lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Auto Taunt Question
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-28-2002, 11:19 PM   #1
Dagzilla

Question Auto Taunt Question

How would one bind a taunt where it shows something like "You have the force with you (Players Name)!!"

Players name being the person that killed you.
and have this come up when they dispatch you.

-=DAGZILLA=-
Dagzilla is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-29-2002, 12:25 AM   #2
Bl4de

I have no idea that you could put in a players name, maybe they type fast? I know I've seen it where someone will send a message if you swing and don't hit them, every single time you miss..it's wierd.
Bl4de is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-29-2002, 12:38 AM   #3
Aegis

bind x say "you have the force with you"

Make sure to add the ". There is no way to make it to say the players name though

It is a bad day for the Jedi Mind Trick...
Aegis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-29-2002, 12:52 AM   #4
G0G0GadgetForce

I think your asking if there is a "variable" that allows a message to automatically taunt your killer. I think there was one in Q3 but I'm not sure. I do know that there is a command for telltarget when youcrosshairs are on them it will send a message to just them. Otherwise you must ust the say command.
G0G0GadgetForce is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-30-2002, 02:57 AM   #5
Methuselah

dudes, there are ways to do it.. there are about 4 message modes in the Q3 engine.. one being the ordinary "speak to everyone" mode, the other one which only speaks to ur teammates, and the other 2, to ur attacker, or the one you just killed. try experimenting with these commands.

messagemode1 - ordinary chat
messagemode2 - team chat
messagemode3 - either attacker or victim
messagemode4 - either attacker or victim

just bind them to a key and hit them to type something.. i'm not sure which is which in messagemode3 and 4, so you gotta try it out.. =P as for having a variable that automatically adds the name of the player, i think there is too.. it was existent in Quake 2 if i'm not wrong.. it's %something.. gonna try to figure that out.. =P

"If it moves, shoot it. If it doesn't move, shoot it anyway cos it might move later. If it still doesn't move, shoot it till it moves."
Methuselah is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-30-2002, 02:59 AM   #6
Aylnon

Have a look in the Bot codes. I believe under the taunts section it shows a line of code for that.
Aylnon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > Auto Taunt Question