lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: The Dark side is out?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-27-2003, 01:42 PM   #1
Skyweir

The Dark side is out?

I was reading an article at IGN the other day, when I came a cross this paragraph in the text:

"Like the mythos, one of the big plot points (spoilers ahead) is the juxtaposition between the light and dark side of the Force. During the game you will have to pick which side you favor through your actions -- zapping fools from afar with a lightning strike may be considered a little evil to some, y'know? Since you're a student of Luke Skywalker, you won't really be able to go fully to the Dark side, but the seduction may be even stronger if you do favor the Dark side in your style of play."

Does this mean I can't cross to the Dark side at all, or can I just not become a Sith, or can I just choose dark powers, but still fight for the light side (like in JKII), or is it just a glitch from the autor?

I thought the focus of this game should be the choice between the light and the dark side. If you can't choose to cross over to the Dark side and fight with the bad guys, I will be really disappointed
Skyweir is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-27-2003, 05:15 PM   #2
Wudan
Got Balance?

You will probably be able to use many Dark Side powers, but since you are a Padawan the only way you could probably leave Luke's school would be to quit the game and uninstall it.

I'm not sure why you'd want to do that, though.

Mt-Wudan.com
I made a silly little program called Dragon, which is an animation tool for the GLA format, used in Jedi Outcast, Jedi Academy and Krakatoa.
Wudan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-27-2003, 06:12 PM   #3
txa1265
Father Jedi

Forum Veteran 
I was fairly sure there were E3 interviews and previews that said clearly that your choices would 'tip the balance' between light and dark. There are supposed to be different endings based on your choice.

Mike

Dopelar effect (n.) The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they come at you rapidly.
txa1265 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-27-2003, 07:25 PM   #4
StormHammer
Fallen Jedi

10 year veteran! 
Quote:
Originally posted by txa1265
I was fairly sure there were E3 interviews and previews that said clearly that your choices would 'tip the balance' between light and dark. There are supposed to be different endings based on your choice.

Mike
He's right, you know.
StormHammer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-27-2003, 09:59 PM   #5
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
Thumbs up

Considering the official sources confirmed the DarkSide/Lightside "choice" in SP, I would take this IGN guy's words with a grain of salt until he's confirmed by the official sources.

Download JK2 maps for JA Server|BOOT CAMP!|Strategic Academy|
(JA Server: 108.178.55.189:29070)

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-28-2003, 09:47 AM   #6
txa1265
Father Jedi

Forum Veteran 
Re: The Dark side is out?

Quote:
Originally posted by Skyweir
[B]<snip> Since you're a student of Luke Skywalker, you won't really be able to go fully to the Dark side, but the seduction may be even stronger if you do favor the Dark side in your style of play." <snip>[B]
I remember when I was first reading this ... it was in context with all of the other E3 previews.

My thought was - OK, you get to choose a light or dark Jedi path based on your actions and choices of Force Powers (however that is handled). BUT, while you will get a different ending, it is not like you are going to spend half the game building an empire of evil bent on destroying Skywalker and the New Republic. Chances are you'll get 'saved' or 'redeemed' at the end if you take a dark path (honestly I hope not - let us just end up evil, then ignore that choice in the next game ... we dealt with it before, you know )

Mike

Dopelar effect (n.) The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they come at you rapidly.
txa1265 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Academy > The Dark side is out?