lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Command to make the camera sit in one position?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-30-2002, 08:49 AM   #1
kirov1000

Command to make the camera sit in one position?

I heard that there's a command that sets the camera in one position and it then just follows the player around from that fixed position. Does this exist and if so what is the command?

As real as it gets.
kirov1000 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-30-2002, 07:51 PM   #2
Syfo-Dyas

Yes, there is such command. But it doesn't do much to help your targeting. So if you were thinking you will get some cool duels in the style of Virtua Fighter, or Soul Caliber, I'm afraid it's not quite that developed.

The command you seek is CG_THIRDPERSONCAMERADAMP. Type it in once to see what the default is -so you can easilly fix it later if you wish- then just change it to a 0 (that's a ZERO, not an OH).

Basically, all it does is slow down how fast the camera tracks you. I've played with it at slower settings than the default, and kind of liked it.

As a side note: it would be nice to see more happening with the camera. Maybe to have a toggle button that would make it keep you and your nearest target in frame or something, like the above videogames I mentioned. This is a 3D environment! Why do we have to be limited to just ONE unadjustable 3rd person viewing angle! We can do better than THIS!!!

Syfo ~ Dyas

Got ProMod???

ProMod homepage: www.oculis.org/promod
Syfo-Dyas is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-30-2002, 09:01 PM   #3
Wolf Devil

Easy there, Syfo. Lets not turn this into a rant
Wolf Devil is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-30-2002, 10:08 PM   #4
wassup

OK Syfo I'm assuming u know alot bout Quake 3 cmds so I'm not gonna waste thread space and just ask my question here, which is: How do you make your hud go away. Like everything, crosshair, health/shield bar, force bar, etc. I knew how to do it before but then I quit JKII then got back and now I'm braindead... Thx.

[edit]DOH ur probably not gonna check this thread anyways again so I guess ill PM u...
wassup is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-30-2002, 10:08 PM   #5
Syfo-Dyas

Angry

Awwwwww! But I wanna rant!!!

Can I rant later?

I know NOTHING about Quake. Sorry if I mis-lead you. I did achieve the NO HUD thing by typeing in 'LEVELSHOT'. But I wasn't intending on losing it, and then I couldn't figure out how to get it back. Fortunately, it resets when the level restarts.

That's all I know.

Syfo ~ Dyas

Got ProMod???

ProMod homepage: www.oculis.org/promod
Syfo-Dyas is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-01-2002, 12:39 AM   #6
wassup

ah well thx for your help man but I know theres a command for it cause ive used it before...owel ill post a thread bout it then
wassup is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-02-2002, 06:43 PM   #7
Wolf Devil

It's /cg_draw2d 0 for off, /cg_draw2d 1 for on

Forum Name: Wolf Devil
Zone Name: __Sinkaro__
Zone Name 2:__WolfDevil__
In-game Name: Sinkaro(TM)
Wolf Devil is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > Command to make the camera sit in one position?