lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Raven got the Lightsabers Perfect!
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-14-2002, 07:20 AM   #41
Lord_FinnSon

Here is what ChangKhan had to say about Batsaber:
Quote:
In single-player, the lightsaber used to kind of erratically do an inconsistent amount of knockback several builds ago, but that was removed because it didn't seem right. However, I cannot be certain about whether or not the saber does knockback in multiplayer. This is the primary reason I haven't posted a "no, there's no knockback" or "yes, there is" because I'm not certain if there (technically) is or isn't any in multiplayer...

Remember, the Force will be with you... always!
Lord_FinnSon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2002, 07:46 AM   #42
Broode

What would be really funny is if someone took out their magnetic field thingo so they could shoot someone with a saber from across the room.

-Broode-
- I am Oobiedoob Benobi. I have the Silliest name in the Galaxy.
- Whats your middle name?
- Scoobie Doobie.
- Oobiedoob Scoobie Doobie Benobi?
Broode is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2002, 12:06 PM   #43
JediSith999

My saber:
A really really really really really really hot light thing and its surrounded by metal. then the metal hits and its so hot it burns through. They can collide etc.

You think its not possible to be a Jedi Sith? Play me and I'll show you the best of each side of the force.
+ = A Jedi Sith
JediSith999 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2002, 12:19 PM   #44
TUS_Tomcat

Quote:
Originally posted by ChangKhan[RAVEN]
That way you can lengthen and shorten the blade

Can you do this in Jedi Knight 2?

See:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthrea...369#post399369

Founder of the PWSL

Pro White Sabercore League

(non racist organisation!)
TUS_Tomcat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2002, 04:40 PM   #45
bliv

Ok, here is a little more.

For a lightsaber to cut through matter, the light energy of the blade would have to react with the matter it cuts through. Therefore the blade is, as said, a high amount of energy. To cut through matter, the particles of the blade and the particles of the matter must be given enough energy to reach the activated complex. (The point where they begin to react and teh saber cuts through.) The high amounts of energy would allow this to happen. The transfer of energy into the matter the blade cuts, would mean an exothermic reaction. (Heat is being given out by the saber.) This could be a theory for the blast doors in Episode 1 melting when Qui Gonn inserts his saber into it.
bliv is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-06-2002, 07:54 PM   #46
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
Quote:
Originally posted by digl
no!!

would a laser cut through you as the lightsaber would?
Lets find out *shoots him* *Stabs him* did it feel the same?

Vader's wife was very pregnant when she died 19 years ago. All of a sudden a 19 year old who is very strong in the force and has a distinct resembalance to him in his younger days rolls in from Vader's home planet with his old Master Obi-Wan (Who was the ONLY other person preset at the time his wife died. And to boot, the kid's last name is Skywalker.

So in answer to your question, he knew Luke was his son because his name is Darth Vader, and not Darth Retard.

-Forum post on why Vader knew Luke was his son.
jokemaster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-06-2002, 08:46 PM   #47
Spider AL
A well-spoken villain...

Bliv, all well and good, but surely you must agree that conventional scientific knowledge cannot explain the workings of a device that can do the things a lightsabre can do. I mean the thing blocks other energy beams, cuts through blast doors and its beam stops dead a certain distance from the hilt... And yet it doesn't remotely scorch the hand that wields it nor does it burn the face off the person who is extremely close to it. Conventional science balks at such fables.

Truly, trying to impose contemporary physical rules onto a completely imaginary McGuffin like a lightsabre is a futile effort.

[FW] Spider AL
--
Hewwo, meesa Jar-Jar Binks. Yeah. Excusing me, but me needs to go bust meesa head in with dissa claw-hammer, because yousa have stripped away meesa will to living.
Spider AL is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-06-2002, 10:10 PM   #48
Datheus
Whosawhatnow?

Eh.. maybe.. but we're getting very close to fable like scientific descoveries..

A few months ago, some scientists shot a beam of light through a chamber, and the light actually EXITED the chamber before it ever entered the chamber...

Explain that with your scientic laws

Just the other week, scientists created the largest amount of anithydrogen they've ever created, which is the closest thing we have to the theorized anti-matter.

They've been working on anti gravity.. it's a reality, Boeing has projects and research on it going right now...

The world is slowly becoming one big fairy tale

Oh, and also, this guy in Australian invented this gun that shoots something like a million rounds a minute (This isn't an exageration) They called it like a "laser beam of lead"
Datheus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-06-2002, 10:40 PM   #49
Spider AL
A well-spoken villain...

Quote:
Explain that with your scientic laws
Quantum physics, no doubt.

As for your assertion that we may soon discover how to make an object that can do the things lightsabres can do, no-one can say yea or nay. We may do, we may not...

The fact remains however that trying to use CURRENT scientific thinking to theorise about such an object, is pointlessly pre-emptive. One must possess the chicken of knowledge, before one can obtain the egg of a working lightsabre.

[FW] Spider AL
--
Hewwo, meesa Jar-Jar Binks. Yeah. Excusing me, but me needs to go bust meesa head in with dissa claw-hammer, because yousa have stripped away meesa will to living.
Spider AL is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-07-2002, 09:24 AM   #50
The Truthful Liar
In-Transit

LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
jokemaster, please don't go digging for old posts and bringing them back up, especially for just the purpose of spam.

PM'ed and reported.

Cheers

"Whatever action is performed by a great man, common men follow in his footsteps. And whatever standards he sets by exemplary acts, all the world pursues."
The Truthful Liar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-07-2002, 09:47 AM   #51
GonkH8er

10 year veteran! Forum Veteran LFN Staff Member 
nothing wrong with a little thread reviving now and then

GonkH8er-
Ian@lfnetwork.com
JediKnight.net JediKnightII.net
GonkH8er is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-07-2002, 10:02 AM   #52
txa1265
Father Jedi

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally posted by GonkH8er
nothing wrong with a little thread reviving now and then
... especially for the sake of nostalgia ... I remember these threads from before the game came out, all the gnashing of teeth over the batsaber ...

Dopelar effect (n.) The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they come at you rapidly.
txa1265 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-07-2002, 11:08 AM   #53
The Truthful Liar
In-Transit

LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
Perhaps, I do to miss all the discussions about the bat saber and such, however to SPAM on top of it is just inexcusable.

*points to av*

*glomps Gonk* ^________^

*runs back to RSN cage*

"Whatever action is performed by a great man, common men follow in his footsteps. And whatever standards he sets by exemplary acts, all the world pursues."
The Truthful Liar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > Raven got the Lightsabers Perfect!