lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: lightsabre combos?
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-22-2002, 04:36 PM   #1
JC999
 
JC999's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 9
lightsabre combos?

To all experts-

Could you please list some specific button/swing patterns for lightsabre combos in medium attack style (or whichever style you prefer)? I can't seem to string any together, although admitedly, I'm pretty new.

Is there any particular combo strategy to employ, or are they best acheived by holding down attack and strafing/moving fowards and backwards?

Thanks very much!
JC999 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-22-2002, 06:38 PM   #2
Xzzy
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 403
> please list some specific button/swing patterns for
> lightsabre combos in medium attack

There really aren't that many, and even of the ones that are there are of dubious usefulness. For the most part the "secret" to chaining attacks is to alter your movement at the start of an attack.

Meaning, you press strafe left, press and hold attack, then press right, and the next attack will chain into whatever the strafe right attack would be.

It seems as if every combination of movement keys has something bound to it. I don't normally use them though because I prefer to be defenseless as little as possible.

One I do know works is pressing backwards and either left or right, it can trigger a very slow spin move that's borrowed (I believe) from the red stance. Range is quite poor however but it is visually impressive.

> or are they best acheived by holding down
> attack and strafing/moving fowards and
> backwards?

That's the best way to trigger combos, but not the best way to stay alive.

The best duelists will be the ones who stay defensive (ie, don't attack) until they know an opening will be available, then time their swing to make use of it. Whether or not the attack does damage or not, he then breaks the attack, goes back to being defensive, and attempts to lure the opponent into making another defense hole.

Holding down the attack button does make you dangerous to get close to (which I suppose is a form of defense), but it makes you immensely vulnerable to incoming attacks and will likely get you killed.

In other words the folks that relentlessly spam blue stance are crappy duelists, relying on luck instead of skill.
Xzzy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-22-2002, 07:06 PM   #3
Chuahtemoc
 
Chuahtemoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: I am a domesticated cow
Posts: 234


Alright.

Body Thrust
Crouch+Forward+Secondary Attack
This should cause you to lunge out ande "Force Push" your lightsaber away and back.

Incoming
Right+Up+Jump+Attack
This allows you to strafe-Flip to the right and slash downwards at the same time.

Mono e Mono
(Strong Style Only)
Forward+Forward+Crouch+Attack
When pressed quickly, this combo will allow you to rocket forward and spear your opponent with a near-unblockable blow.

Pattern
Left+Forward+Right+Forward+Attack
When used repetetively, this combo will allow you to weave through your opponent's attempts to block your saber. Medium or Fast Style Recommended.

Rollstrafe
While running, hit Crouch+Right (OR Left) +Attack
You should run into your opponent with a rolling-strafe (A diagonal roll) and swipe at their legs at the same time.

Forward Backflip
While running forward, press Forward+Back+Forward+Jump+Attack
If executed correctly, you will backflip over your opponent in style, but forward. You should hit him ooverhead while flipping, and upon landing, press one of the strafe buttons and attack while facing away from your opponent and you should land, spin, and swipe.



YORIMOTO says SUMiSUMi!!!


"When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation." - Thomas Jefferson

"It is vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, peace, peace; but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! The next gale that sweeps from the north will bring to our ears the clash of resounding arms! Our brethren are already in the field! Why stand we here idle? What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery?

Forbid it, Almighty God -- I know not what course others may take; but as for me -- give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry


3x50p 11.21.03
Chuahtemoc is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-23-2002, 10:42 AM   #4
ArtifeX
 
ArtifeX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 946
Quote:
Originally posted by Chuahtemoc


Alright.

Body Thrust
Crouch+Forward+Secondary Attack
This should cause you to lunge out ande "Force Push" your lightsaber away and back.

Incoming
Right+Up+Jump+Attack
This allows you to strafe-Flip to the right and slash downwards at the same time.

Mono e Mono
(Strong Style Only)
Forward+Forward+Crouch+Attack
When pressed quickly, this combo will allow you to rocket forward and spear your opponent with a near-unblockable blow.

Pattern
Left+Forward+Right+Forward+Attack
When used repetetively, this combo will allow you to weave through your opponent's attempts to block your saber. Medium or Fast Style Recommended.

Rollstrafe
While running, hit Crouch+Right (OR Left) +Attack
You should run into your opponent with a rolling-strafe (A diagonal roll) and swipe at their legs at the same time.

Forward Backflip
While running forward, press Forward+Back+Forward+Jump+Attack
If executed correctly, you will backflip over your opponent in style, but forward. You should hit him ooverhead while flipping, and upon landing, press one of the strafe buttons and attack while facing away from your opponent and you should land, spin, and swipe.

Ah, hate to break this to you but some of those are a bit off and others are just plain wrong.

"Body Thrust" -- all you're doing is crouching and throwing your saber. Why crouch? That's not a combo, either.

"Incoming" -- that's the Medium Finisher. It's not done the way you describe, either. It's (enemy close in front) Forward+Jump+Attack.

"Mano e Mano" -- What you're attempting to describe here is the Light Lunge. It's simply Crouch, Forward+Attack. It's not a combo, either.

"Pattern" -- That actually is a combo, but it doesn't affect your opponent's ability to block in any way, nor does it have any advantages over any other combo.

"Rollstrafe" -- Um, you can't attack until you finish a roll. This won't do anything but roll around.

"Forward Backflip" -- The Backflip forward attack is done like this: Back+Jump, Forward+attack. Pressing one of the strafe keys and attacking after you land will not make you spin around. What you're trying to do is the Medium/Strong backsweep. That's done by: (enemy close behind) Back+Attack.


Artifex *ASC*
ArtifeX is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-23-2002, 11:10 AM   #5
Xzzy
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 403
i was gonna say, I tried getting the timing right for that rollstrafe for like five minutes on a devmap and couldn't do anthing except roll around. :p
Xzzy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-23-2002, 01:56 PM   #6
JC999
 
JC999's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 9
Thumbs up thanks!

I really appreciate the replies-hopefully this little lamb will grow some horns one day!

JC
JC999 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-23-2002, 02:03 PM   #7
JC999
 
JC999's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 9
question for Artifex

Hey Artifex-

You seem to be the resident expert here, and you are from Atlanta, where the playas play. Aside from the left-foward-right-foward + attack combo, are there any others you wouldn't mind sharing/do you know of a linked site with combos listed? I wouldn't want to steal any secrets or anything, but my skills need a major upgrade.

Thanks, man,

JC
JC999 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-23-2002, 02:14 PM   #8
ArtifeX
 
ArtifeX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 946
Re: question for Artifex

Quote:
Originally posted by JC999
Hey Artifex-

You seem to be the resident expert here, and you are from Atlanta, where the playas play. Aside from the left-foward-right-foward + attack combo, are there any others you wouldn't mind sharing/do you know of a linked site with combos listed? I wouldn't want to steal any secrets or anything, but my skills need a major upgrade.

Thanks, man,

JC
Yeah, mine. But not just yet--I'm still working on it. Keep an eye on my site for its release:

http://www.oculis.org/asc/


Artifex *ASC*
ArtifeX is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-23-2002, 11:46 PM   #9
lukeboy
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally posted by Chuahtemoc


Alright.

Body Thrust
Crouch+Forward+Secondary Attack
This should cause you to lunge out ande "Force Push" your lightsaber away and back.

Incoming
Right+Up+Jump+Attack
This allows you to strafe-Flip to the right and slash downwards at the same time.

Mono e Mono
(Strong Style Only)
Forward+Forward+Crouch+Attack
When pressed quickly, this combo will allow you to rocket forward and spear your opponent with a near-unblockable blow.

Pattern
Left+Forward+Right+Forward+Attack
When used repetetively, this combo will allow you to weave through your opponent's attempts to block your saber. Medium or Fast Style Recommended.

Rollstrafe
While running, hit Crouch+Right (OR Left) +Attack
You should run into your opponent with a rolling-strafe (A diagonal roll) and swipe at their legs at the same time.

Forward Backflip
While running forward, press Forward+Back+Forward+Jump+Attack
If executed correctly, you will backflip over your opponent in style, but forward. You should hit him ooverhead while flipping, and upon landing, press one of the strafe buttons and attack while facing away from your opponent and you should land, spin, and swipe.

wait a minute..is that a joke?
i think Artifex wasn't serious about that
am i right? artifex?
lukeboy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-24-2002, 12:06 AM   #10
GuardianOfLight
 
GuardianOfLight's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 13
hey ArtifeX, i would like to play u some day. my sn is *-([JM])-* Guardian. i would like some training from u
GuardianOfLight is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Help Center > Strategy Shack > lightsabre combos?

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:43 AM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.