lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: WIP carbonfreeze2 Update news
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-25-2002, 12:23 PM   #41
Padawan_7

Livingdeadjedi,

In the gantry dual map you will release later, will the carbon freezing cambers be included? I hope so.
Padawan_7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-25-2002, 01:02 PM   #42
Livingdeadjedi

yeah i agree DeTRiTiC-iQ i did make this one a slight bit linnear

funny really as i used to make CTF maps all the time for Elite force.

but i know what ya mean about city looking bolted on, but some people requested it so goto try keeping everyone happy

My intentions were to create a second way upto the carbon room
and in 1 of the doors a cool window corridoor around part of the main pit.
but i ran out of shaders so that accounts for the linear feel.

Oh as for the Duel map its been requested that it be purely the gantry, but no window room and really thin like movie ?? any thoughts people ??

LiVingDeAdJedi AOTC TC ( clonewarsmod) Senior map maker
Livingdeadjedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-25-2002, 02:25 PM   #43
Padawan_7

Quote:
Originally posted by Livingdeadjedi
Oh as for the Duel map its been requested that it be purely the gantry, but no window room and really thin like movie ?? any thoughts people ??
Well, I think the duel map should consist of the areas visited by Luke and Darth Vader in their duel (carbon freezing chambers, window room, and gantry). Plus, a good amount of the fighting in Carbonfreezing2 occurs in the Bespin hallways. This is definitely nice, but on the other hand I would like a map that was more centered around the Luke vs. Vader dueling area. So, I think a duel map (and even a ffa map ) for this area would be great!

And, as far as the gantry only duel with no window room...I think that would be a little on the boring side. It's kind of a drag when, in a duel map, one player starts on one side of the map and the other player starts on the other. They both run to each other, jump around a bit, then one kills the other, and it all starts over again. In this type of map there is no room for ducking away and only some room for strategy.

But, that's just my opinion.
Old 11-25-2002, 02:41 PM   #44
Toonces
Raise Hand If Sure!

I personally think the whole map is great I like how massive it is, much more true to the movie than any Carbon Freeze map I've seen. I think perhaps the only mistake you made was not having spawn points near or in the Carbon Chamber or Gantry. I like how the map is laid out though

Toonces is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-25-2002, 03:36 PM   #45
YoDa2k2

yes, it WOULD be better if u put the spawing points a little more spread out, maybe a update? =D it shouldntt be too hard to do LDJ ^_^

"You must defeat Vader.. Then, only then a jedi will u be"

"Fear is the path to the Dark Side, Fear leads to anger, anger leades to hate, hate leads to Suffering"
YoDa2k2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-25-2002, 03:56 PM   #46
Livingdeadjedi

What a good idea =]] yes i will make a duel map just with the carbon room and gantry area =]]
I will make a two map duel pack
one with that the other with my vaders shuttle im making on a bespin landing pad and entrance hall =]]

it shall also have the shiny floor i made but couldnt implement at the time due to lack of shaders

Old 11-25-2002, 07:48 PM   #47
Padawan_7

Cool, I can't wait!
Old 11-26-2002, 02:23 AM   #48
nomad

Great job man!
Thank you once again LDJ. Your shapes, contours, and lighting are just amazing. (for your maps that is... I've never seen YOUR shapes and contours )
You really captured the architecture around the halls and such of Bespin, in my opinion.
Thank you for making such a big Carbon Chamber room too. Now we can really battle in there.
I'm looking forward to the additional duel maps. Since your making one with Vader's shuttle, maybe you should make one with Slave One as well. While you're at it make another with the Falcon and you can release them all in seperate packages as collector items and thus do things in true Lucas-Merchandising fashion

Your mapping talents are truly a wonderful gift for bums like us to play with over and over again
Thank you! Oh, Her Majesty the Queen has just sent word that you have been knighted... congratulations, Sir LivingDeadJedi!!

You've made yet another map that I would love to play through on a Single Player(or Co-Op) Mission.
"Race past stormtroopers and Boba Fett to confront Darth Vader and learn your true destiny!"

-nomad

May the force be with you.
nomad is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-26-2002, 03:59 PM   #49
Livingdeadjedi

Yeah shaders Maximum limit yes

i got this to
but i thought it had been fixed
it appears as though some people are fin e with it, others not so ?? doesnt matter how powerful the comp

Try moving all Custom stuff out of base folder first see what happens
add more hunkmeg memory and see if theres anything else that can be done

Old 12-12-2002, 03:25 AM   #50
Uber Sith

You know what you could do with this map.... you could make it into a massive single player map...

okay here goes.. this is how i imagined it to go like...it would require making rooms for all doors and more parts to the level like all the massive unopend doors on it

Your Luke Skywalker (Bespin Outfit)
- Start by your X wing with a DL-44 (Hans Blaster - Made by Major Clod) and Lightsaber / Force powers: Level 2 Jump, Level 2 Push/Pull , level 1 mind trick , level 1 heal, level 1 speed,

- Make your way through the double doors that are in front of you.. kill the officer there and make your way accross to the elevator.. go down elevator to open area. through double doors that you face and turn on an elevator swith that allows the small elevators to turn on....

- Stormtroopers rush in. you kill them and head back out to the small elevators. use key on elevator (in game cutscene, leia surronded by stormtroopers screaming its a trap like in the movie)

- Work round to elevator that takes you to the carbon chanmber (Another cinematic of the vader scene where they ignite there lightsabers in front of each other) in the film vader uses hardly any force so he should have hardly any powers to use on you.. but make him super strong..you kill him here ( cinematic of him falling off the side)

- making your way up to the part where vader throws all that stuff at you..(either do this part as a cinematic or try to block most all the things vader throws at you and then do a cinematic of luke flying out the window) ..

- you fight vader to the bridge and kill him ( cinematic of you getting hand cut off) then like in LDJ's map you control where you fall n sutff... ) end level as you fall out of the bottom

well.. hope that inspired somone to do this hahaha.. thanks

Hmmm......
Uber Sith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-12-2002, 01:54 PM   #51
Livingdeadjedi

Thats exactly how i would do it to =]]

Old 12-12-2002, 02:19 PM   #52
nomad

You forgot one little battle with Boba Fett thrown in there for good measure.
I guess after a certain amount of damage, he just takes off with Han in a cinematic

Sir LDJ, your maps always call for great single play action because your attention to detail just draws you into the world that much deeper.
Thanks so much for this, I can't explain the fun I have with Bespin-Luke vs. Cheshire_Vader. (props to Hapslash, Sithlord, Cheshire, and Arco as well!!)

Every once and a while I find myself rediscovering how lucky we are that such awesome talent exists and makes so great an effort to add so much to this game.

Cheers to and for all!

-nomad

MTFBWY
Old 12-12-2002, 03:40 PM   #53
Kain
I'm a ghost

Current Game: Not so much.
Forum Veteran 10 year veteran! 
*boink* question?

i was goofin off on this map and i jumped off the thingy were luke lost his hand and i fell blah blah, but instead of dying *like i did SO many times before*, i fell into that little shaft that luke did. is there something i missed?
Kain is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-12-2002, 08:14 PM   #54
nomad

Re: *boink* question?

Quote:
Originally posted by MydnightPsion
is there something i missed?
Yes, a few posts in this thread.

-nomad

MTFBWY
Old 12-12-2002, 10:13 PM   #55
Kain
I'm a ghost

HA!! I DID READ IT ALL!!! AND NUTHIN THAT I SAID TOLD ME HOW TO FALL BACK INTO THAT SHAFT!!!
Old 12-13-2002, 01:37 AM   #56
nomad

Heh, that may be.

You just have to...

Use The Force

Heh, and perfect aim.

That's one helluva fun ride though, isn't it?

-nomad

MTFBWY
Old 12-13-2002, 01:43 AM   #57
Uber Sith

Nice to se that you took an interest in my idea LDJ

hope somone does do that though it would rock

Hmmm......
Uber Sith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-13-2002, 10:07 PM   #58
Kain
I'm a ghost

nomad's a wanker
Old 12-14-2002, 07:21 AM   #59
Livingdeadjedi

ok MydnightPsion
ill tell ya

best way is to stand on that sticking out part luke does, THEN just let ya self drop. switch to first person mode and guide yaself slightly more to the centre BUT do not touch keys when you start to enter tube as you will just slow yaself down. Another way is to fall into carbon room pit and on exiting aim as before.

Old 12-17-2002, 02:21 PM   #60
Livingdeadjedi

deleting 20% of the city would solve the shader problem in 1 fell swoop
in fact no one got the error till i added the landing pad area

I just made the viewable areas to large
it was ok with the pit and the chamber, but then adding the extra space outside tipped the scales

Now if this was SOF2 it would most probably be ok or even MOH

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Editing Central > Showcase forum > WIP carbonfreeze2 Update news