lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Just getting started...few ?'s
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-08-2002, 04:26 AM   #1
Dexamehtal

Just getting started...few ?'s

Okay, I just got this game installed. And I would like to know what kind of patches, scribts, or mods I may need to play the game and be up to date. I have no idea how to really get started, so some help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

"Be like water" ~Bruce Lee~

http://www.shadowfalcons.org
Dexamehtal is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-08-2002, 04:40 AM   #2
The Truthful Liar
In-Transit

LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
Welcome, Dexamehtal! I hope you enjoy your stay and please accept this complimentary Lucasforums welcome basket filled with numerous amounts of candy which you can snack on while browsing through our forums!

I recommend you get the 1.04 patch (you can search for it under essential downloads here: http://www.jediknightii.net/files/index.php?category=5) and perhaps I suggest you get the ProMod mod (more info about it here: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthrea...threadid=78866).

There are some fabulous models in the works at the modelling forum not to mention the fabulous maps you can look at in the mapping forum. If you want skins and such, just browse around in the jediknightii.net downloads (here: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthrea...threadid=78866) - You'll find something you like I'm sure of it.

Cheers

"Whatever action is performed by a great man, common men follow in his footsteps. And whatever standards he sets by exemplary acts, all the world pursues."
The Truthful Liar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-08-2002, 04:54 AM   #3
Dexamehtal

Thanks a lot AB_Legion. That gift basket was scrumptious. I will defintely get started on climbing the ranks from Ewok to Jedi Master.

Old 10-08-2002, 04:59 AM   #4
The Truthful Liar
In-Transit

Great! And good luck to you. Don't forget to sometimes visit the yodas swamp for just plain fun! (here: http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisp...s=&forumid=162) Mind you, don't spam otherwise you'll have me to deal with as well as Rhett with his fearsome yoinking stick (you'll see what I mean soon enough ).

"Whatever action is performed by a great man, common men follow in his footsteps. And whatever standards he sets by exemplary acts, all the world pursues."
Old 10-08-2002, 01:18 PM   #5
acdcfanbill
..the wonders I have seen

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
Welcome, and yes, there are tons of things to download from this very site. So make sure to come back often

acdcfanbill is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-08-2002, 02:17 PM   #6
Toonces
Raise Hand If Sure!

Well, to continue this warm welcome, on behalf of the modeling community, Welcome

In addition to the great www.jediknightii.net, here are a couple of other sites worth visiting

http://www.jedioutcastmaps.com/
It's not updated very often, but it keeps track of the most popular maps, a good place to go and find out what alot of the community is playing

http://www.jk2files.com/file.index
A pretty good site for files, not as nice as jediknightii.net, but they update a little more

Also, Promod which has been mentioned before is a fantastic mod, I highly recomend downloading it

Have fun

Toonces is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-08-2002, 02:27 PM   #7
txa1265
Father Jedi

Forum Veteran 
Hi!

JKII has the great distinction of having subsequent patches being Single Player 'Save Game' friendly ... unlike MoHAA, for example. So I'd definitely recommend patching straight to 1.04.

The Multi-player aspect is not my arena so much, but there are many here who will help you out with things like ProMod.

These forums are full of very helpful people ... you don't have to sort through too much BS here, compared to some places I've seen related to other games. Just the occasional 'sky is falling' thread ...

I also recommend checking out www.jedioutcastmaps.com for all kinds of maps ... there are lots of great ones out there, from single player maps you actually care about finishing (a rarity for any game) to excellent CTF and FFA maps and more. The only problem with the site is that it suffers from what I'll call pop-up flatulence ... and leave it at that ...

Mike

Dopelar effect (n.) The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they come at you rapidly.
txa1265 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-08-2002, 05:41 PM   #8
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
Sort of. To clarify: save games from 1.02 are incompatible with 1.03. But 1.03 save games work with 1.04.
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-09-2002, 02:42 AM   #9
Syfo-Dyas

I'll second the plug for ProMod. It really improves saber play. Plus, we really need to see more people using it on-line.

Also like was mentioned, make sure you check out the work that the modelers, skin, and level designers have done. Some really talented people out there making this stuff, and it also adds a lot of life to the game!

Enjoy the forums, and hope to see you in Multi-player (Where everybody is somebody; until they get killed)!

Peace!

Syfo ~ Dyas

Got ProMod???

ProMod homepage: www.oculis.org/promod
Syfo-Dyas is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-09-2002, 04:55 AM   #10
Dexamehtal

couple ?'s still...when I download the maps, do I just unzip them to my base folder, same thing with skins. Also when I search for games, is the best way by just starting up Jediknight through the CD?? or is gamespy any good, haven't had too much luck with them in the past, but where would be the best place to find good rooms?? ALSO...There seem to be a lot of skins out there for the game,,,is there a skins pack for all of them?? I'm sure not, just curious though.

Last edited by Dexamehtal; 10-09-2002 at 05:06 AM.
Old 10-09-2002, 07:59 AM   #11
The Truthful Liar
In-Transit

"When I download the maps, do I just unzip them to my base folder, same thing with skins."

Yes.

"Also when I search for games, is the best way by just starting up Jediknight through the CD?? or is gamespy any good, haven't had too much luck with them in the past, but where would be the best place to find good rooms?"

The ingame browser works fine for me, however I recently installed GameSpy Arcade and it's actually rather good. You should give it a try, add a few skins, play around, just have fun.

"ALSO...There seem to be a lot of skins out there for the game,,,is there a skins pack for all of them?? I'm sure not, just curious though."

Nothing made SO FAR that I'm aware of, I'm pretty sure that there's one in the making or being planned. You can double check in the Skinning Forum.

Cheers

Old 10-09-2002, 08:34 AM   #12
Dexamehtal

okay, this will probably sound dumb, but when i'm playing the game, i see a lot of guys using the electricity "force power". Now I have a key bind set up for it, but it never works. Do I need to be more experienced?? Also when I play CTF do any of the skins that you get to pick and or download work on that mission type, or is it just specific mission types?? ps, thanks for all the help guys, i know frustrating FNG's can be...

Old 10-09-2002, 09:36 AM   #13
The Truthful Liar
In-Transit

All skins should work on all gametypes.

As for your lightning problem... I'm not sure, perhaps you iether don't have enough force set on that power (choosing in your player preferences) or your "mana" so to speak is to low that you have to wait untill it's full.

I can teach you a few things about playing ingame if you like, do you have an email address/messenger program?

Cheers

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > Just getting started...few ?'s