lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: World Cup
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-18-2002, 11:02 PM   #41
Deadmeat_X

Turkey won *sob*

Corea won!!! Yeah! Corea all the way! The best is... the coach is from Holland! So we don't suck as bad as everyone though ey?

Congratulations, you just survived another sig!
Deadmeat_X is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-18-2002, 11:33 PM   #42
Droidekas

They paid the referees, it's pretty evident if you saw the game. Korea has been pushed while all the strong teams in it's path have been bogged down by the judges in a way or the other. Italy got the worst beating though. It's kind of sick and sad.
Droidekas is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-19-2002, 12:03 AM   #43
COJ
Here comes the money

god dam, all the small teams are moving...poor Italy
COJ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-19-2002, 01:10 AM   #44
Feral
Old fart

Current Game: FM2007. Perpetually.
Oh, yeah, it's all a conspiracy...

And why do you hate the "small" teams? It makes the tournament much more interesting.
Feral is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-19-2002, 04:07 AM   #45
COJ
Here comes the money

i like them, its just weird...
Old 06-19-2002, 04:41 AM   #46
Al-back from the BigWhoop
Last update: 2 years ago

DAGNABBIT!
italy and japan r out

now i think it will b
TURKEY 1x3 SENEGAL
KOREA 2x1 SPAIN

ps- if brazil goes through england, gets turkey at the semi finals, then korea in the finals, brazil will have played only with teams in red shirts! i know yall dont care, but i find this rather interesting.

I WISH HTML WAS ALLOWED, SO I COULD HAVE RANDOM SIGS AGAIN

Click here to see the original sig pic.

Quote:
"i may disagree with every word you say, but I'll defend to my death your right to say it"

add me on MSN: budzisz___so_pra_vc_esquecer@hotmail.com
or ICQ: 77935012

Al-back from the BigWhoop is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-21-2002, 06:07 PM   #47
Joshi
Registered Amuser

Location: Wherever the wind takes me... or failing that the nearest cinema.
LFN Staff Member 
england are out. brazil killed us (almost). well, i'd just like to say that if we're going to get kicked out of the world cup, i rather have it donr by a good team than some crappy team (mentioning no names) so i'm not too angry. so who was it that said brazil were doing pretty badly this year? sorry had to ask.

BTW, you guys remember jack don't u, well he's in spain and doesn't get much time on the internet and so asked me just to say hi to u all, so hi from jack.

Joshi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-21-2002, 06:27 PM   #48
Drunken_Sailor

Excellent goal by Ronaldinho!
Drunken_Sailor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-21-2002, 10:47 PM   #49
Feral
Old fart

Yeah, whoever said Brzil are doing badly should be banned...

Old 06-22-2002, 12:15 AM   #50
Acrylic

Im cheering for Germany. Man, they kick ass.

Acrylic is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2002, 12:20 AM   #51
Natty
Red Blooded B*tch

10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
*gasps* oh no I just noticed that England lost to Brazil and America lost to Germany or someone- this is terrible because...? *blank look*

Natty is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2002, 12:28 AM   #52
Acrylic

Well, no offense, but I really wanted Germany to win. They are my fave team, then Croatia, then USA, then Brazil, then, then....I dunno

Acrylic is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2002, 12:38 AM   #53
COJ
Here comes the money

Usa lost?? haha nice

I hope Korea goes far, they deserve it
Old 06-22-2002, 02:12 AM   #54

"OUVIRAM DO IPIRANGA ÀS MÁRGENS PLÁCIDAS
DE UM POVO HERÓICO BRADO RETUMBANTE
E O SOL DA LIBERDADE EM RAIOS FÚLGIDOS
BRILHOU NO CÉU DA PÁTRIA NESSE INSTANTE
SE O PENHOR DESSA IGUALDADE
CONSEGUIMOS CONQUISTAR DE BRAÇO FORTE
EM TEU SEIO, Ó LIBERDADE
DESAFIA O NOSSO PEITO A PRÓPRIA MORTE
O PÁTRIA AMADA IDOLATRADA
SALVE SALVE
BRASIL UM SOLHO INTENSO UM RAIO VÍVIDO
DE AMOR E DE ESPERANÇA A TERRA DESCE
SE EM TEU FORMOSO CÉU RISONHO E LÍMPIDO
A IMAGEM DO CRUZEIRO RESPLANDESCE
GIGANTE PELA PRÓPRIA NATUREZA
ÉS BELO, ÉS FORTE IMPÁVIDO COLOSSO
E O TEU FUTURO ESPELHA ESSA GRANDEZA
TERRA ADORADA, ENTRE OUTRAS MIL
ÉS TU BRASIL, Ó PÁTRIA AMADA
DOS FILHOS DESTE SOLO ÉS MÃE GENTIL
PÁTRIA AMADA, BRASIL!!!!!!"

YEAH! BRAZIL WON!!! i woke today 3o clock in the morning to watch that game, but must ppl ddnt even sleep.
that was one of the most awsome games in the WC, i must say! No crappy referees, no Ricardo Teixeira, just a simple fair and awsome game. too bad Ronaldinho Gaúcho got that red card, he had done such a beatiful goal.
Did u guys see englands goal? As I said, Lúcio was englands 12th man, he gave Owen the easiest goal in his carrear. im pretty sure u all laughed when u saw Lúcio doing... erm... wot he did, but after he helped Owen, he started to get afraid of the ball, and passed it quickly always, exactly wot all 190 million brazilians were telling him to do since the beggining of the WC. for that matter i say that was Lúcio's best game.

PS- i think italy and mexico paid to that ****ty game (Italy x Mexico, when it came 1-1, both teams stopped playing football, and started sleeping): they had to go home earlier.
That came reminded me of Switzerland and Germany some WCs ago, when they arranged the game b4 to Switzerland win 1-0 against germany so them both would classifie instead of germany and nigeria (by that time, nigeria was the first african team in the world cup). Or in 78, when the Argentinian dictator, not wanting to be overthrowned, paid the Paraguaian team to lose 5-0 against argetina, so they would win the cup and the argentinians would get much calmer. I HATE WHEN THAT HAPPENS!

Quote:
Originally posted by Griswold
Usa lost?? haha nice
I hope Korea goes far, they deserve it
I liked japan better than korea...

OBS- SORRY BOUT THIS LONG POST, ITS JUST THAT IM TOO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
"i may disagree with every word you say, but I'll defend to my death your right to say it"

Last edited by Al-back from the BigWhoop; 06-22-2002 at 02:23 AM.
Old 06-22-2002, 04:49 AM   #55
Feral
Old fart

Best game of the torunament? What are you on? Didn't you see ENgland-Argentina, Turkey-Brazil, or Ireland-Spain?

Old 06-22-2002, 05:33 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally posted by The Feral Chicken
Best game of the torunament? What are you on? Didn't you see ENgland-Argentina, Turkey-Brazil, or Ireland-Spain?
well, i ddnt say it was THE best game, i said one of the best games.
btw, turkey-brasil wasnt taht good, neither was ireland-spain (it was a aprehensive game because both teams were playing badly, not well, like an awsome game)
france-denmark was nice... so was portugal-corea, argentina-england, spain-paraguai (actually i liked that game just because Chillaver did an awfull game and took 2 easily catchable goals. PS-I HATE CHILLAVER, he is snob, a prick, AND an old wanna-be-good thinks-he's-god goalkeeper)

Quote:

Old 06-22-2002, 05:48 AM   #57
WyldStyle

It's a shame ENGLAND went out today.
Ok we didnt play that well,but that prick Rivaldo should take up acting full time after the performances he has done in this tournament.

I admit the team seemed to give up in the second half,even though the samba boys were down to 10 men(maybe we should have dived more too!)but all in all it was a good result for svens men.
WyldStyle is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2002, 05:57 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally posted by WyldStyle
It's a shame ENGLAND went out today.
Ok we didnt play that well,but that prick Rivaldo should take up acting full time after the performances he has done in this tournament.
hahahaha LOL!

Quote:
Originally posted by WyldStyle
admit the team seemed to give up in the second half,even though the samba boys were down to 10 men(maybe we should have dived more too!)but all in all it was a good result for svens men.
looks like our samba boys scared the shvit out of your englishmen even with one down

Quote:

Old 06-22-2002, 07:16 AM   #59
Droidekas

Quote:
Originally posted by Al-back from the BigWhoop
[BPS- i think italy and mexico paid to that ****ty game (Italy x Mexico, when it came 1-1, both teams stopped playing football, and started sleeping): they had to go home earlier.
That came reminded me of Switzerland and Germany some WCs ago, when they arranged the game b4 to Switzerland win 1-0 against germany so them both would classifie instead of germany and nigeria (by that time, nigeria was the first african team in the world cup). Or in 78, when the Argentinian dictator, not wanting to be overthrowned, paid the Paraguaian team to lose 5-0 against argetina, so they would win the cup and the argentinians would get much calmer. I HATE WHEN THAT HAPPENS![/B]
I think you don't know what you are talking about. Both Italy and Mexico where qualified because croatia lost against ecuador! It didn't matter if either one or the other won! Go look at www.fifa.com,. And if Croatia would have won against ecuador, then both teams had to win to move to 1/8ths! What you are saying doesn't make sense and shows your ignorance in football. And it has nothing to do with the 78 scandal in anycase!
Old 06-22-2002, 11:13 PM   #60

first of all, **** you
second of all: all i said is that mexico and italy played a ****ty game, if u didnt see it, shut the fuçk up!
thrid: if croatia had won scoring less than 3 goals, only ITALY would have to win to go through. if u dont understand **** about WCs, shut the fûck up!
fourth: i didnt say it had anything to do with the 78 scandle, i said it reminded me of the scandle. if u r illiterate, shut the **** up!
fifth: WTF is this sudden attack on me? ignorant on football?! u dont even know me! and i bet u dont even know how many base rules football have

Quote:

Old 06-23-2002, 06:40 AM   #61
Drunken_Sailor

Senegal are out!I don't think Turkey deserved to win!
And Spain were unlucky, that's all I can say.
Old 06-23-2002, 06:55 PM   #62
Droidekas

Quote:
Originally posted by The Feral Chicken
Oh, yeah, it's all a conspiracy...
Hahaha, Even the Fifa Admits huge errors that will be investigated! Portugal, Italy and Spain thrown out of the WC because of the judges! Newspaper titles all over theworld! Corea is still going thanks to the referees!

AL-BACK explain to me then the point of your post!?!? And you don't know me either so don't doubt my knowledge àsshòle.

The final, it has been decided months ago! Brasil against Corea of course. We will se if they can steal another one against Germany!

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
- Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)
Old 06-23-2002, 07:14 PM   #63
Natty
Red Blooded B*tch

10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
I've never heard of the countries Brasil and Coria

Natty is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-23-2002, 08:32 PM   #64
Feral
Old fart

Oh, shut up. That's as ridiculous as saying England paid the Russian linesman in 66. When they say "errors that will be investigated", they mean refereeing errors. Headlines? What headlines? Have you been smoking something? ARE YOU A POTHEAD, DROIDEKAS?

Someone ban this chump.

Old 06-23-2002, 10:09 PM   #65
Droidekas

You make me laugh Feral, I think you are an Idiot. And I can't be banned for saying what I think, never heard of freedom of speech? 1st amendment? Ignorant. And I think I have been even polite considering the amount of names I have received.

You evidently don't read sport news, maybe I exagerated stating headlines. But the way the WC has been going HAS been a cause of concern almost from the start for sport journalists worldwide. Errors made that would cause shock even in kindergarten clubs! Even Blatter said some relatively "strong" stuff (and he is FIFA president, in case you don't know). Now, you can go back and live in your happy little world, but in case you didn't realize yet, corruption exists all over everything! So explain to me the reasons why it can't be present in a multi billion dollars event like the WC????????????????? (and it happened in the past) I think this is the worst WC ever, and that there are some suspicious facts that have occured. And I have seen court cases opened for less than what has happened. But don't worry I will leave this forum, and let you live in your perfect world. I have said what I think, we will see how it develops. (I could even be wrong! But the fact that you don't even consider the options, is just so sad).

FOr the other brasilian dude. I think Brasil played like ****, especialy against Turkey. I loved that penalty!

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
- Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)
Old 06-24-2002, 07:24 PM   #66
Drunken_Sailor

Quote:
Originally posted by Al-back from the BigWhoop

interesting info - In this world cup, Brazil has only played against teams with red shirts: Turkey, China, Costa Rica, Belgium, and now England!

England played in white shirts.....
Old 06-24-2002, 09:20 PM   #67
Feral
Old fart

The team wanted to play in red, but Sven didn't want Brazil to be playing in yellow.

Old 06-25-2002, 12:41 AM   #68

Droidekas, u have said so much **** that i dont know where to start.

FIRST OF ALL, LEMME GET THIS CLEAR: THE POINT OF ALL MY POSTS IS TO CHAT. IF U DONT LIKE THAT, SIT ON THE FLOOR AND START CRYING.

Quote:
And you don't know me either so don't doubt my knowledge àsshòle.

[rubbing in face]see how nice it is when our knowlegde is put on doubt [/]
PS- u replyied exactly how i hoped u would. Thanx for making my comebacks easier
PPS- u dont have to write hóle, hole is not a banned word.

im not gonna say it FIFA didnt decided BrazilxKorea in the final, but i am gonna question your sources.

trust me, btw, u HAVENT been polite. lemme remind u that u were the first person to start calling others IGNORANT, and for taht u have my vote to b banned. i hope other ppl agree with me and feral, [sarcastic]but being banned wont b a prob to u will it? i mean, we r all ignorant[/]

and finally, i must remind u to read carefull wot ppl write, cause u ddnt get ONE right. i said i liked the game Brasil x England, not Brazil X Turkey. dont commit those errors again, it annoys me.

drunken - yeah, but they do play in red... damn drunken, i was so happy, do u have to throw reality in my face
btw- spain was not unlucky, they were stolen.

feral - funny, we were told in Brasil that england didnt want to play in red... some1 is lying, and i hope its not Brazil

Quote:

Old 06-25-2002, 05:12 AM   #69
Feral
Old fart

No, you misunderstand. "Sven" refers to Sven Goran Eriksson, England's manager. The England players wanted to play in red. If England had played in red, Brazil would have played in yellow. Sven didn't want Brazil to play in yellow, so he decided we should play in white so you'd have to play in blue.

Old 06-25-2002, 05:19 AM   #70
COJ
Here comes the money

does it really matter whats the color of jersey?
Old 06-25-2002, 10:30 PM   #71

oh, yeah.
sorry, i should read ur post more carefully... nah
anyways, y ddnt he want us to play in yellow?

Quote:

Old 06-25-2002, 11:19 PM   #72
Feral
Old fart

I don't think he wanted you in your usual kit in case it gave you an advantage.

Old 06-26-2002, 01:15 AM   #73
Drunken_Sailor

He usually thinks on everything! Between,Germany in the final! They didn't play that well....but Korea made several mistakes!
Old 06-26-2002, 02:30 AM   #74
Fender
See Me, Feel Me...

it's been over 55 years, but I still bear a grudge against Germany.... Brazil, you go out there and kick some ass!

Listening to you, I get the music
Gazing at You, I get the heat
Following you, I climb the mountain
I get excitement at your feet

Right behind you, I see the millions
On you, I see the glory
From you, I get opinions
From you, I get the story

[From the Who's album, TOMMY]
Fender is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-26-2002, 03:02 AM   #75

brazil and germany are the teams with most WC in the bag, but they have never played against each other in a WC match.

(well, since brazil is not playing against some1 who has a red shirt, i gotta find a new tabu )

Quote:

Old 06-26-2002, 11:43 PM   #76
Drunken_Sailor

Well Al....your team is in the final!
Old 06-27-2002, 01:01 AM   #77

yeah, i saw the game.
we ddnt play that well, but i think we r gonna go like crazy mf at the finals... but weve gotta do something about that defense: no1 jumps for air balls, germany's strong point!

Quote:

Old 07-01-2002, 01:41 AM   #78

"THE DAY REPLAYED-
Over the course of a passion-filled month, 32 nations from every corner of the globe were painfully and tearfully whittled to two towering giants, two fierce contenders. And in just 90 dramatic minutes in Yokohama, Japan, a legend was forged, and an age-old tale told, as ‘Pentacampeäo’ Brazil and Ronaldo, with his velvet feet and Golden Shoe, danced off a new continent with the sun on their faces and stars in their eyes.
And as he remembered lying, crying on an operating table with blood pouring from his knee, Ronaldo fought with valour for the vindication and rebirth only a bouncing ball and a Final can offer. “My biggest victory is that I can play again,” Ronaldo told honoured guest and orthopedist Gerard Saillant in Yokohama.

And play he did, though it seemed France 98 déjà vu all over again as he missed three golden opportunities in the first 45 minutes in a ghostly reminder of football’s crueler face. Brazil poured forward in homage of their fanciful, rhythmic forbearers. But after flouting chance after chance, German efficiency and cold realism looked to be lurking with intent.

Lev Yashin Award winner, ‘keeper and captain Oliver Kahn shined like a true legend, a statue carved from the roughest stone as he put the Mannschaft on his broad shoulders one last time.

But as the woodwork played a crucial role, the cruelest of all twists and the brightest bits of lady luck’s spoils rained down on the night. As Rivaldo rifled a shot in on Kahn, the finest, seemingly infallible goalkeeper in all the land, spilled the ball right to the feet of the previously luckless Ronaldo. And in a moment, the snake-bitten striker was born again after years of pain and self-doubt…and perhaps a legend too.

The now-lordly “Phenomenon” struck again as Rivaldo dummied brilliantly leaving a simple strike for the finally blessed Brazilian Samba king to grab his twelfth finals goal and a place among the pantheon of football’s true greats.

And with the historic victory only one star shined in the land of the rising sun as Germany kneeled to a healed Ronaldo in tears as Pele was in ’58, carried off the field shoulder-high by Cafu and his legendary team mates. With the landmark win, Brazil become the only nation to have lifted the symbol of pure victory on every continent where she traveled.

Giants never die, and myths live forever. In a tournament of upsets, flux and profound change, the mythical Brazilians danced into history yet again."

Quote:

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Monkey Island Discussion > Random Fun > Ye Olde Harbour > World Cup