lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Possible news of expansion pack!!
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-27-2002, 10:25 AM   #1
Shaggy1984

Possible news of expansion pack!!

I was just flicking through an australian computer games magazine, reading the release dates and I happened to stumble across, under release mid december: Jedi Outcast Expansion Pack. I know there was rumours of an expansion with that survey and all, but has anything else been announced that Im not aware of. Cause it certainly came out of nowhere. Although Mysteries of the Sith for JK did too, so you never know .

Anyway too prove to you all that im not lying, I dont have a scanner, but anyone who happens to have the latest edition of PC powerplay can just flick to the release dates section and see.

I sure hope it is true though
Shaggy1984 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-27-2002, 11:23 AM   #2
L3onheart

Great. I hope it's true. JK2 really does need some pickup
L3onheart is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-27-2002, 10:22 PM   #3
Sivy
coming soon

Forum Veteran 
that would be cool, but i'm sure we would have heard something by now, mid december is only a few weeks away
Sivy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-28-2002, 04:17 PM   #4
WarteX

raven has been working on 2 secret projects the past months, so 2 me it sounds resonable

hoho
WarteX is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-28-2002, 04:57 PM   #5
Bilbo Skywalker

w00t here's hoping hehe.

id love to play some fresh JO action.

pleaaaaaaaaaaaaase raven.

For all your current and upcoming Star Wars needs come too...

[size=big]echonetwork[/size]

Check out my CTF guide for JA Here
Bilbo Skywalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-28-2002, 05:47 PM   #6
happydan

erm, one if the secret projects is Quake4 i believe. its bene in dev using the Doom3 engine.

umm, yeah. so... stuff.
happydan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-28-2002, 07:03 PM   #7
Syfo-Dyas

In my opinion, it never been a question of 'IF'. It's only been a question of 'WHEN'. The game has sold well. I can't think of any reason why they wouldn't do an expansion pak.

It seems likely that they would want to take advantage of the Christmas season since it's a big commercialized holiday, and also because of the breaks in school.

But then again, who needs Raven for expansion paks, when we have all of the dedicated, hard working, talented people in our Modding community??? These are the people who have given us the awesome maps, and great new models/skins that we all use. And it's all free! You can't beat the price! You guys rock! Keep up the good work

Personally, I am anxiously for the long awaited release of ProMod3 -That's MY expansion pak...

Syfo ~ Dyas

Got ProMod???

ProMod homepage: www.oculis.org/promod
Syfo-Dyas is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-28-2002, 07:40 PM   #8
DeTRiTiC-iQ

Except that, the modding community hasn't taken off and it won't until there are some more coders. The maps released so far have been uninspired at best. The only good thing I can say is about the quality of the new models released.

JK2 NEEDS an expansion.
DeTRiTiC-iQ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-28-2002, 07:47 PM   #9
Toonces
Raise Hand If Sure!

I haven't heard about any secret projects from Raven, I thought we've known about Quake 4 for months?

Anyway, an expansion right about now (or in the next few months) would be nice, I just hope they include a few more tools we can use for editing

Toonces is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-28-2002, 08:38 PM   #10
mariners2001

Wow. Wouldn't that be a pleasant surprise?!

I'm looking into it and I've posted in the forums for the PC Powerplay magazine forums asking if anyone can confirm it:
http://forums.networknext.com/pcpp/v...hp?p=9277#9277

Skin Projects: (click on the links provided to download the files or view the current progress)
Emperor Palpatine: Completed
Jerec: Completed
Raas Avlow: Completed, but being redone
Mara Jade: Completed, but being redone which is nearly complete, New Mara WIP
Anakin Skywalker: Completed
Count Dooku: Done, not released
Ibtisam (Mon Calamari model) normal and rogue flight suit: Pending release
Talon Karrde: Completed
Rock Fisto (Kit Fisto model): Never released

E-mail me if you'd like to see or try one of these skins that I've not yet released.
Also, if you have an idea for a skin for me to make (Star Wars based preferably), please e-mail me with that idea and I'll take it under consideration for a future project.
mariners2001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-28-2002, 09:04 PM   #11
t3rr0r
Goblet of Fire

one of ravens "secret" projects is some console game... we can only hope that pc powerplay isn't lying. :/

overlord
t3rr0r is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-28-2002, 11:15 PM   #12
Emon
Strong Bad's Henchman

Quote:
Originally posted by DeTRiTiC-iQ
Except that, the modding community hasn't taken off and it won't until there are some more coders. The maps released so far have been uninspired at best. The only good thing I can say is about the quality of the new models released.

JK2 NEEDS an expansion.
I agree. Especially for SP modding. Mike Gummelt said he wanted to externalize a lot more stuff to text files, but had no time. Hopefully they would have more externalized, and with some luck, sourecode...
Emon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-29-2002, 08:51 AM   #13
Jedi AC

Well, I recently bought Jedi Knight 2 recently and kick myself in the $^%% for not buying it a long time ago!! I love it!!!!! I sure hope there is a expansion pack.
Jedi AC is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-29-2002, 12:27 PM   #14
Indy4

we have confirmation that the Jedi Outcast Expansion Pack was written in PC Powerplay heres a quote

"Jedi Outcast Expansion Pack should be out by Mid December (according to issue #81 of PCPP)"

is this actually true?????

hope so!!!!!!!!
Indy4 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-30-2002, 11:54 AM   #15
Katarn07
Rebel Agent

Current Game: Changing diapers count?
Yes, an expansion before Christmas so I don't have to spend 35-40 bucks on it myself

I got this thread from here, talk about JKIII. I'm opposed to that idea, but as long as the expansion has a good story unlike some other ones in the past *MotS*, I'd be more than willing to put it on my PC.

http://forums.starwars.com/thread.js...=75&msRange=15

"The Force is strong with Katarn...." - Darth Vader, Star Wars: Dark Forces
Katarn07 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > Possible news of expansion pack!!