lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Backstabbed by JK2!!
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-11-2002, 04:47 PM   #41
Cal-Gon Gin

*basks in the love*

Take me away!!!
Cal-Gon Gin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-11-2002, 05:31 PM   #42
Luc Solar
PH34R TEH INSANE JAWA!!!

Oookay. That was a looong post Dark Begger. I won't get into the "1.02 is better than 1.03"-argument, ' cause...well, I just don't feel like it

--------------------------------
"And next, when something else is nerfed, there will be ANOTHER set of complaints Luc."

That is unfortunately correct. (Still, that doesn't mean that 1.03 should be "whine-proof" )

"The way to fix this is not to LIMIT the moves that can be done (ie backstab, DFA). The way to fix this is to ADD to some other aspect of the game to fix it. Thus, MORE variety will be added and it will be LESS boring.
---------------------------------

I totally agree. Don't balance by nerfing - just ADD stuff. This, however, doesn't mean that I want the old buggy DFA (kills players a mile away even though the saber is buried in the ground) back.

There is one solution to all these problems: Find a server with players who share you views on how the game should be played. If they don't manuever to get the bs/sweep off, there is no problem anymore. Simple(?).

But no matter how you look at it, backstab is crappy. It should be modified either by making it much harder to pull off or nerfing the damage. Or blockability. Or it's speed. Or...whatever.

One thing that hardly ever mentioned is the "powerup-problem". Theres waaaaaaaaayyyyyy too much of those. You can barely move 3ft without steeping on a shiel or a medkit. This leads to one-hit-kill-spamming. That's the only way to murder people dead on some maps.

Okay, I gotta go and get my l337 butt kicked in mp now.

Got Honourz? Great.. I hope you choke on it!

I r0xx0r all j00 nooberz that mess with me. You nooberz suXor out of my way or I eat j00....

Most ridiculous Quote of the century: >)O(< ENmiTy: promoting mindless FFA and SD kills promotes disorderly conduct amoung the online community.
Luc Solar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-11-2002, 06:07 PM   #43
Dark Begger

I'm glad you agree.

And when I said just to add stuff...I meant not to nerf...like, obvious bugs (DFA in 1.02, turn radius and in ground 1hit kills) were bugs. If THOSE were only taken out, and not nerfing it (I dont' think turning in the air is that big of a problem, as long as it doesn't 1hit kill in the ground...) then I think 1.02 saber combat would be much better. 1.02 saber combat, less the DFA for some (didn't really bother me...), was excellent. There were DFA whores, but that move did NOT I repeat did NOT own servers. Normal swings were equally as powerful as special moves, and assfighting was impossible because you would be dead if you got close..(which is how it should be). There were a variety of moves that you could have used to win, and although the blue normal swings weren't really used much, it's forward lunge was used quite often, the yellow normal swings were chained to do combos and were devastating. Heavy stance was slow, but it was powerful. No one stance ruled the server. Two did, medium and heavy...as light stood in the shadows most of the time. But that is better than it is now..the 1 move has monopolized the game, when in 1.02 there was no dominating force. Everyone complains about how they WHORE that move and ONLY use that move. I ask them to look back in 1.02, and what move did people whore? DFA..but not as much as backstab..not even near as much. DFA whores did not own the ladders...now backstab whores do (and hwen I say backstab whores..I don't mean assfighters..I mean those who can use it quickly and unexpectedly.)

Anyways...increasing damage will bring a spark of 1.02 back into JK2, which is oddly taking a step forward by taking a step backward.

hehe..I hope I didn't confuse people with the last part there...
Dark Begger is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-11-2002, 08:20 PM   #44
Dark Begger

oh and thank you for not really 'flaming' me...it turned into a better discussion..lol
Old 06-11-2002, 10:33 PM   #45
ryudom

i love backstabbers, i just do a couple of saberthrows before, and a heavy hit after they've swung and they are good as dead.
ryudom is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-12-2002, 04:45 AM   #46
faithless

This reminds me of the n00bs in CS who complained that the AWP should be removed. cuz it kills with one hit...

Guess they all ported over to JK2.

Backward running backstabbers who whine when they die
= AWP players who think they are holding a machine gun in CS who whine when they die.

People who can't even kill backstabbers and whine when they die
= people who can't even kill AWP users and whine when they die.

/me binds mouse1 "+back;+attack"
*why am i running backwards?*

Last edited by faithless; 06-12-2002 at 05:08 AM.
faithless is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-12-2002, 04:57 AM   #47
derekdrygon

If you dont like the 1 hit backstabs go play on a ghoul2 enabled server. With a bit of skill, youll be able to avoid them with no problem.

Hitmann_D
derekdrygon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-12-2002, 01:13 PM   #48
<>Phant0m<>

I agree with dark begger on that 1, the only thing that bothered me in 1.02 was that if u got 2 close 2 a guy who just buried his sabre in the ground u would die.
That was the only problem with the dfa, other than that is was easily avoidable.

Changeing the subject a tad, some times when ive pulled over a guy when he had started the backstab, when he jumps back up and the sabre just touches me i die instantly?
Anyone else experienced that???

Rp.[color=sky blue]Phantom[/color]
Last of the true saberists.

Irc : #clanrp on irc.BarrysWorld.com
<>Phant0m<> is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-12-2002, 01:31 PM   #49
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
I agree with derekdrygon. Having Ghoul2 set to 1 and g_sabertracesaberfirst set to 0 makes the MP game much more fun in my opinion. It makes backstab blockable and makes it harder to block attacks coming from behind you (and in general, which I think was one complaint about 1.03). The few servers I've played on with this have been much more fun. Just my opinion though.
Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-12-2002, 01:32 PM   #50
Dark Begger

WD is coming along great with their mod, and I'm waiting to see their final product.
Old 06-12-2002, 01:37 PM   #51
Cal-Gon Gin

anybody out there have a ghoul2 filter for GS3D?

Take me away!!!
Cal-Gon Gin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > Backstabbed by JK2!!