lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Reasons why the JK2 community is NOT dying
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-02-2002, 08:00 PM   #41
razorace
Impressive, Terran!

A game can't die while still on the Top 20 bestsellers list.

---Jedi Guardian of the Newbie Questions
---Masters of the Force Team Leader / Creator
---Open Jedi Project Lead Moderator / Co-Founder
razorace is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-02-2002, 11:33 PM   #42
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
A game has been out six months, gets great reviews and high sales, ahd has a decent mod community, and you say its dead?

Quote:
Seems to me like a lot of you guys are in denial about it. Heck, Aliens Vs Predator 2 forums are more active than this and that game has been around 6 months longer than JK2.
Yeah, I guess AvP2 is so much more successful, oh wait, AvP2 had a recent expansion pack released. Well when JK2 gets its expansion, then we'll talk about the AvP2 forums. ; )

Incidentally, the Doom community is still thriving.. due in large part to the release of the sources... several years after Doom/2 were totally obsolete technologically. They even re-released the games in stores (probably to hype up Doom3, but still).

If people want to believe the game is dead, fine... move along. Let the rest of us enjoy it while we can. The game isn't dead for the rest of us who are still playing and making mods!
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-03-2002, 12:00 AM   #43
ReIIiK

agreed, I don't even think the AvP II comunity is dead, Primal Hunt isn't bad, but thats OT) JKII:JO is doing just fine, sales for the game have and still are very good. Personaly I think an Xpack is being worked on, maybe even JKIII

"Death before Dishonor"
ReIIiK is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-04-2002, 08:07 AM   #44
Jah Warrior
part time waster

The number of players has certainly dropped off, but I think its just that the kids are back at school now. The hard core of the JK2 community still seems to be going strong and the 'fad' gamers have moved on. I have definitely noticed that there are less kidds playing this game which is never a bad thing LOL

Peace & Ting

Jah
Jah Warrior is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-04-2002, 08:36 AM   #45
Spider AL
A well-spoken villain...

Right on, brotha. Anyone who drinks Stella cannot be wrong.

/me drinks some Stella

[FW] Spider AL
--
Hewwo, meesa Jar-Jar Binks. Yeah. Excusing me, but me needs to go bust meesa head in with dissa claw-hammer, because yousa have stripped away meesa will to living.
Spider AL is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-04-2002, 10:03 AM   #46
Jah Warrior
part time waster

Quote:
Originally posted by Spider AL
Anyone who drinks Stella cannot be wrong.

/me drinks some Stella

LOL good point man!!!!

Peace & Ting

Jah
Jah Warrior is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-06-2002, 07:21 AM   #47
JEDI OUTCAST

why are people saying that jk2 is dying. when it is not if they dont like the game why did they get it.

JEDI OUTCAST

JEDI OUTCAST is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-06-2002, 07:36 PM   #48
Spider AL
A well-spoken villain...

Quote:
Originally posted by JEDI OUTCAST

why are people saying that jk2 is dying. when it is not if they dont like the game why did they get it.
And indeed, why are they here whinging if they don't like it? Why don't they just go away? A very good question mate.

The answer lies- I believe- in understanding the psychology behind their posts. A "JO is dying" whinger may be one of three types of people:
[list=1][*]A person who really enjoys JO but can't get a game very often,[*]A person who played JO for a short time and then got bored,[*]A troll.[/list=1]

I really have a lot of sympathy for the first type, the bloke who can't get a game. There was that fellow from Hawaii, I think his name was Hiteche... Yeah, poor guy couldn't find a game with a decent ping. The best he could do was a 200ms lag affair on the Zone, so I have nothing but sympathy for him and his ilk. But the number of people who genuinely can't find a game is tiny, as there's ALWAYS a server running somewhere, and most people get decent pings on the zone too. JO's far from dead, it's just a shame you guys live in the middle of nowhere and can't get a game.

The second type is more common: A bloke who is now "bored" of JO and just has to tell everyone about how bored they are of JO, how boring JO is because it bores them, etcetera, etcetera. My message to them: We're bored of you. If JO bores you just go the heck away and take your uninteresting tirades on boredom, with you.

The last type is also common. Geezus is a prime example. "UT2K3 R BETTAR THAN JK2 J00 MOROSN!!!11" I think the only message trolls understand is repeated banning.

So there we have it, the vast majority of people who claim JO is dying either have no interest in JO at all, are merely in flapping their own gums, like hearing the sound of their own typing, or are trolling for reactions. So ignore them!

[FW] Spider AL
--
Hewwo, meesa Jar-Jar Binks. Yeah. Excusing me, but me needs to go bust meesa head in with dissa claw-hammer, because yousa have stripped away meesa will to living.
Spider AL is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-07-2002, 10:08 PM   #49
Hiteche5

Quote:
I really have a lot of sympathy for the first type, the bloke who can't get a game. There was that fellow from Hawaii, I think his name was Hiteche... Yeah, poor guy couldn't find a game with a decent ping. The best he could do was a 200ms lag affair on the Zone, so I have nothing but sympathy for him and his ilk.
Yep, that would be me. Now for the record. I just want to say is that for some people "die" has different definitions. I think the game is starting to weed out those who just wanted to see some Star Wars game. The servers are starting to trim down and some people take that as the game is dying.

I know for a fact that the mod community is still active. I just would like to see more servers in my area. Or people join the "PC Bang" server ( I will have to look up the IP for posting) This server I pour some money into but no one seems to play on it. Some one tell me...is the ping to high? Settings? Give me a ring and I'll change it.

BTW, Wookie Beer party is up again. Jump on that too. I hope to see you guys around.

The Rodney Dangerfield of forums
Hiteche5 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-08-2002, 07:35 PM   #50
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
Thumbs up

JK1 might be dead, but mods are still coming out for it, and some people are still playing it (perhaps revived due to the release of JK2, after all, the collector's editing came packed with a copy), but compared to JK2, JK2 is definately thriving.
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > Reasons why the JK2 community is NOT dying