lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: when your good...your a cheater????
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-29-2002, 10:59 PM   #1
Goddess In Allo

when your good...your a cheater????

Why is it...when your good. everyone calls you a cheater. Im not that good at sabers but every time i play and score good i get called a cheater. (You know who you are)
Why is that? are people that petty? Its sad really.

Goddess In Allo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-29-2002, 11:05 PM   #2
zerowingzero

PICS??

Next time do a condump, lol i can make a site deticated to that much like the Lamerkatz one, except dealing with JK2.

For those who don't know, a condump is a txt file with all the console messages, you can do it in game by typeing "/condump whatever.txt" and the whatever will show up in your base folder.

I have never been accused of cheating, maybe because i am playing duels latley and most don't realize duelists cant hear the spectators
zerowingzero is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-01-2002, 03:18 AM   #3
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
Red face

This is nothing new. It's the old "Sore Loser" syndrome that seems to infect certain segments of any gaming community's population.

Don't take it to heart, these are folks who, while admitting to themselves that the possibility of cheating exists, would rather delude themselves into thinking that they lost to somebody because that person was breaking the rules, rather than they themselves were lacking in some area of skill or ping.

These are the folks who give gaming a bad name, sadly. Perhaps they've been scarred for life by cheaters of some manner or another, but that's no excuse to accuse everyone of cheating just because they're tough to beat.

Almost everybody who's been beaten badly is tempted to whine or maybe feels let down. But the thing to do is to suck it up and try to learn from your mistakes and get better. Otherwise you're stuck in a downward spiral of complacency and mediocrity.

My advice? Keep on playing, and ignore those guys. You know you're not cheating, so just avoid them. If they insist on playing you, maybe they'll get beaten so bad they'll just leave and take their whines someplace else.

This didn't start with JK2, it's been around at least as long as games have been around (and sore losers). Take for example the old "I don't want to play anymore (intentionally knocks over board)" excuse when somebody loses at checkers. ; p
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-01-2002, 09:47 PM   #4
Ged

Heh, personally i prefer the old 'Oops seems my computer mysteriously disconnected/crashed/got abducted by aliens .... When it looked like i was gonna lose'' move .

I mean seriously, if you can't lose with some measure of grace & dignity, theres something wrong somewhere.

Cheers....
Ged is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-02-2002, 12:33 AM   #5
Haemon

I don't get accused of cheating but some people get pissed when spam my "lightning is gay" bind. When somebody kills me I just go back and either push them off a ledge or kick dfa them.

Technology doesn't get better, it only gets smaller.

You are so off my buddy list.
Haemon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-02-2002, 08:47 AM   #6
Swingin'Baws

I get called a cheater all the time...

...when I continually post 100+ scores, and the next guy is on 20 or 30.

It doesnt bother me, I just sigh knowningly and say "Thanks For The Compliment Young Child".
Swingin'Baws is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-02-2002, 04:50 PM   #7
Greywolf 6

Dude there will always be people that whine about getting beat and blurt out that ever so infamous phrase... " you're a f***ing cheater."!! It happens to me in every MP game I play, I have just learned to ignore the retards and take it as a compliment.

Are those real?
Greywolf 6 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-03-2002, 06:55 AM   #8
thehomicidalegg

mankind will never change( very slowly perhaps) so don't worry bout insults that will eventually come your way. arguing is just a waste of time and energy.
thehomicidalegg is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-03-2002, 08:16 AM   #9
ShockV1.89
Gen Mo'Kai

Welcome to the internet, where people can insult anyone they want without fear of getting punched in the nose.

ShockV1.89

"Not all one pleads can be granted. But a good hearing soothes the heart." -The Instruction of Ptah-hotep.

"So here I go, it's my shot. Feet fail me not. This may be the only opportunity that I got..." -Eminem
ShockV1.89 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-03-2002, 09:42 AM   #10
Kstar__2
chaos

i never say cheater, when someone can easely beat me, i ask him/her if he/she can teach my how to do that

+[size=0.5]http://kstar.deviantart.com[/size]
Kstar__2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-03-2002, 10:19 AM   #11
FatalStrike

Quote:
Originally posted by ShockV1.89
Welcome to the internet, where people can insult anyone they want without fear of getting punched in the nose.

ShockV1.89
Hee Hee

Well said!!

But I prefer the throat punch followed by a hook to the soft part between the ear and jaw and a knee to the mid section. I fight dirty

Battlefield 1942........
FatalStrike is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-03-2002, 11:36 AM   #12
Hateplow

Location: Getting owned by red style whores somewhere in the galaxy
Scripting

Ive never been called a 'cheater' but I'm called a scripter all the time. After about 2 months of practice I can deliver a wide amount of combos almost flawlessly time after time (but I'm not perfect, of course). After 15min in a JediMod1.2 server I'm usually kicked or banned for scripting. It's such a shame when good players (as most of them are on that server) turn into whiny little girls the second they lose to someone with a little more skill than them.

Hateplow
Hateplow is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-03-2002, 12:22 PM   #13
JEDI PREDATOR

Cool Guy

when i just played the game i always repeated the same text bind AGAIN AND AGAIN

and a guy sayed
ur a bot PREDATOR ???

HAHAHA funny huh

my name in JK ii is predator
JEDI PREDATOR is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > when your good...your a cheater????