lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: Dark Forces Mod - Saber Or guns.
Saber For Me. I Just Love My Saber. 4 40.00%
Guns For Me. Just Like Playing With Guns. 2 20.00%
Both For Me. Saber And Guns Are The Best. 4 40.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Dark Forces Mod Comes Out In 2003. Will You Play Saber Or guns
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-28-2002, 04:58 PM   #1
JEDI OUTCAST

Dark Forces Mod Comes Out In 2003. Will You Play Saber Or guns

seen as dark forces mod is back on track. how many of you are going to cheat to get the saber. or play saber and guns.

becuase i know i will. what about you.

JEDI OUTCAST

JEDI OUTCAST is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-28-2002, 06:43 PM   #2
Ben_Walker
Smartass

Saber's for me, nothing like slicing stormies six ways to sunday on a nice romatic evening. What have I been sniffing?

Remember the breeze across your face
Remember the swaying sleeves in the wind
Remember the grains of sand beneath your feet
between your toes
Remember the freedom in the never ending waves

Remember I'll be at the beach.

Jedi Academy - Renaissance
Ben_Walker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-28-2002, 09:45 PM   #3
Old_Ben

I 've played Dark Forces so many times with guns that I'll probably use the saber a couple times to see what the game would be like fighting the stormtroopers with it. But I definatley want to use all the old guns I miss from the old game.

So what I told you was true, from a certain point of view.
Old_Ben is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-28-2002, 10:11 PM   #4
Rad Blackrose
Banned

Please oh please oh please disable the Lightsaber for Dark Forces. Keep the game as it was when it was released those signifigant years ago.
Rad Blackrose is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-28-2002, 10:31 PM   #5
Old_Ben

Why disable the saber? I still have my original game from when it was first released and I have played it many times with guns. And the guns in DF are better than JK or JK2, but it would be very fun to go through the game with the lightsaber. If you don't want the saber you don't have to use it but I would love to see what it'll be like going through the game with it.

So what I told you was true, from a certain point of view.
Old_Ben is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-28-2002, 10:36 PM   #6
Koldsabercut

I think sabers would be kinda nice in DF but I would probably stick with guns. One in particular: the Dark Trooper gun! That like so kicks butt! It's so funny to see the stormies fly 20 feet back from one blast from that baby!
Koldsabercut is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-28-2002, 11:22 PM   #7
Guardian Omega

Guns first, saber after!

Sue, it's the American way!- I forgot.
Guardian Omega is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-29-2002, 06:40 AM   #8
The_One
The Dude Abides

Just to make it clear: the lightsabre will not be available in the mod - as it is not faithful to the original game and messes up continuity, except on two occaisions:

There will be a VERY carefully planned easter-egg in which you get a lightsabre for about 2 minutes, then lose it again. This will be very hard to find though - but it will not mess up continuity and only happens once throughout the entire game.

Since we won't be able to remove it, the lightsabre will be available to cheaters - but it is not actually supported by us and may not work as in JKII eg. we will be re-modelling it and editing it so that it can function as an axe for the Gamorrean. Most likely, we will make a new weapon function for the axe so it does not interfere with the sabre.

Just to put things in perspective though, taking on a Dark Trooper with a lightsabre would not be a wise idea. ie. he would be flying around, so you could not hit him, and last time I checked, sabers couldn't block rockets or rapid fire plasma. Dark Troopers are supposed to be very, very hard - and they certainly will be very hard, and very scary in this game...

Dark Forces: A Mod for Jedi Academy
Webmaster

Maude Lebowski: What do you do for recreation?
The Dude: Oh, the usual. I bowl. Drive around. The occasional acid flashback.
The_One is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-29-2002, 12:54 PM   #9
Guardian Omega

Heheheh, good luck with the dark troopers trying to scare me, they won't! The only SW game that scared me was the MOTS water levels with dianogas......

Sue, it's the American way!- I forgot.
Guardian Omega is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-29-2002, 01:09 PM   #10
Koldsabercut

This is off-topic but where can I get a copy of MOTS? I've been dying to play it since I found out is existed.
Koldsabercut is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-29-2002, 01:16 PM   #11
JEDI OUTCAST

Quote:
Originally posted by Koldsabercut
This is off-topic but where can I get a copy of MOTS? I've been dying to play it since I found out is existed.

I Don't Know If The Is a Web Site That Has A full Downlaod Of All The Levels Of Mysteries Of The Sith.

JEDI OUTCAST

Old 08-29-2002, 01:30 PM   #12
The Count
Banned

Quote:
One word my friend Kazaa
The Count is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-29-2002, 04:20 PM   #13
JEDI OUTCAST

Quote:
Originally posted by The_One
Just to make it clear: the lightsabre will not be available in the mod - as it is not faithful to the original game and messes up continuity, except on two occaisions:

There will be a VERY carefully planned easter-egg in which you get a lightsabre for about 2 minutes, then lose it again. This will be very hard to find though - but it will not mess up continuity and only happens once throughout the entire game.

Since we won't be able to remove it, the lightsabre will be available to cheaters - but it is not actually supported by us and may not work as in JKII eg. we will be re-modelling it and editing it so that it can function as an axe for the Gamorrean. Most likely, we will make a new weapon function for the axe so it does not interfere with the sabre.

Just to put things in perspective though, taking on a Dark Trooper with a lightsabre would not be a wise idea. ie. he would be flying around, so you could not hit him, and last time I checked, sabers couldn't block rockets or rapid fire plasma. Dark Troopers are supposed to be very, very hard - and they certainly will be very hard, and very scary in this game...

I Was Just Going to Say All Of This.

JEDI OUTCAST

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > Dark Forces Mod Comes Out In 2003. Will You Play Saber Or guns