Last week I installed Promod on my server (PROMOD SMORGASBORD!!!). Soon after it was running Artifex joined the server and informed me that I had the something configured wrong and he helped me fix it. Thanks Artifex! (I was playing under the name "RAGE")
After playing the mod here are my impressions:
1) Great balance between mercs and Jedi. In FFA Sometimes Jedi won and other times mecs won. Even with no health packs the mercs seem to have a slight advantage but that is the way it should be I think. I like the fact that you can't use all weapons and force powers like some uber jedi-merc dude.
2) Fun saber system but I still don't know what all the extra little do-dads do yet!
3) Great one on one duels. Does it allow more then one duel at the same time in FFA?
4) Question: What should I set for saber trace and ghoul2 collision? (off or on)
5) The jetpack is cool (what is the bind for it?)
6) Jumping off walls is cool
7) My server has not crashed so the code is stable
What I would love to see added:
1) Since landing kicks is more difficult now I would love to see more knock downs from kicking.
2) Have you fixed the saber throw + push exploit? Sorry I have not tested it yet.
3) Possibility of a saber knock down when throwing saber
4) I am going to get flamed for this but I would LOVE to have some of the old saber moves back! Flying blue lunge (without the falling down bug), DFA with limited movement, and of course the backstab with limited movement. If there was some way to have limited movement instead of full movement it would be great but with full movement I could see the problems in that.
But even with full mevement things are different now. DFA is blockable. Knock downs are not so easy like before and back stab is less powerful so I can't see the ass-fighting coming back. Why should you be frozen when you DFA or backstab. It feels so restrictive and lame. It just does not feel right to me to be locked into this move and you are totally volnerable until the animation finishes. I like fights with style and special moves are a big factor in bringing the style back. It can get boring at times. I see a lot of button mashers now. Swinging and spinning with no style.
But anyway great mod Artifex! Keep it up!