lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: saber spin shield
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-22-2002, 09:32 AM   #1
Zero101

saber spin shield

this guy had a saber spinning round him like a shield

how do i do it?

someone told me to hold down sec.fire, then dodge the saber as it comes back and hold down primary but it dont work :s

ne one else got ne ideas?
Zero101 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-22-2002, 09:41 AM   #2
BigMexican

dont bother with it, push the poor bastard over and saber him ...
BigMexican is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-22-2002, 09:57 AM   #3
ArtifeX

Agreed. Don't bother. You can actually stand right in the path of that swirling "saber shield" and take absolutely no damage.

I make a point of turning my saber off and standing right in front of it when someone does it to me.

Artifex *ASC*
ArtifeX is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-22-2002, 10:34 AM   #4
Xzzy

it's a good way to pass the time when the guy you're trying to duel is a complete pussy and spends the entire fight trying to run away from you.

I experimented with a bot once, it took me almost 30 minutes to kill him with this trick.

In other words it's just eye candy.

It basically works by you throwing your saber, dodging it as it flies back to you, holding the primary attack key down, and hoping it falls into orbit.
Xzzy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-22-2002, 09:35 PM   #5
SDF h36hYp3r21

people actually use it as a shield? LOL well i enjoy pulling the move just for fun and to impress people when they are like "WTF your cheating!" LOL

Art: actually it does some damage, i dont have the exact count for it but it does dmg somehow not too much though, i once pulled it off in a middle of a barrage of people in ffa and out of pure luck hahaha it killed the main spammer in the game

zero: yep thats how to do the move, it takes a little timing though keep practicing and once you get the hang of it you can leave your sabre and itll come alive *not really* but it stays there on its own,...
SDF h36hYp3r21 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-23-2002, 05:48 AM   #6
qibbish

?? How is this move done?
qibbish is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-23-2002, 07:08 AM   #7
Bluezman

Question

Do you need a special level of saber throw for it?
I'd also like to do it for "eye candy" purposes or to show off a bit but I don't want to put too many points into stupid saber throw (level 2 max)
Bluezman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-23-2002, 07:21 AM   #8
shmacdonald's

hehe poor guys, they still dont get it

use the secondary attack key to throw the saber about 10 feet from you (GAME feet, dont hold the button down until you can barely see the saber )

then when you're about to catch the saber quickly tap back, then right, then forward, then left. it should take you less than 2 seconds to finish that sequence. just keep on doing tapping back-right-forward-left to keep that saber going around you. very cool eye candy, and really easy to do.

i have a question about this attack too, but i'll start a new thread for it.

oh, and no you dont need a certain level to do this trick. i think it consumes force power but it does so very slowly and even when you're down to your last bar of force you can still do it.
shmacdonald's is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Help Center > Strategy Shack > saber spin shield