lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: [TSL] HK-51 as he appears in SWTOR
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-22-2015, 02:21 PM   #81
Sith Holocron
M4-78

Current Game: The Old Republic
Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
1) Thanks DarthParametric! I won't hold you to those high poly texture bakes or meshes until you're ready but if they come along later, I'll be glad to see those too!

2) The proverbial mic has been dropped, texture artists. Why not see what you can do with the materials DP has linked to above?

Considering trying out (or returning to) SWTOR? You may as well go through my link and help get me some SWTOR referral points!
Sith Holocron is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2015, 03:09 PM   #82
Kainzorus Prime
My vision is augmented

Current Game: Deus Ex series
Contest winner - Modding 
I'll run with this, once I figure out importing the max scenes into Blender.

Kainzorus Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2015, 11:15 PM   #83
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

10 year veteran! Forum Veteran Helpful! 
You won't be able to do anything with .MAX files without Max, as it's a proprietary format. I can export some FBX versions that Blender can import if you just want the meshes for texturing, but you aren't going to be able to export any game versions without using the NWMax script in either Max or GMax. FBX versions won't be rigged, as Aurora uses its own weird Aurora Trimesh system, with meshes as bones, not a standard bone system.

Edit: OK, added FBX and ASCII MDL version links to the post on the previous page.

Last edited by DarthParametric; 06-23-2015 at 01:01 AM.
DarthParametric is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-23-2015, 09:35 AM   #84
Kexikus
Rookie

It's a shame you can't finish them by yourself (at the moment) but thanks for releasing them for others to use
Kexikus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-30-2015, 04:30 PM   #85
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

10 year veteran! Forum Veteran Helpful! 
OK, managed to get a couple of days to do a playthrough of TSL and test things out properly. I didn't find any problems specific to the mod, aside from the need for some texture tweaks, but I figured it was sufficient to cobble together a release - http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=220359

Edit: As per my post in that thread, I figured out the issue of the missing sounds. Unlike what I first thought, it may actually be NWMax at fault, not MDLOps.

Some sounds, like footsteps, have to be flagged as events that occur at a specified point during an animation. MDLOps does seem to read this information when decompiling. For example, the start of the walk cycle animation for HK, from the decompiled vanilla model:
Code:
newanim walk P_HK47
  length 1
  transtime 0.25
  animroot P_HK47
  eventlist
    0.200000002980232 snd_footstep
    0.699999988079071 snd_footstep
  endlist
node dummy P_HK47
Note there the eventlist block, which calls out 2 footstep sound events. Now compare it to the equivalent section from the exported model:
Code:
newanim walk DP_HK47
  length 1.0
  transtime 0.25
  animroot P_HK47
node dummy DP_HK47
There is no eventlist block with the footstep sound events. They don't show up when inspecting the model base of a freshly decompiled vanilla model in Max, so I am guessing NWMax is either ignoring them or otherwise not applying them.

Other missing sound events: snd_hitground, draw_weapon, Hit.

Last edited by DarthParametric; 07-01-2015 at 03:34 PM.
DarthParametric is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Modding requests > [TSL] HK-51 as he appears in SWTOR