lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: The Official 'Help with Coruscant' (Droids) thread *SPOILERS*
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-19-2003, 01:41 PM   #1
barresm
Lurker

Help Please - Question on How to Defeat... [SPOILERS]

I am stuck at a certain point and wondering if I am going about things all wrong.

spoiler:

I am on the mission in the 2nd group of 5 where you go to Coruscant to capture a crimeboss who has been selling assassin droids. About 1/2 way through the maze of building tops to get to the boss's building, I ran across a droid with some kind of shield. I assume this is the assassin droid they are talking about. Anyway, I tried all kinds of things to kill this bugger. I couldnt find anything that seemed to hurt it. I bypassed the droid and moved on. I figured at the time that they were meant to be avoided. Well when I finally made it to the boss hq, he hides himself and locks the door. Out comes 4 of these freaking droids. I couldn't even figure out how to take out one of them. I looked around for a secret exit to no avail. How on God's green earth can I defeat these things??
barresm is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-19-2003, 02:11 PM   #2
-BLaCKouT-
Clone Brutality

Easiest thing to do
spoiler:
is to get killed, choose new mission and restart the mission from scratch. Most of it's easy enough second time round. Only make sure you choose the DEMP-2 gun, this takes out the droids in 2-3 shots. Which makes the end easy.

B.

Men are from Mars. Women are from Venus. ULCER are from Margate...
-BLaCKouT- is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-19-2003, 02:16 PM   #3
barresm
Lurker

Thanks for the info. I thought that was what I was going to have to get a Demp gun.
barresm is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-19-2003, 02:19 PM   #4
SpaceButler13
Rookie

Nah, don't need a gun. Wait till they shoot, force speed, and hit them while the shield is down.
SpaceButler13 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-19-2003, 02:28 PM   #5
StormHammer
Fallen Jedi

10 year veteran! 
Quote:
Originally posted by SpaceButler13
Nah, don't need a gun. Wait till they shoot, force speed, and hit them while the shield is down.
That's exactly what I did. I found that six or seven hits from the lightsaber turns them into so much scrap metal. If you have fast stance, use that - it blocks most of their incoming blaster shots - and stand just beyond the influence of their shields. As soon as their shield goes down, hit Force Speed and start hacking away. You'll have a good few seconds to get some slashes in (but you won't take it down within the time available before the shield comes up). Just wait until the shield goes down a second time, rinse and repeat, and you should have a dismembered droid flopping around your feet.

Use exactly the same tactic on the four droids at the end of the level - just make sure you don't allow any of them to flank you, so you can deflect their blaster fire. Take them down one at a time.

Hope that helps.
StormHammer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-19-2003, 03:21 PM   #6
samiam9
Lurker

That's exactly how I did it fast style plus speed when shield is down. Worked great.
samiam9 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-21-2003, 03:43 PM   #7
podunk

Assasin Droids

They keep ruling me. How do I get rid of 'em? I think it has something to do with timing their sheilds off and hitting them with lightsaber?

I'm sure this has already been posted before but I couldn't find it.

Search: "Sorry. The search function has been disabled by the administrator."

Lame lame lame.

thanks
podunk is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-21-2003, 03:45 PM   #8
t3rr0r
Goblet of Fire

try using explosives or lightning if you want to stay away from their shields.

overlord
t3rr0r is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-21-2003, 03:46 PM   #9
JarJarBinks
Rookie

Just wait till their shields turn off then either whack them with a strong stance swing (if you have it) or throw your saber at them. Be quick though or you'll get stuck in their shields and you'll die.
JarJarBinks is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-21-2003, 03:47 PM   #10
Clemme w/Stick
Forum Guest

Just stand in front of them, at a reasonable distance of course. Block their shots and wait for them to drop their shield. When they lower their shield throw your saber, and keep continuating this process until they fall. It takes time but its the easiest way to do it.

-Clemme

Thx for the sig/av combo GothiX
Clemme w/Stick is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-21-2003, 03:55 PM   #11
NerfYoda
Grumpy Old Man

Thats what I did. Throw 'em to death.

aka DJ Sith of the Jedi Academy
My car is made of Nerf.
NerfYoda is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-21-2003, 03:58 PM   #12
Krause
Rookie

Or just use the Demp-2, that finishes em off quickly
Krause is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-21-2003, 03:59 PM   #13
Comm539
Banned

hmmm just get the demp emp gun and it just takes 2-3 shots of that. Plus, once you got the first shot, the droids disabled for a few seconds so he can't fire back.
Comm539 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-21-2003, 04:03 PM   #14
-BLaCKouT-
Clone Brutality

Just what I was going to say, you two
That's what the DEMP gun's designed for

Yeah, you've got to re-start the mission, but the beginning bit of it's easier the second time round.

B.

Men are from Mars. Women are from Venus. ULCER are from Margate...
-BLaCKouT- is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-21-2003, 04:11 PM   #15
JarJarBinks
Rookie

I never take the DEMP-2, it's only useful against robots, and how many levels do you fight robots? I always take the disrupter and the bowcaster/flechette/concussion rifle for the first/second/third set of missions.
JarJarBinks is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-21-2003, 05:41 PM   #16
|GG|Carl
Invisible

I just standed besides it with force protect, and when the shield goes down, make a fast cut versus him, and then back of. repeat lots of times works best with red saber style.
|GG|Carl is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-21-2003, 05:48 PM   #17
Chrondeath

I killed them all with the light stance roll-stab. Timed it so I rolled in right when the shield went down, and they usually collapsed just before I stood up again. If it didn't work, I think I had just enough time to back off before the shield went up again. This was on Jedi Knight difficulty, so it may not work if they have more health on Jedi Master.
Chrondeath is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-21-2003, 06:39 PM   #18
Darth Talliusc
High King of Lordaeron

silly kids. my method was probably faster then any of yours

when starting the mission select detonation packs as your explosive. when the 4 droids are spawned they will be in a small room off to the side very close to each other. force speed. run up and drop 2 det packs (one pack can kill 3 of em but you want em all gone quickly) make sure their shields are OFF when you detonate and huzzah!

in the words of jar jar "dumb droids".

The shroud of the dark emperor Divine Spirit has fallen.

*~*Master in the Sith Academy*~*

walk into the light and you are blinded.

walk away from the light and your path is illuminated.

I answer the call of frostmourne alone.

it hungers.
Darth Talliusc is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-21-2003, 07:50 PM   #19
qweazdak
Rookie

its kind off topic but are there enemies (on any map) or locations that drop the demp gun? or can it only be picked up at the weapon select menu? I found no use for it until I read this thread. I guess i did it the hard way.
qweazdak is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-21-2003, 07:58 PM   #20
Comm539
Banned

Im on last level and i haven't ever picked it up. I always carry it. Use saber on everything but turrets and robots. It comes in handy in the later levels. :P
Comm539 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-21-2003, 08:56 PM   #21
cayqel
Rookie

There is one location i remember were you can find it...

{spoiler}

In Vjun there's a dual (?) sabered reborn you fight next to a long table surrounded by droid parts, amung the driod parts is a demp.

I got my arm cut off again? You've got to be kidding me!
----------------
The only honor is victory.
cayqel is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-22-2003, 09:14 AM   #22
Razielssword
Lurker

Question Assassin Droids

How do you kill these guys!?!?!?

Everything dies, I just wanna be good at it
Razielssword is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-22-2003, 09:16 AM   #23
[PMOH] Wolf-Man
Rookie

spoiler:
Use the DEMP2 gun, it pwns them.
[PMOH] Wolf-Man is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-22-2003, 09:21 AM   #24
Starfire13
Rookie

Use the gun that shoots electric bolts. No. 7, I think. The one that looks a little like a blunderbus. Three shots, and their down, and you don't even need to wait for their shields to go down.

The Zero-G Troopers are another story, though. I've yet to find an effective strategy for taking them down.

Starfire
I am the "who" when you call "Who's there?"...
I am the wind blowing through your hair...
Starfire13 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-22-2003, 09:27 AM   #25
Razielssword
Lurker

Stafire13
Thanks.
Spoiler
As for the Zero G troopers I used Jedi Mind trick they stay there for ages.[COLOR=skyblue]
spoiler:

Everything dies, I just wanna be good at it
Razielssword is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-22-2003, 10:03 AM   #26
EvilKnick

Yes, you could use a gun or blaster, but a jedi would not resort to such tactics

If you want to kill them with your saber easily, this is my method.

Use the blue "fast" stance.

Just sit there crouched right on the outer reach of their force feild and wait for them to drop it ( they cant shoot with their force fields up).

As soon as they do lower the field, do the

crouch + forward + attack

instant kill hit with your saber there you swoop it forward and up.

It takes about 3-4 hits with this method.

If your succumbing to the darkside, and you have force lightning, this is also very effective against the assassin droids.

Very effective indeed,.....
EvilKnick is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-22-2003, 10:06 AM   #27
vandannski
Lurker

Wait for them to drop the shields, put force speed on, and the kata move for fast stance. If you dont have the fast stance, just any combo of moves. They should drop before their shield comes back up.
vandannski is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-22-2003, 10:15 AM   #28
Sivy
coming soon

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally posted by vandannski
Wait for them to drop the shields, put force speed on, and the kata move for fast stance. If you dont have the fast stance, just any combo of moves. They should drop before their shield comes back up.
ditto

throw in a bit of force ligtning in there too
Sivy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-22-2003, 01:57 PM   #29
The Guvner
Lurker

New here,

I like to Mind Trick the Zero G Troopers on to my side, get them to do some work for me, then in payment slice them up with the saber.

How's that for employment terms and conditions.

Cheers,

Guv
The Guvner is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-22-2003, 02:36 PM   #30
JDKnite188

Ah, let the jedi speak!

You pathetic mortals, a true jedi would not resort to the random weaponry as opposed to executing the opponent with a saber!

Even though it takes time, slash the Assassin Droid when their shield deactivates and they fire on you. Remember that you only have a few seconds.

Cheers,
JDKnite188

Hopin' LEC is going to get on track and bring us a decent JK for the JKers of 1997.
JDKnite188 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-22-2003, 02:44 PM   #31
Starfire13
Rookie

The lightsaber is the preferred weapon of the Jedi. It's not their only weapon. They know how to shoot as well, you know.

Personally, I don't think Jedis would have any qualms against using a blaster when the situation calls for it. For example, Luke still used his blaster even after getting his lightsaber.

Starfire
I am the "who" when you call "Who's there?"...
I am the wind blowing through your hair...
Starfire13 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-22-2003, 03:01 PM   #32
Nobel Jedi
Rookie

i found the easyest way of you all...
just wait till they drop shields, and throw your saber just far enough that it stays in them, and they will be dead in like 2 sec

'Do or do not, there is no try' -Jedi Master Yoda-
Nobel Jedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-22-2003, 03:35 PM   #33
DeliriumenD
Rookie

Two words: Thermal Detonator (probably just butchered the word Detenator..or however you spell the damn word.)

I also did the lightsaber trick.

Jedi Mind Trick is a great way to beat the hover troopers.

However, is there an easier way to beat the troopers in the huge bulky armor than using the gun you get when you hit 9 (I think it's the Concussion Rifle). Whenever I go close to saber, I get a few hits in, then they backhand me and shoot me with the gun I started using to fry them.

And yes, the Lightsaber is the symbol of the jedi, and is a tool of their trade with multiple uses. Some jedi only use lightsabers, but the ones with practical combat experience (like Corran Horn and Kyle Katarn (your master in the game ) ) know that sometimes "Hokey religions and ancient fossils are no match for a good blaster at your side" even if said fossil is a "more elegant weapon from a more civilized age".

Elegance and finesse are great, but sometimes raw power fits the job better after all.
DeliriumenD is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-23-2003, 05:27 AM   #34
JediMeister

Hey all, I found this out my second time through the game. The first time I used the speed + slash away method, but that took several repetitions and I would forget to back up by the time the shield came back up. So, the second time around, I just turned on speed and did the roll stab, doesn't particularly matter which style, as long as it connects. One stab was usually enough to dismantle the droid into its components. Oh, and this was on Jedi difficulty, so I dunno if they have more HP or whatever on higher difficulties.

"Size matters not."-Yoda

"There is no emotion; there is peace. There is no ignorance; there is knowledge. There is no passion; there is serenity. There is no death; there is the Force"-the Jedi Code
JediMeister is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-23-2003, 07:48 AM   #35
idontlikegeorge

Location: Striking fear into the hearts of Demolicans and Republicrats.
Just time it right, a single roll+stab will kill a full health assassin droid.

In the room with 4 of them, I chucked a few detonators in there, if you get enough in there before they start leaving the room, you can maybe get 2 of them.

But yeah, always choose a DEMP gun. One of the most versatile but underused/rated weapons. And considering you can pick up many other weapons from any common enemy, why not take a DEMP? They come in handy often enough.

The ruin droid enemies, good on heavy troopers as well - and can even stun a standard Rancor (haven't tried the mutated one)!

I don't like quake, never liked quake, and don't like Star Wars quake. So basically jk2mp.exe never gets used on my computer.

Shaving is not a high priority with Jedi. Would you want to shave with a lightsaber?
idontlikegeorge is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-25-2003, 07:31 PM   #36
UnfrozenCaveman

Help with Rogue Mission! *spoiler*

Okay, I'm at the very end of the mission when four of those bots that have the forcefield are after me. I see to the right of the room is a door with a panel, and i press on the panel to open the door but nothing happens... and i can't figure out how to kill the bots either. help!

Ebik, Rodian Holo Grinder Extrodinare

APST = |337
UnfrozenCaveman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-25-2003, 07:35 PM   #37
yoda_alex

This is the one with the assassin droids right? You have to kill them, then the misson will end automatically.

This is one of the few times you should listen to the mission briefing. As you'll be facing droids the DEMP2 is useful. Two rounds into each droid should do the trick.

The one time I tried to close with one of these guys I got a nasty shock - the DEMP2 is pretty essential IMHO
yoda_alex is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-25-2003, 07:58 PM   #38
JediMeister

I suspect other people on the other thread regarding this mission have already mentioned this, but its a few pages down in the forums, so I'll save you the trouble looking for it. If you didn't bring along the demp, don't worry. Turn on speed when their shields go down, run, and do the rolling stab with forward + crouch + primary attack. One should be enough to kill each. If you can't do the stab, just use your saber and slice once or twice. Any more slices and you won't run away in time to avoid its shield turning back on.

"Size matters not."-Yoda

"There is no emotion; there is peace. There is no ignorance; there is knowledge. There is no passion; there is serenity. There is no death; there is the Force"-the Jedi Code
JediMeister is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-26-2003, 01:24 PM   #39
txa1265
Father Jedi

Forum Veteran 
Let me sum up what I've seen

(no particular order)

#1: DEMP - what it exists for
#2: DET Packs - make sure shield is down
#3: TDet's
#4: Force Lightning - for you DarkSiders!
#5: Speed & Saber - make sure you are close, hit fast, and get out.

> Saber techniques:
- Lots o'swings
- Throw - just make sure it doesn't get trapped in the shield
- 'Fast' lunge
- Rolling Stab

Mike

Dopelar effect (n.) The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they come at you rapidly.
txa1265 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-26-2003, 04:04 PM   #40
ganjalf
Rookie

OMG how long have u people been playim games

its easy when u use lightning on level 3 with ur saber off it does twice as much damage (cos u use both hands) as soon as shields go off strafe left and right toasting them they die in about 2 secinds flat on lightning level 3 and two handed
ganjalf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Academy > The Official 'Help with Coruscant' (Droids) thread *SPOILERS*