lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Trek VS. Wars
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-19-2001, 11:24 AM   #121
cenca

If I said ST, my best friend would kill me! With or without a lightsabre. lol I'll say SW.
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-19-2001, 10:21 PM   #122
wizzywig

Never understood this need fans on both sides have to pit one against the other.

--da wiz
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-08-2002, 04:09 PM   #123
jedi3112

Star Wars all the way, I don't think any st starship has shields stronger than the shielded planet of Alderaan wich was blown up by a single superlaser blast from the Deathstar. furthermore those 1 weapon armed st ships don't stand a change against the thousands of turbolaserbatteries of the SW Star Destroyers (or any other capital ships like the fed's driodcontrol ship and those MC Cruisers) furthermore SW has a much bigger army and if we run out of troops we just build some more Superbattledroids or clone some more Clone-Troopers. And off course we can always send in some Jedi in st they don't have any knowledge of the force so they won't know what hit them. They will most likely try to fire on the Jedi with vasers but our Jedi will bounce them back with their lightsabers so in fact st will kill itself. BTW nobody has metioned yet that protorps can penetrate the shields of a ship, that is why they used protorps to blow up the first Deathstar. To destroy those trekkie ships we can also send in Jedi Starfighters. but it will most likely be our against the st polyester guys (or was that gays) and are produced at a significant faster rate than those gays
jedi3112 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-08-2002, 09:50 PM   #124
obi
LFN Staff Emeritus

Current Game: Game of life, yo
WOA!! THIS WAS LIKE HISTORY!!

I THOUGHT THIS ARGUEMENT WAS OVER A LONG TIME AGO!!!!!

*Blows dust off of topic*

Why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye?-Matthew 7:3-5
Living Water Revival

Me on Myspace

obi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-08-2002, 11:14 PM   #125
Darth_Rommel
argh

Quote:
Originally posted by obi-wan13
WOA!! THIS WAS LIKE HISTORY!!

I THOUGHT THIS ARGUEMENT WAS OVER A LONG TIME AGO!!!!!

*Blows dust off of topic*

TRAITOR!

j/k... i don't care much anymore...

#9[/size]
Darth_Rommel is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-09-2002, 12:41 PM   #126
BeastMaster
Dragon in Residence

Cool Guy

I never did really, but I'll respond to the troll anyway:

Quote:
Originally posted by jedi3112
Star Wars all the way, I don't think any st starship has shields stronger than the shielded planet of Alderaan wich was blown up by a single superlaser blast from the Deathstar.
Uh, Alderaan wasn't shielded.

The only planet I know of that has full defelector shield coverage is Coruscant.

Quote:
furthermore those 1 weapon armed st ships don't stand a change against the thousands of turbolaserbatteries of the SW Star Destroyers (or any other capital ships like the fed's driodcontrol ship and those MC Cruisers)
Most Federation ships carry multiple phaser emitters, photon torpedoes, and quantum torpedoes.

SDs (and even SSDs) don't have "thousands" of batteries; they have at most a few hundred, which are placed to cover a wide area, meaning that they can't all point at the same target.

Also, Trek shields are "harder" than GFFA shield tech (ships can fly through SW shields, but they can only ricochet off shields in ST).

Quote:
furthermore SW has a much bigger army and if we run out of troops we just build some more Superbattledroids or clone some more Clone-Troopers.
"Bigger" and "better" are two different things. I'd put my legions of genetically engineered Jem'Hadar up against your clonetroopers any day.

Quote:
And off course we can always send in some Jedi in st they don't have any knowledge of the force so they won't know what hit them.
Why would Jedi attack Starfleet? They both stand for the same ideals of peace and cooperation.

Quote:
They will most likely try to fire on the Jedi with vasers but our Jedi will bounce them back with their lightsabers so in fact st will kill itself.
Don't know if lightsabers can deflect phaser/disruptor fire; the beams are completely different from blaster bolts.

Quote:
BTW nobody has metioned yet that protorps can penetrate the shields of a ship, that is why they used protorps to blow up the first Deathstar.
Again, Trek shields aren't SW shields; Trek shields are effectively both "particle" and "ray" shields, where most ships in the GFFA only use ray shields.

Quote:
To destroy those trekkie ships we can also send in Jedi Starfighters.
Most ST ships have computer-assisted precision targeting, while most of the snubfighters I've seen rely on the "point-and-shoot" strategy (and the ones that do use targeting computers aren't terribly accurate).

Quote:
but it will most likely be our against the st polyester guys (or was that gays) and are produced at a significant faster rate than those gays
Again, quality versus quantity. I'd rather have four years of Academy training under my belt than four years of accellerated neuro-programming.

"The Beasts know much that we do not." -Ancient Jedi proverb
BeastMaster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-09-2002, 01:43 PM   #127
jedi3112

If you didn't notice on EPII the clones are geneticly manipulated AND they come from Jango Fett Boba's daddy so they do know how to use their weapons for the best effect. Furthermore the Alderaan Shield isn't the same shield as on Coruscant but more like the shield form Hoth in EPV, but the shield doesn't matterfact is that the Deathstar can destroy any planet with a single blow and those vasers can not (saw them drilling with vasers in the tv show once, almost tried to kill myself by activating my lightsaber in the wrong direction, but my VCR remote control was closer and I had SW in the VCR so I just watched SW and I wasn't depressed anymore). I haven't figured out why the SW blasters use gas AND energy (the colored light, otherwise we wouln't see them now would we) but if you increase the energy enough in a real laser (can cut through metal) you would be able to cut through anything eventually, so the only reason I can think of why they also use gas is that with that gas you get the same effect using less energy. But since they do use energy and the Jedi can deflect them it would be logic if Jedi also can deflect the purely energyweapons of st. Furthermore st vasers are only called vasers because they are more powerfull than lasers wich is only archived by increasing the energy the thigh uses, now in SW they probably didn't change the name while they increaded the energy, so you can only tell whether they are more powerfull by looking at the thighs they can destroy so Deathstar CAN destroy a planet while the fedships can not. BTW i've read that the Deathstar is also armed with 15000 turbolasers and the DeathstarII with 20000 so they do have thousands of turbolasers. I don't really know what you mean by particle shields but if it means that nothing you can touch can get through SW does have particle shields, remember the Battle of Endor in EPVI Lando Calrissian couldn't enter the Deathstar in the first run because he knew Han hadn't disabled the shield yet. He aborted the attack because else the would crash onto the shield meaning thet the shield can stop ships since Lando flew the Falcon in there once the shield was down, so there goes your the can fly through shields, you don't see this much because SW shields are directly on the ship while in st they are away from the ship. With your thing about handgun quality you are probably right about the fact that handvasers are more deadly that SW handguns because SW handguns only blast holes in a body an st makes the body dissapair, but I still don't think they can blow up an AT-AT and SW guns get the job (kill) done, wich is what matters. SW also has more types of handguns, while st has pistols and rifles SW has pistols, rifles and repeaters (wich are some sort of machine guns) to represent the most important handguns. I also haven't seen any grenades on st while in SW they use thermal detonators (EPVI where Leia comes to Jabba with Chewie, she holds a thermal detonator, and V where Luke opens the AT-AT with his lightsaber and throws one in) . I also haven't seen any ship using more than 1 gun at the same time. Haven't seen it here but sometimes they compare SW torps to st torps but that's wrong to do because SW torps are starfighter/starbomber weapons, used for precise attacks on valuable ship parts (shieldgenerator and that sort of stuff) while st torps are carried by the big ships and used to destroy the entire ship, just like the big vasers, where SW big ones only use turbolasers and the Deathstar uses its Superlaser, comparing the torps with each other is therfor like comparing a modern machinegun with a modern cruiser, they are used for different things.

Last edited by jedi3112; 06-09-2002 at 02:39 PM.
jedi3112 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-09-2002, 04:47 PM   #128
obi
LFN Staff Emeritus

I dont know why we are still arguing this, but let me throw some gas on the flame.

Star Trek Ships are made with new, good technology, while in Star wars, It was from a long time ago, which means piece of junk.

But as i said, i enjoy both trek and wars.

Why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye?-Matthew 7:3-5
Living Water Revival

Me on Myspace

Old 06-09-2002, 05:12 PM   #129
Pedro The Hutt
Jedi Knight

I sure would have hoped that they'd let this topic rest in peace.
Pedro The Hutt is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-09-2002, 05:14 PM   #130
obi
LFN Staff Emeritus

Quote:
Originally posted by Pedro The Hutt
I sure would have hoped that they'd let this topic rest in peace.

*throws flower in open grave*

Living Water Revival

Me on Myspace

Old 06-09-2002, 08:05 PM   #131
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

10 year veteran! LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally posted by obi-wan13
I dont know why we are still arguing this, but let me throw some gas on the flame.

Star Trek Ships are made with new, good technology, while in Star wars, It was from a long time ago, which means piece of junk.

But as i said, i enjoy both trek and wars.
Huh? That's a very strange argument...

None of you seem to know much about Star Wars technology...even you, Beastmaster. Star Wars ships do indeed have ray and particle shielding. And if you want to see top of the line missiles, watch Episode II. Snubfighters, like all Rebel craft, had really pathetic and ancient targeting computers and torpedoes. Imperial things shown in the films were minimalist. If you want to see top-of-the-line technology, I'll be happy to point out Slave One to you. (And I'd assume Jedi could deflect or absorb phasers, since they can suck up lightning.)

That said, neither ST nor SW have incredible focus on realism. There's many, many things in ST which are pure bull and/or technobabble. And SW isn't perfect either. Since when can you hear sound in space?

And why on earth would there be a combined effort between the Jedi, the Empire, and the New Republic to destroy the Federation ANYWAY?????

Redwing is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars Classic Gaming > 1. The HuB > The Cantina! > Trek VS. Wars