lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: What are the best mods out there?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-29-2002, 08:01 AM   #1
Jedi AC

What are the best mods out there?

I was wondering if anyone can suggest some awesome mods to have for this game and where I can find them?? Thanks
Jedi AC is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-29-2002, 09:28 AM   #2
Justus

Jediplus, and Jedimod I would say. Might want to check out some of the custom levels as well, jediknightii.net has them, just go to the modifications section. Oh, I will also add massassi.net they have some awesome files as well...

Justus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-29-2002, 09:55 AM   #3
Luc Solar
PH34R TEH INSANE JAWA!!!

PROMOD

Got Honourz? Great.. I hope you choke on it!

I r0xx0r all j00 nooberz that mess with me. You nooberz suXor out of my way or I eat j00....

Most ridiculous Quote of the century: >)O(< ENmiTy: promoting mindless FFA and SD kills promotes disorderly conduct amoung the online community.
Luc Solar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-29-2002, 05:01 PM   #4
JNK_Icer_cold

well i like the flaming saber mod and the jaba mode they work fine for me also bots are nice to anikan is my fave

Hope it helps Icer
JNK_Icer_cold is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-29-2002, 07:30 PM   #5
Syfo-Dyas

Thumbs up

"Promod"

Syfo ~ Dyas

Got ProMod???

ProMod homepage: www.oculis.org/promod
Syfo-Dyas is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-29-2002, 08:48 PM   #6
Lathain Valtiel
Ex-Angel

LFN Staff Member 
SIEG PROMOD!!!!
Lathain Valtiel is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-29-2002, 10:04 PM   #7
wassup

adminmod and promod.

sux nobody uses promod though nowaday...
wassup is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-29-2002, 11:16 PM   #8
Moradivh

Quote:
sux nobody uses promod though nowaday...
Wait till tomorrow (or later today for some people).
Moradivh is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-30-2002, 01:02 AM   #9
Toa Tahu

Promod,adminmod,jedimod and JediPlus mod.Tose are the best.
I think we'll be playing Promod 3 as widely as JK2.

When you slice a person, do you slice him with the fastest stroke, or do you forcefully incapacitate him?
Toa Tahu is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-30-2002, 01:18 AM   #10
Rad Blackrose
Banned

Promod 3... definetly Promod 3
Rad Blackrose is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-30-2002, 01:16 PM   #11
soul710

What features does promod 3 have ?
and do i need to have jedimod 1 installed to have the yoda model with correct size or does it work with jediplus 43 ?
soul710 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-30-2002, 02:30 PM   #12
Matt-Liell
Long Haired Freaky Person

Location: Sitting in the back of My VW Microbus - In the Great White North
FORCE MOD IS THE BEST!
Get it here! (i think this is the version i use!) http://www.jediknightii.net/files/in...nk=file&id=918

A Native Swampie!

Matt-Liell is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-30-2002, 05:20 PM   #13
Guardian Omega

To MMXP: A Gundam fan eh? (Aka Sieg Zeon!)

Ahem.........

PROMOD! (Version 3 to be exact.)

Sue, it's the American way!- I forgot.
Guardian Omega is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-30-2002, 07:04 PM   #14
JNK_Icer_cold

i would have to agree with all promod all the way is very good but saber mods like flaming saber look cool

BUt if yer looking for a full mod promod

hehe

Hope it helps Icer
JNK_Icer_cold is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-30-2002, 07:04 PM   #15
Lathain Valtiel
Ex-Angel

LFN Staff Member 
Yeah GO, Sieg Zeon.
Lathain Valtiel is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-30-2002, 07:25 PM   #16
Syfo-Dyas

Quote:
Originally posted by soul710
What features does promod 3 have ?
and do i need to have jedimod 1 installed to have the yoda model with correct size or does it work with jediplus 43 ?
Someone might correct me here, but I think Jedimod was just about the first mod to come out. There are a bunch of derivative mods -jediplus, jedi++, I don't know them all- that were basically manipulations of the original Jedimod.

I know one of them is said to have malicious code contained in it. Although I think it only affected servers (provided the author a backdoor to get in and mess with their computer or something).

I would recommend NOT using it regardless of how cool it might be, just because the author is apparently some kind of jerk! Whats to stop him from encoding a virus to wipe your hard drive in 6 months???

Most of the Mods I've seen just add neat candy to the game, and a bunch of server options -like making you sit down, or kiss someone-. They also use some of the other animations in the game, which look cool but don't do much to improve the gameplay.

There is more, but you get the picture -it's mostly visual stuff and some server-side parameter tweaks to make things stronger or weaker.

For that stuff and getting Yoda back down to Muppet size, Jedimod is probably your best bet.

For cool animation stuff, Style Over Substance looks like it lives up to it's name. I don't think they have anything released yet. But they have been working on it long enough. KEEP IN MIND, that at this point animations CANNOT be added or edited in JO. So whatever they are doing, it involves using the animations that already exist in the game.

ProMod 3 (which is supposed to be released today -after a good two months of development) is the ONLY Mod I know of that FUNCTIONALY changes how JO Multi-Player works. ArtifeX started working on it when the MP sourcecode was released, and -as of ProMod 2- I can tell you it REALLY improved the way the game plays.

ProMod 3 is going to be a major upgrade from ProMod 2. It is NOT intended to be an 'eye-candy' Mod (ProMod is based on a Targeting system which eliminated the random number generators used in JO's original code to determine how your well Saber worked). That being said, ProMod 3 is starting add some of those features (custom saber colors, for example). So, while improving gameplay is at the core of what ProMod is, it also is adding some of the fun stuff.

I don't know if it allows for the "Yoda factor" yet. I know it was seriously considered, but Artifex may have backed it off if it allowed for unballanced gameplay. ProMod is all about ballanceing things, so it's skill with a weapon that prevails, NOT who controls the Fletchete. Also, he added a jetpak which I have heard is pretty cool.

Hope this helps

Syfo ~ Dyas

Got ProMod???

ProMod homepage: www.oculis.org/promod
Syfo-Dyas is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-30-2002, 09:04 PM   #17
Wolf Devil

As stated in almost every previous post (wow!), Promod is the best and gets better with each number, unlike JediPLUS which has been updated to death (bleh). ProMod Beta 3 should be out soon
Wolf Devil is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-30-2002, 10:04 PM   #18
wassup

Quote:
KEEP IN MIND, that at this point animations CANNOT be added or edited in JO. So whatever they are doing, it involves using the animations that already exist in the game.
wow that sux...y doesnt Raven allow this in this game (assuming its them ). Why doesnt Raven try to help the mod community the best it can? I'm guessing they r afraid of copyrights laws or such...
wassup is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-30-2002, 10:56 PM   #19
Kam Riser

I just downloaded Promod Beta 2 this morning and after one day of playing I have to say Promod is the best mod for JK2 out yet!

We just need some more people to get promod servers up...las I checked there were THREE! One was ArtifeX's server and was locked for beta 3 testing and the other two were empty...even after I joined for a bit. We need more servers for this great mod!

*goes back to playing against bots...sigh...*

May the Force be with you.

Kam Riser is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-01-2002, 06:28 AM   #20
Wolf Devil

Quote:
Originally posted by Kam Riser
I just downloaded Promod Beta 2 this morning and after one day of playing I have to say Promod is the best mod for JK2 out yet!

We just need some more people to get promod servers up...las I checked there were THREE! One was ArtifeX's server and was locked for beta 3 testing and the other two were empty...even after I joined for a bit. We need more servers for this great mod!

*goes back to playing against bots...sigh...*
Beta 2 is crap now (and I use the term loosely!). Download 3.0. As for the servers, Artifex's server is now open to the public, though his version is different from the one on www.jediknightii.net, so you will have to download it in JO. The others are silly-@$$ dead's that use Beta 1.
Old 12-02-2002, 08:00 AM   #21
soul710

Quote:
Originally posted by Syfo-Dyas

Someone might correct me here, but I think Jedimod was just about the first mod to come out. There are a bunch of derivative mods -jediplus, jedi++, I don't know them all- that were basically manipulations of the original Jedimod.

I know one of them is said to have malicious code contained in it. Although I think it only affected servers (provided the author a backdoor to get in and mess with their computer or something).

I would recommend NOT using it regardless of how cool it might be, just because the author is apparently some kind of jerk! Whats to stop him from encoding a virus to wipe your hard drive in 6 months???

Most of the Mods I've seen just add neat candy to the game, and a bunch of server options -like making you sit down, or kiss someone-. They also use some of the other animations in the game, which look cool but don't do much to improve the gameplay.

There is more, but you get the picture -it's mostly visual stuff and some server-side parameter tweaks to make things stronger or weaker.

For that stuff and getting Yoda back down to Muppet size, Jedimod is probably your best bet.

For cool animation stuff, Style Over Substance looks like it lives up to it's name. I don't think they have anything released yet. But they have been working on it long enough. KEEP IN MIND, that at this point animations CANNOT be added or edited in JO. So whatever they are doing, it involves using the animations that already exist in the game.

ProMod 3 (which is supposed to be released today -after a good two months of development) is the ONLY Mod I know of that FUNCTIONALY changes how JO Multi-Player works. ArtifeX started working on it when the MP sourcecode was released, and -as of ProMod 2- I can tell you it REALLY improved the way the game plays.

ProMod 3 is going to be a major upgrade from ProMod 2. It is NOT intended to be an 'eye-candy' Mod (ProMod is based on a Targeting system which eliminated the random number generators used in JO's original code to determine how your well Saber worked). That being said, ProMod 3 is starting add some of those features (custom saber colors, for example). So, while improving gameplay is at the core of what ProMod is, it also is adding some of the fun stuff.

I don't know if it allows for the "Yoda factor" yet. I know it was seriously considered, but Artifex may have backed it off if it allowed for unballanced gameplay. ProMod is all about ballanceing things, so it's skill with a weapon that prevails, NOT who controls the Fletchete. Also, he added a jetpak which I have heard is pretty cool.

Hope this helps

well i've been playing jediplus now for a while, mainly because of the two saber & dualblade feature, combined with some cool maps & episode 2 models theres great starwars feeling.... what mods exactly could be a virus ? jediplus ?? if so i would have to del it quickly...
soul710 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-02-2002, 11:50 AM   #22
Luc Solar
PH34R TEH INSANE JAWA!!!

If you want a balanced game with depth (and some new cool stuff like the jetpack), a game where skill determines the winner - choose Promod.

Ever wondered what it's like to stick your tongue in Desann's mouth? Want to try fighting 0,5ft tall rodians dual wielding two double edged lightsabers with a 12ft tall Leia? If so, choose some of the other mods.

To each their own.

Got Honourz? Great.. I hope you choke on it!

I r0xx0r all j00 nooberz that mess with me. You nooberz suXor out of my way or I eat j00....

Most ridiculous Quote of the century: >)O(< ENmiTy: promoting mindless FFA and SD kills promotes disorderly conduct amoung the online community.
Luc Solar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-02-2002, 12:29 PM   #23
Wolf Devil

Ha ha ha ha ha, youve explained the very escense of all the other popular mods. Though I don't know why anyone would use the Sith Saber.. it's so weak, the two lightsabers are better (not to mention over powerful).

Suposedly, Artifex will be putting Sith saber, dual lightsabers and model scaling in ProMod, but knowing good old Arti Fett, it won't be dumb and unbalanced like in JediPLUS

Forum Name: Wolf Devil
Zone Name: __Sinkaro__
Zone Name 2:__WolfDevil__
In-game Name: Sinkaro(TM)
Old 12-02-2002, 01:49 PM   #24
Hekx
Republic Mofo

Hot Topic Starter 
FFA / Duel
JediMod.

TFFA / CTF
Vulcanis Admin Mod & xMod.

Hekx is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-04-2002, 07:16 PM   #25
Artem

Volcanus Admin mod for most things

Jetpack mod if people use jetpack for dodging, not flying away to other side of lvl

It doesn't matter the part of me that loves is gone, I am now a Sith Lord - Sith Lord Invader
Artem is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > What are the best mods out there?