lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Problems with my floor
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-11-2002, 12:22 AM   #1
pologuy19

Exclamation Problems with my floor

I've been working on a new map of mine and have had some serious problems with only 1 thing...My floor seems to not hold my weight up. When I load my map I fall through and land on my skybox floor. I see the texture of the floor but just can't seem to stand on it. Ive tried deleting the floor and remaking a new one but no go. Anyone else have a problem like this and was able to fix it? Or maybe just have an answer for me?
pologuy19 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-12-2002, 12:09 AM   #2
monsoontide
Multiple Arm Attack!

Your floor is too thin Try making it thicker (At grid size 4 at least 4 units thick). (Also try a different texture on it).

Also Texturing the base of the skybox with caulk instead of a sky shader (Or any other texture) will sometimes result in this problem as well.

If neither of the above works, try adding a brush with the 'clip' texture added to it.

Hope this helps.

Monsoontide
monsoontide is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-12-2002, 09:08 PM   #3
Shadriss

Also, you may want to be sure that your floor wasn't made using caulk/nonsolid as it's base. If you did, you'd fall through, like water or fog. You need the standard caulk texture to hold you up.

Shadriss is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-13-2002, 05:33 AM   #4
Gohan_Trunksss

Also a good note is if this is happening when u spawn make sure your info_player_start isnt in the floor, in the tutorial that i read it said make sure its above ground a little bit or your player can fall threw.
Gohan_Trunksss is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Editing Central > JO Mapping > Problems with my floor