lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: Is having a running gauge cool or lame?
Cool 1 20.00%
Lame 4 80.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Cool Mods for JK2: Running Gauge
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-29-2002, 11:08 PM   #1
Marker0077

Cool Mods for JK2: Running Gauge

I'm eventually going to do my own mods for JK2, I already have a Cool Mods for MoHAA which is pretty popular, if they ever realease the SDK I will finish it. Anyways, this is about JK2. Here are some mods I was considering doing & wanted to know if you guys liked the ideas or not.

This is pretty much for people who run &/or jump way too much. It's a gauge like the force gauge on No Force servers, the more you jump, the more force taken away except this is for running & jumping, when the gauge runs out you're force to walk. This would be an option only of course.
Running would just keep the gauge from going up, it's jumping that really takes the gauge down. if you walk or stop, the gauge goes back up.

Cool Links
Star Wars Funnies
Cool Mods for Medal of Honor
Cool Mods for the Jedi Knight Series
Don't want to wait for Star Wars 3? Well here ya go!

In-Game Names
Marker0077 (normal name)
Obi-wannabe (practice name)
Bar Upstairs from AA Building (drinking name)

Contact Info
AOL, Yahoo, Jabber, & IRC (QuakeNet): Marker0077
Cool Mods E-Mail: MoH @ Cool-Mods.com or JK @ Cool-Mods.com
E-Mail & MSN IM: Marker0077 @ Hotmail.com (*** anywhere in subject or won't get email)

Last edited by Marker0077; 12-30-2002 at 12:07 AM.
Marker0077 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-30-2002, 12:39 AM   #2
Luc Solar
PH34R TEH INSANE JAWA!!!

Agh. I voted before I comprehended the part about "This would be an option only of course."

Options are *always* cool.

Otherwise I don't really see the point. I mean, when force is enabled, excessive jumping sucks it away. It already has a cost.

In no force duels with jump enabled this would serve a purpose, but since you can "out-roll" a runner and re-fill your gauge while doing it...I don't know? I might be missing something.

Got Honourz? Great.. I hope you choke on it!

I r0xx0r all j00 nooberz that mess with me. You nooberz suXor out of my way or I eat j00....

Most ridiculous Quote of the century: >)O(< ENmiTy: promoting mindless FFA and SD kills promotes disorderly conduct amoung the online community.

Last edited by Luc Solar; 12-30-2002 at 12:49 AM.
Luc Solar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-30-2002, 05:57 AM   #3
Marker0077

The point is for those dueling bunnys out there & also those fights that just take forever because both duelers are low on health & they are being extra catious, too catious & it makes the duel last forever.

Rolling would be added to the gauge as a factor also & you only use force jump from the force meter, not normal jump. Normal jump is like when you first start in SP, it's not very high. Once you jump extra high it no takes a little from the additional gauge, but mostly from the force gauge.

All I'm saying is is these guys run all the time, don't they ever get tired? I thought this might be a nice realism factor, anyways, just an idea.

Cool Links
Star Wars Funnies

In-Game Names
Marker0077 (normal name)

Contact Info
E-Mail & MSN IM: Marker0077 @ Hotmail.com (*** anywhere in subject or won't get email)
Old 12-30-2002, 10:13 PM   #4
Luc Solar
PH34R TEH INSANE JAWA!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Marker0077
I thought this might be a nice realism factor, anyways, just an idea.
If you're looking for realism, you might want to tweak Saber Throw a bit..?

Promod was supposed to make the throw pushable. A well-aimed push would knock the saber away/on the ground and leave the thrower quote vulnerable for a while. It seems hard to implement though(?).

I don't like tossers. You hit 'em once and the duel turns into a tossing-contest. Bleah.

I r0xx0r all j00 nooberz that mess with me. You nooberz suXor out of my way or I eat j00....

Most ridiculous Quote of the century: >)O(< ENmiTy: promoting mindless FFA and SD kills promotes disorderly conduct amoung the online community.
Old 12-31-2002, 01:48 AM   #5
Kstar__2
chaos

prevent people from running how on earth would you fight a battle, w/o being able to run around don't think it would be a good idea, the jumping thing on the other hand, it could be handy, but i haven't seen one jump spammer in jk2MP (w/o bots! )

+[size=0.5]http://kstar.deviantart.com[/size]
Kstar__2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-31-2002, 02:55 AM   #6
Luc Solar
PH34R TEH INSANE JAWA!!!

LOL! Yeah...I remember the first time I fought bots on a map with no bot support! Oh man... did they spam jump or what!! Those bastards! It took me ages to kill 'em!

Btw - If you have tons of ideas for a mod, Marker0077, please share. A certain feature may seem like a bad idea if it was implemented in 1.04, but might make sense in the new context-thingie you're trying to build here...if you know what I mean.

Old 12-31-2002, 04:26 AM   #7
BlackDove
Resident Jackass

I can't run jump and roll in real life forever so at least I'd like to be able to do that forever in game

There are only two constants in this world.
1. I kill you.
2. You cry for a lightsabre damage nerf.
BlackDove is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-31-2002, 10:41 AM   #8
Marker0077

Quote:
Originally posted by Luc Solar
If you're looking for realism, you might want to tweak Saber Throw a bit..?

Promod was supposed to make the throw pushable. A well-aimed push would knock the saber away/on the ground and leave the thrower quote vulnerable for a while. It seems hard to implement though(?).

I don't like tossers. You hit 'em once and the duel turns into a tossing-contest. Bleah.
Nice idea. I'm not a big throw fan myself for the same reason as kick, it's just not where the fight is, but I can play either way. I think throw is fine if it's done the way JediPlus is, if you block the throw, the saber drops to the floor, this prevents it from becoming a throwing contest as there are reprecussions if you do not throw & hit the opponent.

Cool Links
Star Wars Funnies

In-Game Names
Marker0077 (normal name)

Contact Info
Old 12-31-2002, 10:44 AM   #9
Marker0077

Quote:
Originally posted by kstar__2
prevent people from running how on earth would you fight a battle, w/o being able to run around don't think it would be a good idea, the jumping thing on the other hand, it could be handy, but i haven't seen one jump spammer in jk2MP (w/o bots! )
It doesn't prevent you from running as long as you don't excessively use jump/roll. The actual running aspect barely even effects the gauge.

Cool Links
Star Wars Funnies

In-Game Names
Marker0077 (normal name)

Contact Info
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > Cool Mods for JK2: Running Gauge