lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Did anyone else find this odd in ESB?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-07-2001, 02:04 PM   #1
Darth_Lando

Question Did anyone else find this odd in ESB?

Something has always bothered me about a scene in Empire Strikes Back yet I never realized what it was until last night....

In ESB, C3-P0 was wandering around Cloud City and he went inside a room and someone said, "Who are you?" then shot him.

When C3-P0 was put back together he said "Oh No! Stormtroopers! I have a been shot!"

Did anyone else think that the voice that asked "Who are you" sounded nothing like a storm trooper? Even if the storm trooper had his helmet off the voice still sounded strange.

"Dark Jedi don't waste their force revive on fallen n00b Jedi." -anonomus

http://www.geocities.com/everythinglando/
Darth_Lando is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-07-2001, 02:14 PM   #2
ESE_Sithlord

All I know is that its the best Star Wars Movie yet... and yes I did notice that line and the change and stuff.

"I am the most powerful Sith and I will destroy you!"
ESE_Sithlord is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-07-2001, 06:42 PM   #3
Garindan

i think the person who said 'who are you' was an aughnaught (i didn't spell that right on purpose, btw) perhaps the 'stormtroopers i must tell the others' is from past experience?
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-07-2001, 07:59 PM   #4
MadPoster

And maybe the little midget pig people where having a costume party, and 3PO only thought he saw stormtroopers, and his wiring was damaged when he was shot.

Needing a new sig idea to get rid of:
MadPoster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-07-2001, 09:22 PM   #5
Gabrobot

HA! HAHAHAHA!

Ugnaghts AREN'T just innocent little people are they! They should have been enemys in Jedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith!

And yes I have wondered the same thing too, perhaps there was a stormtrooper with the Ugnaught, or maybe it wasn't a Ugnaught at all but a Trandoshan. In either case there was probably a stormtrooper there.

*Stormtrooper commander in front of his troop of stormtroopers walks up to general*

Commander: "We have succesfully defeated those two wookie armies."

*An Ewok starts throwing pebbles*

Stormtroopers: "AAAAAHHHHHGGGGG!"
Gabrobot is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-07-2001, 10:53 PM   #6
BeastMaster
Dragon in Residence

Think of Jedi Knight. How often do you see stormtroopers alone?

3P0 might have seen a stormtrooper & an imperial officer.

Also, remember that the Vader and his men were there at Lando's sufferance (or so Lando thought). What Threep may have walked in on was a confrontation between stormtroopers and the ubiquitous Wing Guards.

The Guards see stormies as big-time "suits" lording it over the locals (like on TV, when FBI agents butt into a local sheriff's jurisdiction thinking they own the place).

The stormy, possibly to provoke the guardsman into doing something rash, raised his blaster and shot the droid.

A subtle reminder: "I have the power here. One word from me and Lord Vader will crush you and your precious jurisdiction into rubble. You can do nothing against me."

You'll note that, when things went to Hell, the Wing Guards all seemed to be standing well away from the white-armoured fire-magnets.

"The Beasts know much that we do not." -Ancient Jedi proverb
BeastMaster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars Classic Gaming > 1. The HuB > The Cantina! > Did anyone else find this odd in ESB?