjoi Aresen! Perfect place to lose your sanity!

Kyle d'Tana: The one and only "real" Scout in this Forum

Inofficial title for best COMPAQ reseller
Kyle d'Tana is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars > Prequel Trilogy > Poll: Coolest part in ep2

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:38 PM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.