lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Two Questions I need answered....
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-11-2000, 05:00 PM   #1
Lord Malice

Two Questions I need answered....

I need a little help. When you go into advanced options to setup your 3-D settings and you start to choose your driver, those of you that have Voodoo cards, does it just say "Primary Display Driver" or does it also list your Voodoo cards. I also would like a little bit of help with Massacre at Abridon, Part 2 (with the dignitaries). Thre Rebels seem to keep coming back and kicking my @$$. I can't stop them. After the attack I can't seem to get enough Cmd. Points to bring down more troops. Please help if you can!

------------------
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the little death that
leads to complete obliteration. I must face my fear. I must let my fear pass over me and through me. And when my fear is gone, I will turn and look back into it's path, and only I will remain. In this very breath we take now, lies the secret that all teachers try to tell us.
Fear....fear is our ally." -Lord Malice

you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-20-2000, 03:11 AM   #2
Amozarte

In reference to your voodoo card- I have one too, but I'm playing right now, so I'll check it later. But i have a question for you- do you notice the smoke effect turning choppy, or blocky during game play?

Abridon- I survived the rebs with artillery, AT-AA, and walkers. I placed about 4-5 AT-AA's around to stop air waves and several artilleries back by the base to stay back from the fighting. Then place some walkers (as many as you can find cmd pts for up to 4) toward the front. When the rebs come, use the chin guns to knock out the big guns like tanks, and let the artillery worry about the transports and troops. A few AT-PTs couldnt hurt, but they get wasted easily by the attack tanks and such. Hope this helps.
Old 05-20-2000, 08:50 AM   #3
taxretrurn

I also have a Voodoo card, but I only have the one installed and it just says 'primary display driver'. And yes, there is a graphics glitch with 3dfx graphics cards which turns certain battlefield effects and some of the writing into blocks. 3dfx recommend that you revert to older drivers for your card while they and Lucasarts sort out a new update for the game. The Voodoo cards are so widespread that you would have thought that the game developers would have bothered to test the game with it. Similar 'glitches' occurred with the Infernal Machine and Rogue Squadron. It may be a case of them rushing to meet the deadline and deciding to sort out these problems later, which is really unacceptable. I mean, by the time the new update comes out, many people will have finished the game anyway.

------------------
"Life. Don't talk to me about life." (Marvin the paranoid android).
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars Classic Gaming > 2. Star Wars Gaming > Star Wars RTS Central > Two Questions I need answered....