lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Help with switches in MP
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-24-2002, 05:03 PM   #1
F1yingF1sh

Help with switches in MP

I made a single door, switch and my trigger thats infront of the switch. I have the trigger_multiple targeted at the door.
The problem is that when I go infront of the button the door opens without me pressing the use key and if I stay in the trigger box the door keeps opening and closing. heres the properties I have for my brushes:

Door:
angle -2
classname func_door
soundset large_door
speed 50
targetname t12

trigger_multiple: (USE_BUTTON)
(can't find a check box for FACING)
angle 90
classname trigger_multiple
spawnflags 1
target t12
wait 2

please help me
thanks
F1yingF1sh is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-24-2002, 11:25 PM   #2
giganerd

Your first problem is that you are using a trigger_multiple for a button when you should be using a func_button. If you are using GTKRadiant I suggest you consult your Q3Rad Manual for more specifics. However, if you wish to continue to use the trigger_multiple you will probably need to increase the delay of the trigger becuase I believe the value is in milliseconds. Again, consult your manual for more details, and if you have any more q's just come back here and ask them, that's what this community is for.

Don't you hate pants?
giganerd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-26-2002, 05:01 AM   #3
MDL_Sas

Exclamation LoL

Quote:
Your first problem is that you are using a trigger_multiple for a button when you should be using a func_button.
Actually he doesn't state that its a button he just refers to it as a switch.. anyways if he does mean button.. there is another solution that I have found that works quite well with func_button's

trigger_multiple (Use button checked off)
angle 90
use_button button1
target button1

func_button (if you haven't added a button just draw one in..)
angle 90
targetname button1
target door1
wait 10
MDL_Sas is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-26-2002, 10:06 AM   #4
RichDiesal
Pointfile of DOOM

That configuration would work perfectly in SP, but not in MP, for the simple reason that it's stupid to have a switch-activated door in MP.

It's a matter of gameflow... I mean, when you're playing, do you really want to stop playing and run over to hit a switch? I myself don't even HAVE a use key mapped in MP. It's just silly.

There are three things that I paricularly hate: kids, animals, and women with attitudes.

http://richdiesal.jedioutcastmaps.com - Map Showcase and Tutorials!
RichDiesal is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-27-2002, 05:06 PM   #5
MDL_Sas

reason for that setup

I was making a security door for a clan council room and for me worked perfectly to hide the switch for people wanting to be able to use the viewing rooms to watch people fight without worrying about getting raped from some out of control saberer
MDL_Sas is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-01-2002, 02:04 AM   #6
F1yingF1sh

Thanks for replying. I the problem was that you can't select FACING and PLAYER_USE in the MP config. To fix this I changed my map to SP and selected PLAYER_USE and FACING then changed it back to MP. The reason I have a switch door is for a jail cell for my Vana City.
F1yingF1sh is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Editing Central > JO Mapping > Help with switches in MP