lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Don't Download Jediplus!!!
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-19-2002, 12:53 AM   #1
-Chrono_MOT-

Don't Download Jediplus!!!

I couldn't believe this myself, but I bet NONE of you knew that JediPLUS gives BOFH secret access to your server through some code he placed in there. So effectively, he can control your server if he joined it! I saw this in action tonight on a server I was playing on. Apparently this sliver of code gives him free will to screw around with anyone's server! He even threatened to bring down my friend's (TMBJ) server if it was running JediPLUS.

Not only is this unethical, it is highly illegal and DEFINITELY against any moral laws that exist today. I suggest someone decompile his mod (if possible) and check his source code.

Once again, this is NOT a lie, a hoax, or a joke. This is 100% serious. BOYCOTT this mod, and DO NOT download it or put it on your server!

I model, I map, I write music. But I don't take any crap from anyone.
-Chrono_MOT- is offline   you may:
Old 10-19-2002, 07:51 AM   #2
Hellfire Jedi
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

HELL YEAH
does that **** to anotehr server i play on makes it crash cuz he cant get admin!!

I would like to beta test YOUR models
I love graves. You should love him too.
Thanks SupremePain for the avatar.
Mike-
Hellfire Jedi is offline   you may:
Old 10-19-2002, 10:04 AM   #3
obi
LFN Staff Emeritus

Current Game: Game of life, yo
Well this is certainly a surprise.

Anyway, LucasArts/Raven have that nice disclaimer:

"LucasArts and Raven Entertainment will not be held responsible for any modifications/expansions to this game" or something to that effect.

There are some sick people in the world that try this sort of thing all the time. I do not know if this is true or not, however, because it has never happened to me. (Though I do not have a dedicated server)

Why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye?-Matthew 7:3-5
Living Water Revival

Me on Myspace

obi is offline   you may:
Old 10-29-2002, 11:34 AM   #4
rachmike

STICKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey admins make this a

STICKY!!!!!

Let everyone know before they make a server with jediPLUS on it.

Boba fett----Hey jango what say we go hunt some jedis.
Jango fett----umm what u say, yes ye yes in a minute i'm watching a good program on the T.V its about 2 jedis being huning down by two bounty hunters named, Jango and boba wett.
Boba fett----cool let me watch it

My names are ( in MP)

[LFJA]Sithsniper

UNREALKILLER

REBORNWARRIOR

MOTIG
rachmike is offline   you may:
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Editing Central > Showcase forum > Beta Testing > Don't Download Jediplus!!!