lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Strategy Guide #5: Artus - Why Jan Won't Land - AT-ST Problem
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-28-2002, 07:12 PM   #1
ChangKhan[RAVEN]
Raven Software

Strategy Guide #5: Artus - Why Jan Won't Land - AT-ST Problem

Okay, I've heard this one enough that it deserves attention. Apparently there is some scripting problem where, if you lure the third AT-ST back to the first Emplaced Gun, it sometimes disappears. This will cause the game to stop progessing when you have destroyed all the ion cannons. Jan will say she cannot land until the AT-ST's are destroyed. If you get this message and there is no AT-ST in the canyon, you have found the problem - congratulations!

Here is a work-around:

You have to bring down the console. Press SHIFT+~ (the tilde key).

Now type "helpusobi 1" to enable cheats.

Now type "use atst_death". This will fire the counter that the last AT-ST was supposed to fire when it died... Jan should now land.

Sorry about this, it only happens if you play the level a certain way and will be fixed in the first patch.

Michael Chang Gummelt
Game Programmer
Jedi Academy
Raven Software
ChangKhan[RAVEN] is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-02-2002, 11:38 AM   #2
bmadina

she still won't land

Hi

I think I've done what you said in the console but still no Jan. Actually Jan never once said she could not land. She just never turns up. Typical woman!

Please help

Bil
bmadina is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-03-2002, 10:34 AM   #3
KillerTaco

How to do it with out cheats on

if you go back up to the hanger where all the at-st are you will get another message from jan. then you can go meet her.
KillerTaco is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-04-2002, 06:10 AM   #4
Araynon

Different issue?

I have a similar situation - Jan isn't landing after I finish the level. However, I did destroy all that AT-STs, and she told me she'd land in that small canyon. Unless there's another canyon that I'm overlooking, I think I've got some trouble here... heheh.
Araynon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-06-2002, 07:17 PM   #5
Fireproof

and then?

So I used the atst death thingy, and it said it was all good, the nice people came and landed to pick up the evacuees, Jan said she was coming for me in the canyon, and she never came. I've tried this level twice now and both times she has refused to show up as she promised me, and I cannot advance to the next level until she comes! Can you help at all?
Fireproof is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-08-2002, 12:43 AM   #6
Econ

Spoiler ***

She doesnt land in the canyon where you fight the AT-St.. and She doesnt land near the EVAC ship for the prisoners..

To get to her... go into the area where all of the AT-STs are parked at and the Exit will be inside on the second level across from the entrance you came in..
Some times the obvious is the harderst.. There are plenty of these in this game.. *bah*
Econ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-08-2002, 04:02 AM   #7
iwanttopostmsgs

Thumbs down i can fix it

ok, what you need to do is go back to that atst hanger place, and there was a locked door that was unlocked after you contacted jan at the top, you know if you went past the thingie that took you down?
iwanttopostmsgs is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-08-2002, 06:01 AM   #8
ceethreepio

I have a similar problem. Jan tells me she is going to land in the small canyon - and I can watch a ship land on the raised platform that the prisoners were stood on. But when I get back to the platform/ship nothing more happens - I can't get up on the platform (its too high!). Perhaps I'm just missing something, but it sounds similar to the other problems described here...
ceethreepio is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-08-2002, 07:12 AM   #9
wa55up

I have the same problem with jan not landing.
if u look carefully u'll see the ship flying in but after that it 'disappears'
any solution to the problem?
wa55up is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-08-2002, 07:23 AM   #10
LimLoc

Go back up to the hanger where all the at-st are. There is a door you havn't been through yet
LimLoc is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-08-2002, 07:25 AM   #11
LimLoc

And then

Go back up to the hanger where all the at-st are. There is a room that you havn't been through yet
LimLoc is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-08-2002, 09:10 AM   #12
Darth Koounaar

Right to all these people that are having trouble with Jan not turning up (if you've destroyed all the AT-ST's). She's turning up in a place you haven't been yet. Remember the hanger you went in to switch the shields off? Well if you go along the top catwalk around to the other side, you'll be greeted with some stormtroopers and you'll know where to go from there.

Hope that helps - Koounaaar
Darth Koounaar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-08-2002, 09:49 AM   #13
Cimmur

If you go back into the last building (behind the ion cannons) a door in the main hangar will open and some stormtroopers will come out. kill them and go through that door, there is the exit to the "small canyon" where Jan will be waiting.

It takes a big man to cry... it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man
Cimmur is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-08-2002, 11:02 AM   #14
GGA

Jan doesn't actually land in the canyon where the At-Sts were.
She lands up top, where you first entered the level.
I was first confused by this too, until I walked around a bit.
GGA is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-08-2002, 11:33 AM   #15
[KUS]Betrunken

The ship you see fly over head is another ship sent to pick up the rescued slaves, In the room with all the at-st's there is a door that remains red until you kill the last at-st i belive.... but no matter, it is green after that, on the top level i think.... im trying to do this from memory.. you must go through some more rooms till you get to a new canyon, one you havnt been to before.
[KUS]Betrunken is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-08-2002, 11:38 AM   #16
simonknight

*spoiler* heres the solution

What is happening with you guys isnt a bug but the script. Go back to the hangar where the 5 at-st's are and the door that was locked when you were first there is now open.
simonknight is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-08-2002, 03:00 PM   #17
Atwight014

um

Are you sure you're going to the right place, she doesn't just fly over-head and find you.. in the AT-ST hangar there's a door that's locked until she tells you she's coming to pick you up, you have to go through there.

--------------------------
-Atwight014
-when regular insanity just doesn't cut it.
Atwight014 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-09-2002, 04:24 AM   #18
SamStar

i have killed all the atst's in the canyon and prgressed to the main atst hangar....killed all the guards...found the locked door on top floor...how do i get in?...and am i supposed to destroy all the atst's in the hangar?
SamStar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-09-2002, 11:46 AM   #19
Farisx

I got the same problem, solution is this:
Jan says she will land in the canyon, but guess what - there is a second one!
Go the hall where the ATSTs stand (those one that wont move, near the room where you dropped the Ioncannons shield)
Right on the opposite side of the door from which you enter is another which (is) was locked. Your gotta try running around in the room and re-enter it several times maybe until 3 Stormtroopers come out of the door. Voila, the way is free after you killed these.
Just dont give up if it wont open. Try to leave the whole spot once and go there again. If still nothing will happen, you might wanna play the game again or use the "no clip" cheat to pass the door. (SHIFT+the key left of your "1" to get the console. Enter helpusobi 1 to enable the cheatcodes, then enter "noclip" to make you able to fly thru the door. If you passed it, reenter noclip to put it off again. )

Hope it helps ...
Farisx
Farisx is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-09-2002, 03:42 PM   #20
spimspamspom

**** sake, no wonder i couldnt find her
spimspamspom is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-10-2002, 08:16 PM   #21
sparky_fox

same trouble here

I decided to cheat and fly through the door, but things take a turn for the bizar from this point on.

I follow it through and get to the landing site, I see jan, with two jedi by her, non of which are moving, I can come up and poke em with my light saber but they just stand there like morons, the big guy laughed a bit at me but remained still.

they will attempt to defend themselves if i continue to prod em but they wont do anything else, im sure there is supposed to be some scripted scene but the game continum seams to have been shattered.

I remember i did leave the third at-st alive, I will try that command line at-st kill thing and see if that hepls, but definatly a patch is needed, thanks for letting us know, I was (thinking about) tearing my hair out over this one.

A mind is a terible thing to waste
sparky_fox is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-11-2002, 12:27 AM   #22
mett

I had the "should destroy the AT-ST's first" the first time I played that level. I had tried to lure one back to the gun emplacement, and it disappeared on me. Went through the whole level and when they told me to destroy them before Jan would land... no dice.

So I restarted, and redid the thing, making sure to kill that last AT-ST... then when I dropped the cannon shields and destroyed 'em Jan landed and the 3 stormtroopers came out of that last door, and everyone was happy.

~ Matt
mett is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-11-2002, 01:28 AM   #23
4nick8

Heya Sparky fox, I noticed you said you cheated to get through the door, did you also cheat to get the light saber that you were "prodding" the jedi with, or am I missing something? The highest gun I have at that point is the piece of crap wookie crossbow... ?

4nick8 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-11-2002, 07:44 AM   #24
[*TK*]Mr.Kill

WOMEN EH? tut tut!

[*TK*]Mr.Kill woz 'ere
[*TK*]Mr.Kill is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-12-2002, 01:48 AM   #25
4nick8

more moves

Hehehe, I finally got the lightsaber! This guy's got durn near as many moves as I have doing the nasty nasty w/ my wife... This is as good as a movie (a star wars movie, I mean)...

4nick8 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-15-2002, 02:04 AM   #26
Sunfox

I think there's a few other bugs in this level... for instance, near the beginning after you've taken out the two (or for some folks, one) AT-ST and you head up the elevator to the cliff side, with a *ahem* area to the right and a path leading to the two ion cannons on the left, if you follow the path around to the left there's a stormtrooper hidden behind a ledge by a turret, and a second one further over by the second ion gun.

After dying I decided to jump down off the edge of the path and surprise the first storm trooper from behind. He wasn't there! Neither was the second one over by the last ion cannon.
Sunfox is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-15-2002, 09:06 AM   #27
WildWilbur

@sunfox
That is no bug, itīs just the script. If you walk the obvious and normal way to the ion cannon the two trooper appear, if you jump off the edge, they wonīt appear.

BTW, do you people actually read the replies to your posts. How could it be that mor e than 20 people post the same question "Where is Jan? Oh my god, I canīt find anything..." when Econ gave the answer already with the sixth post?

You freaks are sure weird...

No, there will be no force with YOU...
WildWilbur is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-20-2002, 04:14 AM   #28
gepetto

jan doesn't come

I had the same problem, it was because i lured the one walker over to the first turrent gun, then it suddenly disappeared for some reason. then towards the end after i took out the last ion cannon, it said take out the the last walker, well the last walker did a ****in' houdini a while back so lo' and behold jan never landed because the game thought there was still one active, so i played the level over again and made sure i destroyed that second walker, just do it the hard way, play the level over again, it sucks but a jedi's gotta do what a jedi's gotta do, peace.
gepetto is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-01-2002, 09:58 PM   #29
aceazamean

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

OK. I destroyed all the atst's (all 3 of them) then i dissed those shields. I added some spice to those ion guns and that EVAC came down. That door though. It still wont open, I have walked back and forth thoughout the game several times and came back. I have redid the mission 8 times and the same thing keeps happening. I tried that noclip code and went though and killed the stormies. But in the 2nd canyon theres a prob. Some jedi chick has jan and puts her in a landing craft. The other one ( the lizard of doom ) is a pretty big guy. Infact he is so big that he wont die. It got to the point were i unleashed 15 npc spawn jedi and 10 npc spawn jedi2 on him and he kicked em all. I tried that drive_atst and he reflects all my missiles and lazer shots back till i die. I did 3 hours of hand to hand ( more like my hand his lightning bolt ) with that god mode code. if i try the npc kill desann code he just laughs at me. what do i do.
aceazamean is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-02-2002, 02:37 AM   #30
TheFlatline

Simple... when you fight Desenn (or whatever his name is), just die. I mean that. He killed me (I got a good dozen or so shots in on my bowcaster) and next thing I know he's force gripping me. Don't do the AT-ST code, i dunno if that'll work.
TheFlatline is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-02-2002, 06:06 PM   #31
aceazamean

But if he kills you then you dont win. If your dead it says mission failed kyle has died, then you have to start over. I also tried reinstalling and then doing it and that did nothing. I even started a new game, got back to that point, and still no dice.
aceazamean is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-03-2002, 06:33 AM   #32
Sinister69

Desann

he's supposed to kick your ass dummies!!!!! tavion takes jan into ship and kills her, you battle desann with your blasters. he force pulls your weapons away from you, then proceeds to kick the **** out of you. He keeps kicking the **** out of you till you are knocked out and he leaves. you get in jan's ship and continue to the next level.

you can't beat him on this level, so stop using the god mode cheat. turn it off and let him win!!!!!1
Sinister69 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-05-2002, 05:03 PM   #33
yoddelingyoda

Thumbs up

thanx very much, this really helped me!!

yoddelingyoda is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-16-2002, 01:24 PM   #34
Rocketman

i had this problem before. the at st vanished but i didn't complain hehe. but when they tell you the atsts must be destroyed, what i was able to do consistently is go down to the bottom floor of the AT-ST hangar and walked around a bit and they objective just completed itself after a short while.
Rocketman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-23-2002, 03:15 AM   #35
Christo

Cool Guy THANK YOU!

I was starting to think I was going nuts and had to blow up all the AT-ST's left in the bay. Will give this solution a try. I guess I should also download the game patch.
Christo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-01-2002, 01:44 PM   #36
shicaca

People people people

When she says "in the canyon" she actually means on that upper level ABOVE the canyon to the left when you FIRST stepped into the level... you can't get to it by those means though... there's some secret passages (not really secret, but you have to backtrack which sucks) that you have to go to and then you will hear Jan say "KYLE HURRY" or something to that nature... You don't really have to hurry, but ... whatever. Just keep going and you will meet up with a guy w/ a lightsaber and they captured Jan. He tries to duel w/ you. You only have guns, which he deflects at you. He defeats you, calls you a baby, and then tells his apprentice to kill Jan...
shicaca is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-01-2002, 07:27 PM   #37
Chrisivx

nice spoiler there m8
Chrisivx is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-05-2002, 09:58 AM   #38
lateralus

For the dimwitted:

1. kill all 3 ATST's
2. disable the shields of the ion canons (beyond the ATST hangar)
3. kill all 2 ion canons
4. proceed thru the now opened door in the ATST hangar
5. die... (almost)
lateralus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-08-2002, 02:42 PM   #39
Chrisivx

theory

I think that if you use one of the mounted guns along the ridge, where the ion canons are, on the 3rd ATST, it will not disappear. I discovered this when the very first mounted cannon got destroyed so I ran right past the 3rd ATST (not that hard coz he cant shoot you when you are right below him).
What's more, you don't have to backtrack.
Chrisivx is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-11-2002, 01:15 AM   #40
jedimaster01

Yes, well, it is good to know this. i, personally have never had this problem, partially because it took me about ten tries to find out where to go, (aka not getting run over) thirty tries before i figured out how to kill an at-st, twenty more until i learned to jump off the gun quickly because the one on the ground will kill me, and many more until i beat the level. It was very painful. i will have to try to get that error, though, sounds like fun. has someone tried 'cheating' in a rocket launcher and shooting where it last was? i'll try and see what happens. also, maybe using the force might be interesting. it sure is a fun way to beat them, repelling all their rockets back. it sounds lame, but it is amusing. Thankx for the heads up
jedimaster01 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Help Center > Strategy Shack > Strategy Guide #5: Artus - Why Jan Won't Land - AT-ST Problem