lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Saved Game, Zanzi**.sav files - please help
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-12-2000, 11:07 PM   #1
picard34

Saved Game, Zanzi**.sav files - please help

I had to rebuild my PC recently and I un-installed Episode 1. I had 4 saved games which were not deleted when I uninstalled the actual game. The entire PC hard drive was erased and reformatted. I reloaded the games I have and tried to put the saved game files (Zanzi01.sav etc.) back into the saved games folder. I have helped out my brother with some tougher levels by trading these files and have had no problems in the past. Now since the rebuild it will not recognize any past *.sav files. Anyone have any ideas?
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-16-2000, 07:01 PM   #2
Zanzibar

Try this...try opening TPM, starting the first level, and saving off several bogus games with different names. Those save files will be created with zanzi00 etc. etc. THEN try copying over those save files with the ones you already have. I bet that will solve it.

TPM, I believe, has a file stored somewhere that includes the save file names, and I bet you can't load a save game unless that file name list includes the save game filename in question. (I don't think I could be any less clear, do you? Let me know if this doesn't make sense.)

[This message has been edited by Zanzibar (edited May 16, 2000).]
Zanzibar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars Classic Gaming > 2. Star Wars Gaming > Episode I: The Phantom Menace > Saved Game, Zanzi**.sav files - please help