lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: {WIP}TSL Ultimate Lightsaber project
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-24-2005, 08:04 PM   #161
Mav
8-Bit Code Monkey

Current Game: SWTOR
I don't know if you've noticed ChAiNz, but I have been working on a couple of saber models, seperate from anybody's pack, it will actually be my first solo mod for TSL, imagine that...lol, anyway, don't waste your time worrying about compatibility for that mod, because I'll include a rather detailed upcrystals.2da tutorial for it, so no worries there, good luck

"Women are like sunsets… they’re beautiful, but there will be a different one tomorrow." - Gilder
Mav is offline   you may:
Old 03-25-2005, 01:52 PM   #162
JediKnight72482
Lurker

i definately like mira's saber, heh. that shade of green just fits her.
great job so far guys!
JediKnight72482 is offline   you may:
Old 03-25-2005, 01:58 PM   #163
T7nowhere
Did you reset?

Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Helpful! Notable contributor 
Quote:
Originally posted by JediKnight72482
i definately like mira's saber, heh. that shade of green just fits her.
great job so far guys!
Thanks, I think it does as well.
T7nowhere is offline   you may:
Old 03-25-2005, 03:21 PM   #164
Jeff
Rating: Awesome

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Notable contributor LFN Staff Member 
All these screenshots look awesome guys, I can't wait for them to come out! Keep up the good work.

Follow me on Twitter
Follow StarWarsMMO.net on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
Jeff is offline   you may:
Old 03-26-2005, 04:17 PM   #165
ChAiNz.2da
Leave Everything to Me!

Quote:
Originally posted by maverick187
I don't know if you've noticed ChAiNz, but I have been working on a couple of saber models, seperate from anybody's pack, it will actually be my first solo mod for TSL, imagine that...lol, anyway, don't waste your time worrying about compatibility for that mod, because I'll include a rather detailed upcrystals.2da tutorial for it, so no worries there, good luck
No worries man, but I'll probably wind up adding them anyways hehehe...

I've caught up on the USM upcrystals.2da, adding the changes here and there. Just let me know if the hilts you release have an upcrystals.2da included (or is required). I've got a nice little system setup so I can add lines at my leisure without screwing up my previous entries.

I'm trying to maintain the USM sabers in numerical order of the model so it's easier to find what models have been used and such. (seeing as there's quite a bit of them )

Also, while I'm here. Just to let everyone know, I've added the additional stats to my portion of the sabers today. Don't be looking for anything overpowered as TSL's upgrades already make it quite possible to make an UBER-saber. The stats are minor, but at least it's something to make them a bit more unique than the 'standards'

"Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines"

| Mods (FF) (DS) | Folding | SWK.com | FB: (LF) (Me) | Steam | The Herd |
ChAiNz.2da is offline   you may:
Old 03-26-2005, 04:35 PM   #166
Bob Lion54
Jr. Malkavian Detective

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
ChAiNz.2da - Also, while I'm here. Just to let everyone know, I've added the additional stats to my portion of the sabers today. Don't be looking for anything overpowered as TSL's upgrades already make it quite possible to make an UBER-saber. The stats are minor, but at least it's something to make them a bit more unique than the 'standards'
That is a very good idea. In my opinion, with Kotor 1, you almost had do download an Uber-sabre to do any real damage. With Kotor 2, they went a bit to far in the other direction. Sometimes I will have an very powerful Sabre by 3rd planet. I think a slight tweek would be good though.

Stupid question- How do I get the "Originally posted by" message to appear. I can't figure it out. Sorry for the dumb question
Bob Lion54 is offline   you may:
Old 03-26-2005, 04:49 PM   #167
ChAiNz.2da
Leave Everything to Me!

Quote:
Originally posted by Lion54
question- How do I get the "Originally posted by" message to appear. I can't figure it out.
Press the "quote" button to the lower right of the post you're wanting to quote. It will automatically add the "Originally... blah blah" to it

Old 03-26-2005, 05:00 PM   #168
Bob Lion54
Jr. Malkavian Detective

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally posted by ChAiNz.2da
Press the "quote" button to the lower right of the post you're wanting to quote. It will automatically add the "Originally... blah blah" to it
Thanks chainz,
I knew it was right in front of my face. At least I may take solice in the fact that I reconized my stupidity.

Sorry about asking that here. I was going to edit my message and ask it in the Trouble Shooting Forum, but Chainz answered me before I got the chance
Old 03-26-2005, 05:09 PM   #169
ChAiNz.2da
Leave Everything to Me!

Quote:
Sorry about asking that here. I was going to edit my message and ask it in the Trouble Shooting Forum, but Chainz answered me before I got the chance
That's kewl, but now you're required to download this mod once it's released hehehe

Glad I could help out

Old 03-26-2005, 05:32 PM   #170
Bob Lion54
Jr. Malkavian Detective

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
That's kewl, but now you're required to download this mod once it's released hehehe

Glad I could help out
*salutes* Aye, Captain.

This mod has some of the best Holowan modders working on it. I will download it the second I see it up on pcgamemods!!!
Old 03-26-2005, 08:14 PM   #171
Shadow Blaze

Quote:
*salutes* Aye, Captain.

This mod has some of the best Holowan modders working on it. I will download it the second I see it up on pcgamemods!!!
You and me both. Right when it goes up my mouse will be fired up and ready to hit "download." I hope it will be out soon though But I wouldn't want it rushed at all.

And if you need anyone to help test I am ready to volunteer lol. Yeah doubt that would happen though lol.

Hk-47-"Query: Now is there any other horrors you wish to insert in my system, or is your electronic butchery done?"

My WIP Thread

Last edited by Shadow Blaze; 03-27-2005 at 01:42 AM.
Shadow Blaze is offline   you may:
Old 03-27-2005, 03:55 AM   #172
Mav
8-Bit Code Monkey

Quote:
*hides in corner* I've been here a while, and I just learned that as of 5 seconds ago.... ah well you learn something new everyday...

"Women are like sunsets… they’re beautiful, but there will be a different one tomorrow." - Gilder
Old 03-27-2005, 05:28 AM   #173
Colma Adawin
Supreme Jedi Master

Quote:
*hides in corner* I've been here a while, and I just learned that as of 5 seconds ago.... ah well you learn something new everyday...
Thats our Mav!

MattCole

just kiddin Bud

This is the Jedi Code a Supreme Jedi Master should follow:

There is no emotion; there is peace.
There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.
There is no passion; there is serenity.
There is no death; there is the Force.
Colma Adawin is offline   you may:
Old 03-27-2005, 02:59 PM   #174
ChAiNz.2da
Leave Everything to Me!

Okie Dokie boys & girls... here's an update.

The upcrystals.2da is 95% done. Still waiting on a few models under construction, but our tally so far is 262 lines!

Here's a list of the compatible Mods. As stated before, I'll be checking out new releases and add them as we go, but there will be a cut-off time. The upcrystals.2da will be the final thing I turnover to T7 whenever models are finished, the scripting is done & we're ready for testing (wouldn't make sense to start testing and add stuff mid-stream)...

So here's your chance. If you have (or know of) a saber mod that is either not represented in the list below, or anticipate a saber mod release in the near future... let me know ASAP please!

(you caught me off-guard Mav, your curved hilt mod didn't have a .2da so I almost overlooked it until I re-read the readme). If anyone else has done this, bring it to my attention. I basically just look into a mod to see if it has a .2da so I may overlook it if one's not included

Once the deadline hits, no matter how big your saber mod is, I won't have the chance to update ours... so get that grey matter thinking

However, remember that any model over #99 I can't add due to conflicts... sorry bout that...and I won't add saber mods that adjust the original in-game sabers due to me not wanting to make decisions for others

Compatibility List... thus far:
  • upcrystals.2da
  • Darkkender's Guardian Saber
  • RedHawke & Maverick187's Prestiege Class
  • RedHawke's Exile Item Pack
  • Xcom's SH Crystal Pack
  • Shadow's Saber Pack
  • Shadow's Odyssey Saber
  • Jetstorm's & Darkkender's Lightsaber Crystal Expansion
  • Maverick187's Megido & Avenger Sabers
  • Maverick187's Jedi W.M. Mav Model
  • ChAiNz.2da's Darksword
  • The Ossus Keeper's Black Beam Sabers
  • Prydeless' Pink Lightsaber

baseitems.2da:
  • Darkkender's Segan Wyndh v2 mod
  • Darkkender's Painted Droids mod
  • Drakonnen's Jedi v Sith Armor Pack
  • ChAiNz.2da's Darksword

::EDIT::
Removed Maverick187's curved hilt. It was a KotOR I model. Thank you for the heads up Mav!
I also added the Medigo & Avenger models

4-3-05 - Added baseitems compatibility. Includes Darkkender's & Drakonnen's mods. Also added Mav's Jedi W.M. Model

4-5-05 - Added Darkkender's Painted Droids mod. It was actually always there, I just somehow managed to forget to include it in the list
Also added my Darksword mod to the mix (both upcrystals & baseitems)

5-7-05 - Added The Ossus Keeper's Black Beam Sabers & Prydeless' Pink Lightsaber

Last edited by ChAiNz.2da; 05-09-2005 at 08:16 AM.
Old 03-27-2005, 03:20 PM   #175
Shadow Blaze

Yay just a few more models, some upcrystals editing, and testing and it is done Nice work everyone. Heh heh so ChAiNz.2da was editing the upcrystals.2da fun with the 220 lines? lol

Hk-47-"Query: Now is there any other horrors you wish to insert in my system, or is your electronic butchery done?"

My WIP Thread
Old 03-27-2005, 03:41 PM   #176
Darkkender
Knight of Holowan

Current Game: Star Wars The Old Republic
Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally posted by Shadow Blaze
Yay just a few more models, some upcrystals editing, and testing and it is done Nice work everyone. Heh heh so ChAiNz.2da was editing the upcrystals.2da fun with the 220 lines? lol
*Steps up as the hired muscle*
You need not be giving Mr Chainz.2da such a hard time.

But on a serious not it looks like you have everybody Chainz. Going down the list I think that has covered all of the saber releases in my archives as well.

Working so, we will learn history as a tree knows it; we will climb into shapes printed in the seed; we will become time made visible, years made fragrant; we will make of concentric memory a stem of praise; we will inhabit daylight at a trees own speed; we will be travelers who remain, patriots to this ground.
OMG I only rank 62.13018% geek or a Extreme Geek as it is referred to on the geektest at Geektest
[TSL]Holowan Plugin
Darkkender is offline   you may:
Old 03-27-2005, 03:48 PM   #177
ChAiNz.2da
Leave Everything to Me!

Quote:
Originally posted by Shadow Blaze Heh heh so ChAiNz.2da was editing the upcrystals.2da fun with the 220 lines? lol
It was great! I would suggest anyone to do it hehehe

Well, a BIG Thank You goes out to Darkkender whose first 54 lines of the .2da I unscrupously (sp) "borrowed"

Thanks to DK, I still have a little sanity left

Also, big thanks to svösh who added his own 54 lines... so basically, I just slacked and filled in the rest w00t!

Old 03-27-2005, 03:49 PM   #178
Shadow Blaze

Quote:
Originally posted by Darkkender
*Steps up as the hired muscle*
You need not be giving Mr Chainz.2da such a hard time.
Heh lol well that was unexpected. Anyways don't worry ChAiNz I won't be adding any more lines for you since I probably won't get my expansion pack out for a while I still have to make icons, edit one blade, remember where I put the other files lol, and other stuff too.

I guess that is good news after that huge upcrystals.2da edit.

My WIP Thread
Old 03-27-2005, 03:56 PM   #179
Mav
8-Bit Code Monkey

ChAiNz,

Hey I'm going to release a little saber model pack either today or tommorrow.(I just have to write the readme file) anyway here is the line you need to add, if you want compatibility:

next#/MavModels_Crystal/mav_drkcrst001/mav_w_mgdssbr01/mav_w_mgdsbr01/mav_w_avgrsbr01
obviously disregard the /'s

That's it just one line

Mav

Old 03-27-2005, 04:00 PM   #180
Shadow Blaze

Quote:
ChAiNz,

Hey I'm going to release a little saber model pack either today or tommorrow.(I just have to write the readme file) anyway here is the line you need to add, if you want compatibility:

next#/MavModels_Crystal/mav_drkcrst001/mav_w_mgdssbr01/mav_w_mgdsbr01/mav_w_avgrsbr01

That's it just one line

Mav
Hopefully today! I was waiting for these

My WIP Thread
Old 03-27-2005, 04:04 PM   #181
Darkkender
Knight of Holowan

Veteran Modder 
Quote:
ChAiNz,

That's it just one line

Mav
What model variation numbers will those be using in game as model variation "01" would conflict with a default saber model.

Working so, we will learn history as a tree knows it; we will climb into shapes printed in the seed; we will become time made visible, years made fragrant; we will make of concentric memory a stem of praise; we will inhabit daylight at a trees own speed; we will be travelers who remain, patriots to this ground.
OMG I only rank 62.13018% geek or a Extreme Geek as it is referred to on the geektest at Geektest
[TSL]Holowan Plugin
Old 03-27-2005, 04:07 PM   #182
ChAiNz.2da
Leave Everything to Me!

Quote:
anyway here is the line you need to add, if you want compatibility
It's added

and thanks for the advanced heads up

Quote:
Originally posted by Shadow Blaze
I still have to make icons, edit one blade, remember where I put the other files lol, and other stuff too.
Heheh... sounds like my "filing" system. I've got stuff strewn about everywhere with about 3-4 backups. I have to order by date so I know which one is the most recent

If you happen to get your mod released before us (we still have a few things to accomplish) don't hesitate to let us know. I'll have an "Official" announcement once our updating upcrystals deadline hits..

Hmmm.. just saw your post DK. Yes, indeed Mav... if you can clarify which model var it is I'd be greatly appreciative I'd hate to take it out of the .2da, but I have to stick to my 'rules'...

Last edited by ChAiNz.2da; 03-27-2005 at 04:26 PM.
Old 03-27-2005, 04:16 PM   #183
Darkkender
Knight of Holowan

Veteran Modder 
Quote:
It's added

and thanks for the advanced heads up

Heheh... sounds like my "filing" system. I've got stuff strewn about everywhere with about 3-4 backups. I have to order by date so I know which one is the most recent

If you happen to get your mod released before us (we still have a few things to accomplish) don't hesitate to let us know. I'll have an "Official" announcement once our updating upcrystals deadline hits..

Hmmm.. just saw your post DK. Yes, indeed Mav... if you can clarify which model var it is I'd be greatly appreciative I'd hate to take it out of the .2da, but I have to stick to my my 'rules'...
Sounds as bad as me except I have 3-4 archives of every mod update revisions I've done scattered across my hard drives. That doesn't even count the unarchived versions of these mods and there scripts.

[TSL]Holowan Plugin
Old 03-27-2005, 04:17 PM   #184
Juha Avery

YAY! So if i get this right with my peanut brains, the mod is allmost complete??

Allways do your best no matter what you do, cause if you dont, you will never know how wonderful you are.
Juha Avery is offline   you may:
Old 03-27-2005, 04:27 PM   #185
Shadow Blaze

Quote:
Sounds as bad as me except I have 3-4 archives of every mod update revisions I've done scattered across my hard drives. That doesn't even count the unarchived versions of these mods and there scripts.
I guess we all have rather terrible "filing systems" lol.

My WIP Thread
Old 03-27-2005, 04:47 PM   #186
Mav
8-Bit Code Monkey

i used model variation numbers .... 089

w_lghtsbr_089
w_shortsbr_089
w_dblsbr_089

I checked my override with all of the mods I've downloaded and I don't think that those .mdls were used.. correct me if I'm wrong though because I'm about to release it.

Old 03-27-2005, 05:08 PM   #187
Shadow Blaze

I don't know of any lightsaber mods using model variation 89 so you should be fine Mav.

My WIP Thread
Old 03-27-2005, 07:22 PM   #188
T7nowhere
Did you reset?

OK a bit of an update, But First I just want to thank everyone for being so patient and not pestering us(too much) about when its gonna be released. I know it seems like its taking forever to make this mod, But its gonna be worth the wait. And really its only been a couple weeks.

We are getting closer. I have to fix a hand placment on one model and finnish the icons for Mira's But thats easy stuff.

As far as Item placement is going, I am making progress I have about 15 game encounters edited currently with 8-10 to go. It doesn't sound like much But there is a bit of research involed in making it work Oh and if other modders are interested I have had to edit several onload scripts(well rename) But I'm keeping meticulous records of what I have had to edit and will be included with the mod. So if any future mods will need to use the same onload script it won't be a problem to make it compatible with USM.

Once that is done I still have a bit of dialog editing to add some extra surprizes. I'm not expecting to have much difficulty with that though.

So our mod won't be out tommorrow. But it is getting very close
Old 03-27-2005, 07:31 PM   #189
Nodakrattler

This all looks great guys.

I was just wondering about how big is this download going to be? Cause not everybody has the pleasure of a highspeed connection.

Through this world we fight for good or for evil it does not matter. In the end all that really matters is that we choose and go forth.
Nodakrattler is offline   you may:
Old 03-27-2005, 07:43 PM   #190
T7nowhere
Did you reset?

^^^Big, Right now its 38 megs But I only have 2 of Svösh's models so once I have all of his that will probably add another 10 megs to the mod. But in the grand scheme of mods its positively tiny. I have DL'd mods in the past in excess of 600-900 megs
Old 03-27-2005, 08:02 PM   #191
envida
Rookie

I'm really looking forward to this mod

38 mb is nothing

envida is offline   you may:
Old 03-27-2005, 08:37 PM   #192
Nodakrattler

Quote:
Originally posted by T7nowhere
^^^Big, Right now its 38 megs But I only have 2 of Svösh's models so once I have all of his that will probably add another 10 megs to the mod. But in the grand scheme of mods its positively tiny. I have DL'd mods in the past in excess of 600-900 megs
I've downloaded a few like that before too. Guess I'll just do what I did with those. Take a blank CD-R/W into work .
Just don't tell the big guys, the comp's are for official use only.

Through this world we fight for good or for evil it does not matter. In the end all that really matters is that we choose and go forth.
Old 03-27-2005, 10:13 PM   #193
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Current Game: Ass Effect
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Do you have any idea when the mod will be out? I've almost beat my current game in TSL, and I'd love to start my new game with all those hilts... Speaking of hilts, there are two things:

Will your party member's hilts be able to have different blade colors? (such as red)

How many double-bladed hilts will there be for the Exile?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
We will be great failures one day, you and I
Emperor Devon is offline   you may:
Old 03-27-2005, 10:50 PM   #194
Darkkender
Knight of Holowan

Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally posted by T7nowhere
If you were to compress the mod into a self extracting exe like the holowan plugin. Do you think it would reduce the file size?

Oh and which KOTOR mods are over 100mb in archived format. The largest I ever saw before extraction was the Holowan Plugin. Of course If we were ever to do the uber KOTOR 1 Holowan Plugin then it would be upwards to the 400+ MB file archive size.

[TSL]Holowan Plugin
Old 03-27-2005, 10:53 PM   #195
Shadow Blaze

Quote:
If you were to compress the mod into a self extracting exe like the holowan plugin. Do you think it would reduce the file size?

Oh and which KOTOR mods are over 100mb in archived format. The largest I ever saw before extraction was the Holowan Plugin. Of course If we were ever to do the uber KOTOR 1 Holowan Plugin then it would be upwards to the 400+ MB file archive size.
I was wondering this as well I haven't seen a mod near the size of over 100mb either.

My WIP Thread
Old 03-27-2005, 11:51 PM   #196
Nodakrattler

Quote:

I think T7 may have been reffering to mods for other games, which is where I ran into those size downloads. I've never seen one that big for Kotor or TSL myself.

Old 03-28-2005, 12:14 AM   #197
T7nowhere
Did you reset?

Ya I was really Thinking about TC's for games like BFV.
Old 03-28-2005, 10:57 PM   #198
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Any idea when this mod will be out? I can't wait!

Quote:
Old 03-28-2005, 11:28 PM   #199
T7nowhere
Did you reset?

Old 03-29-2005, 12:01 AM   #200
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Do you have any idea WHEN, though? A few days, a week?

Quote:
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > {WIP}TSL Ultimate Lightsaber project