lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: This Board is pathetic. Blatent mis use of powers
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-10-2002, 08:43 AM   #1
RFA-Darth Yoda

This Board is pathetic. Blatent mis use of powers

Blatent misuse of Moderator powers, i am most unhappy with the maturity of the moderators, it is not professionally run, Spy_jmr banned Jedi Spy because 1' he cant take someone else on the board with a similar name, 2 hes an immature admin and SHOULD not be a moderator.

He also got matt windu to bann Jedi spy,

i will be emailing your highest authorities regarding this matter of power misuse.

/Ian

*R.F.A* Darth Yoda - Sith Lord, Jedi Spy's Master.
RFA-Darth Yoda is offline   you may:
Old 09-10-2002, 09:30 AM   #2
InsaneiaC

Right now your in charge of two things... jack and shiat.... and jack just left town....
InsaneiaC is offline   you may:
Old 09-10-2002, 09:37 AM   #3
FatalStrike

The Admins get pissed when you make fun of them like Jedi Spy did by saying "why post in the swamp." He must have known that he wold get banned for that.

No pitty from me. Maybe a ban is a bit much, after all it was just a joke. I hope they lift the ban in like a week.

Battlefield 1942........
FatalStrike is offline   you may:
Old 09-10-2002, 09:38 AM   #4
ASk
No purchase necessary!

Excuse me, but since you seem to be rather "new" on these boards, I would like to ask you whether you know the reasons for banning? The whole story? Is your judging of the decision based on the 2-3 posts you saw by that specific user?

Second, moderators are chosen carefully and monitored very closely. An abuse of the power can lead them being demoted and possibly even banned themselves. This is not a job that is given to whomever wants it.

Third, admins/moderators ask their colleagues' opinion before banning a user. It's not done spontaneously.

Fourth, your being here is a priviledge, not a right. By being here you automatically agree to act by the forum rules. Moderators and Admins are in charge of enforcing the rules, and they will do anything to see that they remain unbroken. If you do not like these boards, please leave.

And what I do not understand, is your manner of post. First, it's off-topic. Second, it's coming really close to flaming mattwindu and Spy_JMR. And finally, it's also very close to trolling. If you would really want to know what happened, you could PM the admin in question and explain your point of view. Even then, the admin has the full right of refusing to answer, simply because most reasons for banning are not of the regular users' business, but only of the admins and the users in question.

I certainly hope that you understood my post.
If you are willing to change your attitude, you are welcome on these boards.

Have a nice day

ASk is offline   you may:
Old 09-10-2002, 11:41 AM   #5
acdcfanbill
..the wonders I have seen

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
This is defently not the place to talk about this, and right on ASk. If you have a valid major gripe, maybe you should contact someone in a higher up position. For now, Im closeing this thread.

acdcfanbill is offline   you may:
Old 09-10-2002, 02:58 PM   #6
matt--
Network Un-exploder

LFN Staff Member Notable contributor 
Feel free to email/PM them. But be sure to include the fact that he was warned many times, by another admin and several mods that he was on his way to being banned.

LFNetwork and LucasForums.com
matt at lfnetwork dot com
matt-- is offline   you may:
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > This Board is pathetic. Blatent mis use of powers