lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: To all you admins out there...
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-15-2002, 06:47 PM   #1
ShockV1.89
Gen Mo'Kai

To all you admins out there...

Tell me, would you ban a player for attacking someone with a sabre down when it isnt stated anywher ein the server?

I'll give you the scenario. I assumed an alias, and hopped into a clan-owned server. I noted that the server did not once say that sabre off=peace. I then found the nearest clan member with their sabre off, and DFAed him. About 30 seconds later, I was banned. No warning, nothing.

This doesnt really seem right to me. If you have a rule that you want followed, post that rule! Have it pop up when the server starts, or pop up every 5 minutes! Warn the offending player once or twice! Dont just ban him. For all you know, that player had no idea whatsoever about any sort of sabre-code. He could be totally new to the game. If it doesnt say "Sabreoff=peace" he's not gonna know, and he's gonna treat it like any other deathmatch game.

The clan was =NCX=.

ShockV1.89
ShockV1.89 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-15-2002, 07:01 PM   #2
RpTheHotrod
LFN Staff Emeritus

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
It's one of those global "understood rules"...but it's wrong to ban someone without a warning like that first.

Current in-game name is #include
RpTheHotrod is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-15-2002, 11:14 PM   #3
Psionic Jedi

I would ask the server first; but then if someone DFAs me while I'm chatting with saber off then I'll know the server's "rules" regarding saber off

Without fear, there is no courage
Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make them all yourself.
This would be really funny if it weren't happening to me.
In the land of California, in the heat of San Jose the dark haired PSIONIC JEDI forged in secret a master computer to control all others and into this computer he poured his money, his computer parts and many screws
One computer to rule them all. One computer to find the foes
One computer to bring them all to hell and in the darkness conquer
In the online gaming world where the envying ones lie.
-Original dito119
Psionic Jedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-17-2002, 12:36 AM   #4
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
Thumbs down

The host admin has the right to do whatever he wants while running his server.

BUT... I'd say he'd be an a$$ if he did something like you just described. Post a warning, a note, something... don't just ban.
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-17-2002, 02:19 AM   #5
Luc Solar
PH34R TEH INSANE JAWA!!!

Is it just me or do tagged people often seem kinda lame? And if there are more than one of them, it gets *much* worse.

Whenever I kill someone with a tag >>> "damn n00b"

He kills me, I say: Gf! >>> " Mwahaha Owned Ur ass n00b U have no skills!"

I kill him again >>> "damn bug"

And again >>> "damn lag damn comp damn n00b spamming heavy (yes, this one is for you Kurgan ) and medium and blue and throw and kick and lunge and..."

Once more >>> "get some skillz faggot!"

I hack him down to near death-state >>> he uses the "kill-command" and commits suicide just before I have time to finish him off.

>>> starts a vote to kick me

>>> vote failed

>>> vote failed

>>> tagged player leaves the server.

If this imaginary server would have been ran by the clan, I'd be kicked & banned of course.

It seems that killing someone with a tag is like spitting in their face while saying something bad about their mommy....that's how they react anyway.

(A lot of the coolest people online wear tags, though...so I'm not saying that they are *all* acting like this, but...)

Got Honourz? Great.. I hope you choke on it!

I r0xx0r all j00 nooberz that mess with me. You nooberz suXor out of my way or I eat j00....

Most ridiculous Quote of the century: >)O(< ENmiTy: promoting mindless FFA and SD kills promotes disorderly conduct amoung the online community.
Luc Solar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-17-2002, 11:58 AM   #6
Kstar__2
chaos

Quote:
Originally posted by Luc Solar
Is it just me or do tagged people often seem kinda lame? And if there are more than one of them, it gets *much* worse.

Whenever I kill someone with a tag >>> "damn n00b"

He kills me, I say: Gf! >>> " Mwahaha Owned Ur ass n00b U have no skills!"

I kill him again >>> "damn bug"

And again >>> "damn lag damn comp damn n00b spamming heavy (yes, this one is for you Kurgan ) and medium and blue and throw and kick and lunge and..."

Once more >>> "get some skillz faggot!"

I hack him down to near death-state >>> he uses the "kill-command" and commits suicide just before I have time to finish him off.

>>> vote failed

>>> vote failed

>>> tagged player leaves the server.

If this imaginary server would have been ran by the clan, I'd be kicked & banned of course.

It seems that killing someone with a tag is like spitting in their face while saying something bad about their mommy....that's how they react anyway.

(A lot of the coolest people online wear tags, though...so I'm not saying that they are *all* acting like this, but...)

ROTFLMHO

+[size=0.5]http://kstar.deviantart.com[/size]
Kstar__2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-19-2002, 12:30 PM   #7
Jah Warrior
part time waster

Thumbs up

may be something to do with the 'fact' that most tagged players are children. Just my thoughts... hehe but yeah i do notice the same thing.

The only reason we wear a tag on our server is not because we are a clan, we aren't. its just so you know who plays regularly there, and you know they wont cheap shot you.

Also the tag we have is H-P, so if anyone asks HP? during a duel I say Hermes Place which is the name of the server. end of the day its just a biot of fun for us.

Peace & Ting

Jah
Jah Warrior is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-19-2002, 12:43 PM   #8
Revan Bakr'

It was wrong to ban you, but attacking someone with their saber off is risky anyway. I think you should have been warned, but you shouldn't be DFAing people with their saber off.

--------------------Revan Bakr'
Sithopath

Revan: Sometimes I feel like you don't know me at all. (Lightsaber ignites) (Slices) And now, you never will. HAHAHAHAHA!

"Austin..... I am your father."
"Really?"
"No, not really. I can't back that up."

http://www.boomspeed.com/jakobo48/Al_sig2.jpg [URL]
Revan Bakr' is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-20-2002, 12:28 AM   #9
ShockV1.89
Gen Mo'Kai

Quote:
Originally posted by Revan Bakr'
It was wrong to ban you, but attacking someone with their saber off is risky anyway. I think you should have been warned, but you shouldn't be DFAing people with their saber off.
It was an experiment...

ShockV1.89
Old 08-20-2002, 12:47 AM   #10
Revan Bakr'

Quote:
It was an experiment
lol. I wasn't saying I wouldn't have done the same thing, ^^

--------------------Revan Bakr'
Sithopath

Revan: Sometimes I feel like you don't know me at all. (Lightsaber ignites) (Slices) And now, you never will. HAHAHAHAHA!

"Austin..... I am your father."
"Really?"
"No, not really. I can't back that up."

http://www.boomspeed.com/jakobo48/Al_sig2.jpg [URL]
Revan Bakr' is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-20-2002, 01:26 AM   #11
NerfYoda
Grumpy Old Man

In the end its his server & he can run it how he chooses. All you can really do is make a post to the clan board or lucasforums saying what a dick this guy is. Oh yeah and never visit the server again.

aka DJ Sith of the Jedi Academy
My car is made of Nerf.
NerfYoda is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-20-2002, 07:42 AM   #12
jbone

I run a small FFA server. FFA = free for all = shoot first and ask questions later.

If someone logs onto a FFA-guns server and wanders around with a saber down, I can't help but laugh if they whine about being killed.
jbone is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-20-2002, 11:03 AM   #13
ShockV1.89
Gen Mo'Kai

Heh, on gun servers, you're askin for it.

ShockV1.89
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > To all you admins out there...