lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: At one with the force
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-30-2001, 08:09 AM   #1
Boba Fat

Red face At one with the force

As I sit here listening to music with hardly a care in the world I think I am close to being one with the force. But can one be one with the force (not really cause the force is not real in this universe) I think you have to have complete silence and be thoughtless (that is not thinking at all) and sadly I have never been thoughtless. Ever scince I was born I have been thinking. I have insomnia because of this and find it very difficult to sleep with so many thoughts in my head I usually have to drug myself with cold medicine that makes you drowsy to get to sleep. What are you thoughts at being one with the force?
Whew the longest message Ive ever posted!
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-30-2001, 08:33 AM   #2
Boba Rhett

Smile

I do believe that there is a "force" in this universe. It can be felt, it can guide you and it definately has it's own presense.

It's impossible to actually stop thinking. Even if your laying there, Your probably thinking about 20 things without even realizing it. Your also probably thinking about not thinking. How else could you realize you weren't thinking?

I to suffer from a nasty case of Insomnia. It get so bad sometimes I've gone for day without sleep and I regualrly read 2 or 3 complete books a night.

If your that bored you can talk to me on aim if you have it. rhett_peterson@hotmail.com

btw,
Man, I got back from Missouri a little while ago and have been posting everywere like crazy. I've probably posted 50 things just tonight and not just little post either, ones like this.

[ July 30, 2001: Message edited by: Boba Rhett ]
Old 07-30-2001, 08:44 AM   #3
Boba Fat

Wink

If you suffer from insomnia try reading the dictionary cover to cover several times it should put you to sleep or increase your vocabulary but try to drift off. I fthat doesn't work just try watching Jaques Qastou or whatever the fish guy that has a droning voice. Or talk to your Mum about how to wash stains out of your clothes. She'll probably bore you to sleep.
Old 07-30-2001, 11:22 AM   #4
darth terrat

Wink

Or go watch a OPERA!!
Old 07-30-2001, 01:16 PM   #5
Hannibal

Insomnia is no joke . He can talk to his mom all night and the only thing that will happen is she'll lose sleep too. Unfortunately nothing is gonna bore him to sleep. Short of taking sleeping pills.
Old 07-30-2001, 02:24 PM   #6
BeastMaster
Dragon in Residence

I too believe in what you might call the Force, but then I'm an animist and we're wierd (even cults think we're nuts ).

The way I sleep is to meditate.

Close your eyes and focus on a single point of light, like the flame of a candle. Feel yourself drawn to it, your consciousness condensing into a single point in psi-space.

It's not about whether or not you can stop thinking, it's about focussing your thoughts along a single thread.

If you believe in psi, try spreading your consciousness out. It's kind of like an out-of-body-experience, but undirectional (you have no "avatar" as you would normally).

Focus on each individual sound you can hear and trace it back to its source. Do the same for each individual sensation you feel; every scent, every touch.

Try to feel the world from outside your body.

"The Beasts know much that we do not." -Ancient Jedi proverb
BeastMaster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-30-2001, 03:26 PM   #7
pandemonium

I've always had trouble 'drifting to dreamworld... perhaps this exciting strategy will help...

"I see." Said the blind Sith, as he picked up his saber and saw
pandemonium is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-31-2001, 05:00 AM   #8
Boba Fat

Wink

Well I'll try it tonight but I dont know about the focusing on a flame part I might leave it burning and my house might burn down! but if it works I must then get a fireproof cloth and rest it on that. Last night I didn't get to even close to sleeping until about 3 am and I went to bed at 9 pm cause I was so tired cause of the night before but thanks for the help. If my house burns down I guess ill be an Insomniac and a Arsonist!
Old 07-31-2001, 12:21 PM   #9
darth terrat

meditate and concentrate on the astral
Old 08-04-2001, 03:21 PM   #10
MadPoster

Quote:
Try to feel the world from outside your body.
I tried that, and she had me arrested!

Needing a new sig idea to get rid of:
MadPoster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-08-2001, 11:30 AM   #11
andy_nighthawk

wow it's really cool to see a thread like this.......I have always thought there was a force in THIS universe and since I've seen the films and read the books, I've tried to follow the jedi and there philosiphy. While we may never have lightsabres or be able to force push some school bully out of the nearest window, if we follow one of the biggest Jedi beleives, that the strength comes from within a person, then we're just as strong as they are

sorry about that little outburst...i'm done now

"Always in motion, the futures is." Yoda, ESB.
andy_nighthawk is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars Classic Gaming > 1. The HuB > The Cantina! > At one with the force