lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Idea for some Exciting Action Camera Angles
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-29-2003, 09:37 PM   #1
mariners2001

Idea for some Exciting Action Camera Angles

OK. I loved Jedi Outcast as much as anyone but I have to admit I got sick of the camera angle after a while (Maybe that's why I enjoyed SFX Mod's new angle).

Anyway, I was just thinking about how cool it could be if the angles of the player could be changed in the middle of action sequences. Of course, this could be turned off if one wished so.

Here's my idea:
Say you get in a saber lock with another player. Imagine what it'd be like if the camera zoomed in on the player's faces (like the movies) showing them gritting their teeth or snarling trying to win the other player over. Then maybe loop around the saber lock to add more drama to the situation.

That's just one idea but this could be implemented on various things like Force Lightning, Grip, Push or special saber moves. It would add a real movie feel to it and a lot to the general cool factor that's already there. It would also make the game feel more new or exciting.

What do you guys think of this idea? I really hope Raven hears this idea and would consider it.

Skin Projects: (click on the links provided to download the files or view the current progress)
Emperor Palpatine: Completed
Jerec: Completed
Raas Avlow: Completed, but being redone
Mara Jade: Completed, but being redone which is nearly complete, New Mara WIP
Anakin Skywalker: Completed
Count Dooku: Done, not released
Ibtisam (Mon Calamari model) normal and rogue flight suit: Pending release
Talon Karrde: Completed
Rock Fisto (Kit Fisto model): Never released

E-mail me if you'd like to see or try one of these skins that I've not yet released.
Also, if you have an idea for a skin for me to make (Star Wars based preferably), please e-mail me with that idea and I'll take it under consideration for a future project.
mariners2001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-29-2003, 09:55 PM   #2
Anakin1607

No, the sudden change would be too distracting.
Anakin1607 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-29-2003, 11:45 PM   #3
ToppDog

could lag some too, but probably not much. It would be cool as a player option. I truly hate games that move the angles like that without you being able to turn em off though.

{BSoV}ToppDog{SC}
ToppDog is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-30-2003, 12:57 AM   #4
Gabrobot

I'm sure if they have more camera movement, that it will be able to be turned off like in JKII.
Gabrobot is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-30-2003, 03:26 PM   #5
Kengo

Yeh, would be great if they made it optional. Would keep things interesting, dynamic, as long as it was kinda occasional, too often would be pain.

You know you can change the camera angle and distance from the player in JO? For isntance have the camera looking straight at the player not behind him, or say having the camera 300 feet away from the player. You can get some nice RPG style camera angles, but aiming becomes rather tricky if its too much.

------------------------------------------------
www.map-review.com
Kengo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-30-2003, 03:31 PM   #6
The_Wookiee

The would be really neat but only if you could turn it off, like stated by the other posters. It would also be really cool for RP games....

They need an RP mode in JA, a lot of people like playing RPGs from time to time, SWG will be our salvation =p

The_Wookiee

RAWWRRAA

I am The_Wookiee,
Please give me a cookiee.....
The_Wookiee is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-09-2003, 09:31 PM   #7
Solbe M'ko

That would be neat option. I got tired of the slo-mo camera movement pretty quick, and having the camera move in a few different ways would be nice.
Solbe M'ko is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-09-2003, 09:43 PM   #8
t3rr0r
Goblet of Fire

some sort of cinematic spectator mode would be cool... but it would be distracting if you were playing.

overlord
t3rr0r is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-09-2003, 10:33 PM   #9
StormHammer
Fallen Jedi

10 year veteran! 
I don't really like the idea of changing camera angles...I like to remain in control of the viewpoint. I didn't mind the few slo-mo camera pans in SP, but if it happened too much, it would be too disorienting for me. I don't see that it would add that much to the gameplay. But if they were to provide it as an option that can be switched off (like it could be turned off in JO), then that's fine.
StormHammer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-10-2003, 12:26 AM   #10
Reprehence

I always liked the slo-mo kill shot because it gives me a chance to size up the rest of my foes in the area. This is especially true when playing an SP ladder - gives you just enough time and info to plan your next move.

Reprehence is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-10-2003, 02:30 PM   #11
toms
v0.9

good for saber locks, where it wouldn't interfere with gameplay, but i can't think of many other places where it should be used.

the camera should also zoom out a little bit when you run.

Playing: Link to the Past, Astroboy, Kario Kart, Mario World (Micro) KOTOR 2: Sith Lords (Xbox) Morrowind (PC)
toms is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-10-2003, 03:06 PM   #12
Spider AL
A well-spoken villain...

Quote:
Originally posted by toms:

good for saber locks, where it wouldn't interfere with gameplay, but i can't think of many other places where it should be used.

the camera should also zoom out a little bit when you run.
Excellent points, I'm right behind them for one.

[FW] Spider AL
--
Hewwo, meesa Jar-Jar Binks. Yeah. Excusing me, but me needs to go bust meesa head in with dissa claw-hammer, because yousa have stripped away meesa will to living.
Spider AL is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Academy > Idea for some Exciting Action Camera Angles