lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Episode II doesn't make Jedi weak. Rather, other Jedi strong
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-26-2002, 12:37 AM   #1
ValorXII

Episode II doesn't make Jedi weak. Rather, other Jedi strong

I like Episode II alot. Especially the arena scene. In this scene we are shown that not all Jedi are gods who can't be killed.

This doesn't make them weak however, there are something like 10 droids to every 1 Jedi.

I like the scene because it shows that Yoda's line of Jedi (Dooku, Obi, Qui-Gon, Ani) and a few others are the strongest of the Jedi, it emphasises their power compared to other Jedi.
ValorXII is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-26-2002, 09:02 AM   #2
ValorXII

Agree, disagree?
Old 05-26-2002, 12:20 PM   #3
Ferox

i never really thought of jedi as invincible.. if you have 50 laser shots coming at you i dont think you will move fast enough to block those hehe. and a laser shot hurts a jedi just as much as a storm trooper. maybe even more because of no armor.
Ferox is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-26-2002, 03:28 PM   #4
MotionMan
George Lucas Jr.

Quote:
Originally posted by Ferox
a laser shot hurts a jedi just as much as a storm trooper. maybe even more because of no armor.
Well Vader absorbs Han Solo's blaster shot into his hand then the pulls his gun from him. Thats was awsome

P.E.A.C.E-Possitive Energy Always Corrects Errors
When it comes to absolute canon, the real story of Star Wars, you must turn to the films themselves - and only the films.-StarWars.com
MotionMan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-27-2002, 01:34 AM   #5
Rex_450

from what i know, Nothing in star wars is immortal
Rex_450 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-27-2002, 02:36 AM   #6
ValorXII

When I say gods I am not being literal. But that they are not all powerfull.
Old 05-27-2002, 02:56 PM   #7
te necabo

Vader can absorb the shot to his hand because his hand is made of metal and all sorts of robotics as seen in Return of the Jedi when luke cuts it off. So you could say he has his own "armor"
te necabo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-27-2002, 03:05 PM   #8
seanMO

The force that they talk about in the movies is just life force that every living thing has on some level. The life force in a jedi as it should be called just enhances a beings abilities to super levels. Its the Midachlorians that make jedi special. They act as a focuser and intensifier of the already present life force. Much like a magnifying glass will focus light to make it more powerful.
The force itself gives evrything life and animates every being, but in the jedi its greater.
seanMO is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars > Prequel Trilogy > Episode II doesn't make Jedi weak. Rather, other Jedi strong