lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: KotORII Hates My Audio Drivers
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-07-2014, 06:09 AM   #1
Extreme110
Lurker

Current Game: SWKotORII:TSL
Solved: KotOR2 Not Loading Due To Audio Driver Problem

Originally my game had a problem where it would load fine if the sound was disabled, but crash if you attempted have the sound running.

The easiest fix is to have an installed copy of KotOR1, and to then copy BOTH "Mss32.dll" and the "Miles" folder from KotOR1 to your KotOR2 install.

Make sure to back up your original "Miles" folder and Mss32.dll to another location (and then delete the non-backups_ before you copy over the new files, just in case something goes wrong.

Hopefully this helps somebody

--

Original Post:
Show spoiler

This signature was removed in accordance with the ACTA treaty, by some backstabbing bastards who want to remove your freedom too. Don't want yours to be next? Do something.

Say no to ACTA.

Last edited by Extreme110; 07-10-2014 at 01:49 AM. Reason: Solved the issue
Extreme110 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-07-2014, 06:09 AM   #2
Extreme110
Lurker

dxdiag
Show spoiler

EDIT: BTW, I used the installation guide offered here, as well as a nVIDIA GFX Guide available on Deadly Stream. The game would not work with the US SecuROM .exe (probably because this is a UK copy), and mss32.dll doesn't seem to make a difference, regardless of which one I use (I haven't tested the KotOR1 version just yet). Game is set to XP Service Pack 2 compatibility mode and Run with Administrator.

I have both the Steam and Retail copies, but they both crash with sound. I'm using the Retail version atm. KotOR1 (both retail and digital) works perfectly.

EDIT 2: As an interesting note, the launcher does not play Audio at all. I'm probably wrong, but isn't the version installed on your PC supposed to play music just like the disk one?

This signature was removed in accordance with the ACTA treaty, by some backstabbing bastards who want to remove your freedom too. Don't want yours to be next? Do something.

Say no to ACTA.

Last edited by Extreme110; 05-07-2014 at 06:31 AM. Reason: Adding clarification.
Old 07-10-2014, 01:50 AM   #3
Extreme110
Lurker

-bump-

This problem has been fixed, solution added to the OP.

Say no to ACTA.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Trouble Shooting > The Work Bench > KotORII Hates My Audio Drivers