lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: What are the best mods out there?
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-29-2002, 08:01 AM   #1
Jedi AC
 
Jedi AC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Houston, Tx USA
Posts: 3
What are the best mods out there?

I was wondering if anyone can suggest some awesome mods to have for this game and where I can find them?? Thanks
Jedi AC is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-29-2002, 09:28 AM   #2
Justus
 
Justus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Bespin
Posts: 380
Jediplus, and Jedimod I would say. Might want to check out some of the custom levels as well, jediknightii.net has them, just go to the modifications section. Oh, I will also add massassi.net they have some awesome files as well...


Justus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-29-2002, 09:55 AM   #3
Luc Solar
PH34R TEH INSANE JAWA!!!
 
Luc Solar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 1,486
PROMOD


Got Honourz? Great.. I hope you choke on it!

I r0xx0r all j00 nooberz that mess with me. You nooberz suXor out of my way or I eat j00....

Most ridiculous Quote of the century: >)O(< ENmiTy: promoting mindless FFA and SD kills promotes disorderly conduct amoung the online community.
Luc Solar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-29-2002, 05:01 PM   #4
JNK_Icer_cold
 
JNK_Icer_cold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 16
well i like the flaming saber mod and the jaba mode they work fine for me also bots are nice to anikan is my fave

Hope it helps Icer
JNK_Icer_cold is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-29-2002, 07:30 PM   #5
Syfo-Dyas
 
Syfo-Dyas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Earth and vicinity
Posts: 129
Thumbs up

"Promod"


Syfo ~ Dyas

Got ProMod???

ProMod homepage: www.oculis.org/promod
Syfo-Dyas is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-29-2002, 08:48 PM   #6
Lathain Valtiel
Ex-Angel
 
Lathain Valtiel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 929
LFN Staff Member 
SIEG PROMOD!!!!
Lathain Valtiel is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-29-2002, 10:04 PM   #7
wassup
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,695
adminmod and promod.

sux nobody uses promod though nowaday...
wassup is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-29-2002, 11:16 PM   #8
Moradivh
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 126
Quote:
sux nobody uses promod though nowaday...
Wait till tomorrow (or later today for some people).
Moradivh is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-30-2002, 01:02 AM   #9
Toa Tahu
 
Toa Tahu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Yavin IV
Posts: 487
Promod,adminmod,jedimod and JediPlus mod.Tose are the best.
I think we'll be playing Promod 3 as widely as JK2.


When you slice a person, do you slice him with the fastest stroke, or do you forcefully incapacitate him?
Toa Tahu is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-30-2002, 01:18 AM   #10
Rad Blackrose
Banned
 
Rad Blackrose's Avatar
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Retired
Posts: 810
Promod 3... definetly Promod 3
Rad Blackrose is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-30-2002, 01:16 PM   #11
soul710
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 6
What features does promod 3 have ?
and do i need to have jedimod 1 installed to have the yoda model with correct size or does it work with jediplus 43 ?
soul710 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-30-2002, 02:30 PM   #12
Matt-Liell
Long Haired Freaky Person
 
Matt-Liell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Sitting in the back of My VW Microbus - In the Great White North
Posts: 2,646
FORCE MOD IS THE BEST!
Get it here! (i think this is the version i use!) http://www.jediknightii.net/files/in...nk=file&id=918


A Native Swampie!


Matt-Liell is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-30-2002, 05:20 PM   #13
Guardian Omega
 
Guardian Omega's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Overlord of the Paranoia
Posts: 882
To MMXP: A Gundam fan eh? (Aka Sieg Zeon!)

Ahem.........

PROMOD! (Version 3 to be exact.)


Sue, it's the American way!- I forgot.
Guardian Omega is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-30-2002, 07:04 PM   #14
JNK_Icer_cold
 
JNK_Icer_cold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 16
i would have to agree with all promod all the way is very good but saber mods like flaming saber look cool

BUt if yer looking for a full mod promod

hehe

Hope it helps Icer
JNK_Icer_cold is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-30-2002, 07:04 PM   #15
Lathain Valtiel
Ex-Angel
 
Lathain Valtiel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 929
LFN Staff Member 
Yeah GO, Sieg Zeon.
Lathain Valtiel is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-30-2002, 07:25 PM   #16
Syfo-Dyas
 
Syfo-Dyas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Earth and vicinity
Posts: 129
Quote:
Originally posted by soul710
What features does promod 3 have ?
and do i need to have jedimod 1 installed to have the yoda model with correct size or does it work with jediplus 43 ?
Someone might correct me here, but I think Jedimod was just about the first mod to come out. There are a bunch of derivative mods -jediplus, jedi++, I don't know them all- that were basically manipulations of the original Jedimod.

I know one of them is said to have malicious code contained in it. Although I think it only affected servers (provided the author a backdoor to get in and mess with their computer or something).

I would recommend NOT using it regardless of how cool it might be, just because the author is apparently some kind of jerk! Whats to stop him from encoding a virus to wipe your hard drive in 6 months???

Most of the Mods I've seen just add neat candy to the game, and a bunch of server options -like making you sit down, or kiss someone-. They also use some of the other animations in the game, which look cool but don't do much to improve the gameplay.

There is more, but you get the picture -it's mostly visual stuff and some server-side parameter tweaks to make things stronger or weaker.

For that stuff and getting Yoda back down to Muppet size, Jedimod is probably your best bet.

For cool animation stuff, Style Over Substance looks like it lives up to it's name. I don't think they have anything released yet. But they have been working on it long enough. KEEP IN MIND, that at this point animations CANNOT be added or edited in JO. So whatever they are doing, it involves using the animations that already exist in the game.

ProMod 3 (which is supposed to be released today -after a good two months of development) is the ONLY Mod I know of that FUNCTIONALY changes how JO Multi-Player works. ArtifeX started working on it when the MP sourcecode was released, and -as of ProMod 2- I can tell you it REALLY improved the way the game plays.

ProMod 3 is going to be a major upgrade from ProMod 2. It is NOT intended to be an 'eye-candy' Mod (ProMod is based on a Targeting system which eliminated the random number generators used in JO's original code to determine how your well Saber worked). That being said, ProMod 3 is starting add some of those features (custom saber colors, for example). So, while improving gameplay is at the core of what ProMod is, it also is adding some of the fun stuff.

I don't know if it allows for the "Yoda factor" yet. I know it was seriously considered, but Artifex may have backed it off if it allowed for unballanced gameplay. ProMod is all about ballanceing things, so it's skill with a weapon that prevails, NOT who controls the Fletchete. Also, he added a jetpak which I have heard is pretty cool.

Hope this helps


Syfo ~ Dyas

Got ProMod???

ProMod homepage: www.oculis.org/promod
Syfo-Dyas is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-30-2002, 09:04 PM   #17
Wolf Devil
 
Wolf Devil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: At the end of Laz's gun/saber
Posts: 171
As stated in almost every previous post (wow!), Promod is the best and gets better with each number, unlike JediPLUS which has been updated to death (bleh). ProMod Beta 3 should be out soon
Wolf Devil is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-30-2002, 10:04 PM   #18
wassup
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,695
Quote:
KEEP IN MIND, that at this point animations CANNOT be added or edited in JO. So whatever they are doing, it involves using the animations that already exist in the game.
wow that sux...y doesnt Raven allow this in this game (assuming its them ). Why doesnt Raven try to help the mod community the best it can? I'm guessing they r afraid of copyrights laws or such...
wassup is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-30-2002, 10:56 PM   #19
Kam Riser
 
Kam Riser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 6
I just downloaded Promod Beta 2 this morning and after one day of playing I have to say Promod is the best mod for JK2 out yet!

We just need some more people to get promod servers up...las I checked there were THREE! One was ArtifeX's server and was locked for beta 3 testing and the other two were empty...even after I joined for a bit. We need more servers for this great mod!

*goes back to playing against bots...sigh...*


May the Force be with you.

Kam Riser is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-01-2002, 06:28 AM   #20
Wolf Devil
 
Wolf Devil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: At the end of Laz's gun/saber
Posts: 171
Quote:
Originally posted by Kam Riser
I just downloaded Promod Beta 2 this morning and after one day of playing I have to say Promod is the best mod for JK2 out yet!

We just need some more people to get promod servers up...las I checked there were THREE! One was ArtifeX's server and was locked for beta 3 testing and the other two were empty...even after I joined for a bit. We need more servers for this great mod!

*goes back to playing against bots...sigh...*
Beta 2 is crap now (and I use the term loosely!). Download 3.0. As for the servers, Artifex's server is now open to the public, though his version is different from the one on www.jediknightii.net, so you will have to download it in JO. The others are silly-@$$ dead's that use Beta 1.
Wolf Devil is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-02-2002, 08:00 AM   #21
soul710
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally posted by Syfo-Dyas


Someone might correct me here, but I think Jedimod was just about the first mod to come out. There are a bunch of derivative mods -jediplus, jedi++, I don't know them all- that were basically manipulations of the original Jedimod.

I know one of them is said to have malicious code contained in it. Although I think it only affected servers (provided the author a backdoor to get in and mess with their computer or something).

I would recommend NOT using it regardless of how cool it might be, just because the author is apparently some kind of jerk! Whats to stop him from encoding a virus to wipe your hard drive in 6 months???

Most of the Mods I've seen just add neat candy to the game, and a bunch of server options -like making you sit down, or kiss someone-. They also use some of the other animations in the game, which look cool but don't do much to improve the gameplay.

There is more, but you get the picture -it's mostly visual stuff and some server-side parameter tweaks to make things stronger or weaker.

For that stuff and getting Yoda back down to Muppet size, Jedimod is probably your best bet.

For cool animation stuff, Style Over Substance looks like it lives up to it's name. I don't think they have anything released yet. But they have been working on it long enough. KEEP IN MIND, that at this point animations CANNOT be added or edited in JO. So whatever they are doing, it involves using the animations that already exist in the game.

ProMod 3 (which is supposed to be released today -after a good two months of development) is the ONLY Mod I know of that FUNCTIONALY changes how JO Multi-Player works. ArtifeX started working on it when the MP sourcecode was released, and -as of ProMod 2- I can tell you it REALLY improved the way the game plays.

ProMod 3 is going to be a major upgrade from ProMod 2. It is NOT intended to be an 'eye-candy' Mod (ProMod is based on a Targeting system which eliminated the random number generators used in JO's original code to determine how your well Saber worked). That being said, ProMod 3 is starting add some of those features (custom saber colors, for example). So, while improving gameplay is at the core of what ProMod is, it also is adding some of the fun stuff.

I don't know if it allows for the "Yoda factor" yet. I know it was seriously considered, but Artifex may have backed it off if it allowed for unballanced gameplay. ProMod is all about ballanceing things, so it's skill with a weapon that prevails, NOT who controls the Fletchete. Also, he added a jetpak which I have heard is pretty cool.

Hope this helps

well i've been playing jediplus now for a while, mainly because of the two saber & dualblade feature, combined with some cool maps & episode 2 models theres great starwars feeling.... what mods exactly could be a virus ? jediplus ?? if so i would have to del it quickly...
soul710 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-02-2002, 11:50 AM   #22
Luc Solar
PH34R TEH INSANE JAWA!!!
 
Luc Solar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 1,486
If you want a balanced game with depth (and some new cool stuff like the jetpack), a game where skill determines the winner - choose Promod.

Ever wondered what it's like to stick your tongue in Desann's mouth? Want to try fighting 0,5ft tall rodians dual wielding two double edged lightsabers with a 12ft tall Leia? If so, choose some of the other mods.

To each their own.


Got Honourz? Great.. I hope you choke on it!

I r0xx0r all j00 nooberz that mess with me. You nooberz suXor out of my way or I eat j00....

Most ridiculous Quote of the century: >)O(< ENmiTy: promoting mindless FFA and SD kills promotes disorderly conduct amoung the online community.
Luc Solar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-02-2002, 12:29 PM   #23
Wolf Devil
 
Wolf Devil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: At the end of Laz's gun/saber
Posts: 171
Ha ha ha ha ha, youve explained the very escense of all the other popular mods. Though I don't know why anyone would use the Sith Saber.. it's so weak, the two lightsabers are better (not to mention over powerful).

Suposedly, Artifex will be putting Sith saber, dual lightsabers and model scaling in ProMod, but knowing good old Arti Fett, it won't be dumb and unbalanced like in JediPLUS


Forum Name: Wolf Devil
Zone Name: __Sinkaro__
Zone Name 2:__WolfDevil__
In-game Name: Sinkaro(TM)
Wolf Devil is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-02-2002, 01:49 PM   #24
Hekx
Republic Mofo
 
Hekx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Where?
Posts: 3,304
Hot Topic Starter 
FFA / Duel
JediMod.

TFFA / CTF
Vulcanis Admin Mod & xMod.

Hekx is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-04-2002, 07:16 PM   #25
Artem
 
Artem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: New York City
Posts: 17
Volcanus Admin mod for most things

Jetpack mod if people use jetpack for dodging, not flying away to other side of lvl


It doesn't matter the part of me that loves is gone, I am now a Sith Lord - Sith Lord Invader
Artem is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > What are the best mods out there?

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:12 PM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.