lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Lighting
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-03-2002, 01:11 AM   #1
neeleyman

Lighting

How do I create a beam of light? I want to be able to have the light coming from the source and shine onto an object.... but, I want to be able to *see* the light going from the source to the object. Is that possible?

nm
neeleyman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-03-2002, 02:03 AM   #2
MDL_Sas

Thumbs up try this

try targeting the light to a target_null the target null pointing to where you want the light to shine.. and add a radius to the light entity = to area that you want lit
MDL_Sas is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-03-2002, 02:40 AM   #3
neeleyman

I may be doing something wrong.... "target_null"? I was wondering if you meant "info_null"? I've tried that, and although it does center the light around the object, it doesn't quite have the effect I was looking for.

I seem to remember Q3 (I know it's not exactly the same) having some sort of light effect that you could actually see the lights coming from the source, not just seeing the target area lit up.
Thanks for the reply! I should probably settle for good enough on this one.

nm
neeleyman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-05-2002, 03:45 AM   #4
Fart_Vader

are you having any luck with your map stuff neeleyman?

"They have taken the bridge...and the second hall................we have barred the gates...but cannot hold them for long..............the ground shakes.....drums.....drums.... in the deep.........we cannot get out..........the SHADOW moves in the dark............we cannot get out.................THEY ARE COMING"
Fart_Vader is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-06-2002, 10:47 PM   #5
Karshaddii

it is an info_null--and that will make a spotlight--but you will NOT see a beam of light.

You will have to create a beam.shader or get one from a texture site like wadfather.

OR--you could play around with the beam.efx in the Assets0.pk3 folder--they look pretty tight.

Today isn't your lucky day....tommorrow isn't looking good either...
Karshaddii is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-07-2002, 03:41 AM   #6
MDL_Sas

kar have you tried this?

My buddy made a map with a strobbing spot light coming from a window.. with a 1 grid thick layer of fog around a brush of a beam texture.. anyways It makes a really sweet look to his windows on his map.. i'll try to post a screen so you can see it as well
MDL_Sas is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Editing Central > JO Mapping > Lighting