lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Manny's Scythe: Does he always unfold it?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-24-2002, 09:06 AM   #1
Black Dahlia

Question Manny's Scythe: Does he always unfold it?

Please bear with me if this is a stupid question, but when Manny goes thorugh his pocket, whenever he pulls out the scythe, he unfolds it, even if I just want him to put it away.
I am now at a stage in the game, where I have to hose some little nasties with the fire extinguisher, but it is impossible, because when I go through the contents of his pockets, it takes too long, because Manny insists on unfolding the scythe.
I would appreciate any advice on this, as it has put me off playing what has been a tremendously enjoyable game so far.
I apologise for the length of the post.

Thanks, BD
Black Dahlia is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-24-2002, 02:52 PM   #2
Isis Kaldara

Location: Everywhere you are. I know you think I'm a mirage. Well, I'm not! BOO!
Don't worry about it. Before you throw any of the bones, press "I" to go to inventory and get the close up shots of the items. The first one "Always pressed 1" is always your scythe. Count after that to what number the bones and extinguisher are. Usually, the extinguisher is 2 and the bones are 3. Press 3, throw the bone, immediately press 2 to get the extinguisher and when the little beaver starts to roar, press "Enter". That should about do it.

That Neko Punk Gurl you keep seeing everywhere? Yeah, that's me! BOO!

"If my arms weren't wrapped up in this stupid white coat, I'd come over there and kick your arse!"
Isis Kaldara is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-29-2002, 05:36 AM   #3
Tall Guy
Est. 1985

Re: Manny's Scythe: Does he always unfold it?

Quote:
Originally posted by Black Dahlia
Please bear with me if this is a stupid question....I apologise for the length of the post.

Thanks, BD
This aint one of those forums where people flame you for asking a question! relax...Have a bud...

Tall Guy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-29-2002, 07:56 AM   #4
GendoTheGreat
What a crock

There is a simple solution to your problem - you must esacpe! Unless it's part of a scripted sequence, you can simply hit the "Esc" key to bypass the "opening/closing the scythe" animation. Viola! You better believe it's a trick I use a lot.

Jolly good.
GendoTheGreat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-29-2002, 01:38 PM   #5
Sanspoof

Script Sequences are always a laugh if you change em with Scumm Rev. I changed Chowchilla Charlie into a banana before!
Sanspoof is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Grim Fandango Discussion > General Forums > Glottis' Garage > Manny's Scythe: Does he always unfold it?