lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Still Lag...
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-26-2002, 12:27 PM   #1
00M-187

Still Lag...

I dont get it. I just bought a new Nvidia Geforce 4 ti 128, I have 228 mb ram, 450 mhz cpu and ADSL. I hosted a game with 4 players on the Temple tournament map and it was lag city. No bad pings. I dont get it. I was running at high settings @ 1280 x 1024. Does anyone know why im laggin and what I can do to make it better? Do I need a new CPU? Also im running 2k server (with minimal services running) so its basically 2k pro.

WTF!

-ZONE NAME-
Darth_Ytnom
00M-187 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-26-2002, 01:21 PM   #2
teleguy

Id say its your cpu . More ram wouldn't be a mistake also .
And 1280 x 1024 , no wonder .
teleguy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-26-2002, 03:26 PM   #3
shaolin_blade

450 MHz CPU = Lag, I don't care what video card you have. That is the MINIMUM recommended speed to play JO on.

Also, try lowering your screen resolution to 640X480 or, at the HIGHEST, 800X600 for MP with that processor.

I find your lack of faith disturbing.
shaolin_blade is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-27-2002, 05:28 PM   #4
-=Lord Oz=-

The recommended system requirements for this game I've found to be a bit misleading. A cpu of p3 700mhz or better is what I recommend. I first ran this game on my older machine which was a p2 450 with mmx cartridge processor, 320 mb ram, cable modem and a Voodoo 5 5500 64mb vid card. Now according to the system requirements, I was just above the minimum in some areas. JK2 ran like crap. I had to download the WickedGL software to play it more smoothly and this was on limited settings. Running the game with the specs you laid out on high settings is just asking for trouble. In fact I'm surprised all you got was lag and there were no lock-ups.
-=Lord Oz=- is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > Still Lag...