lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Antitrust 2: The Return of NURV
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-18-2003, 02:42 PM   #81
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
"Bad day at work Milo?" Asked David, temporarily switching subject

Vader's wife was very pregnant when she died 19 years ago. All of a sudden a 19 year old who is very strong in the force and has a distinct resembalance to him in his younger days rolls in from Vader's home planet with his old Master Obi-Wan (Who was the ONLY other person preset at the time his wife died. And to boot, the kid's last name is Skywalker.

So in answer to your question, he knew Luke was his son because his name is Darth Vader, and not Darth Retard.

-Forum post on why Vader knew Luke was his son.
jokemaster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-23-2003, 01:18 AM   #82
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Current Game: TrackMania Nations
Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
"With Gary on my mind, I can't think about anything else," Milo replied. "We need to make sure that he doesn't get out of jail this time."

Mom tells me I need brain food... but if writing ain't that, I don't know what is!

My work in progress:
Hidden Histories: The Galaxy Hacker

Have a read, give a review, yah?
Writer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-23-2003, 10:54 AM   #83
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
"Hell yeah, still can't beleive he beat that murder charge"

Vader's wife was very pregnant when she died 19 years ago. All of a sudden a 19 year old who is very strong in the force and has a distinct resembalance to him in his younger days rolls in from Vader's home planet with his old Master Obi-Wan (Who was the ONLY other person preset at the time his wife died. And to boot, the kid's last name is Skywalker.

So in answer to your question, he knew Luke was his son because his name is Darth Vader, and not Darth Retard.

Old 09-23-2003, 09:11 PM   #84
Writer
Not switching to DTV

"Yeah," Danielle put in. Then she gasped. "He has friends in law enforcement. How else could he have managed that?"

"What makes you say that?" Milo asked sharply. Danielle stood up and left for a moment. When she returned, she was carrying a newspaper. She dropped it on the table.

"Three former NURV Employees Wanted" the headline read.

"He's accusing us of stealing his ideas," she pointed out. Milo shook his head.

"All that means is that he has control of the press," he objected. Danielle frowned.

"Don't you think the police would check on a story like that?" she asked. "Instead, there are some officers questioned who said it had been confirmed."

Milo's head returned to his hands.

"Like I said, I'm open to suggestions," he moaned.

Mom tells me I need brain food... but if writing ain't that, I don't know what is!

My work in progress:

Old 09-23-2003, 09:19 PM   #85
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
The waiter soon arrives and David ordered a pepperoni pizza
"The camera's code's been messed with, so if we try to accuse him with that he'll say that we changed it. I think the only way to do it is to grab something from his own files."

Old 09-28-2003, 12:57 PM   #86
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Milo nods. "Right."

"Ok, sneaks," Danielle says. "I know a lot about computers and all, but how are we going to manage getting Gary's files."

My work in progress:

Old 09-28-2003, 02:42 PM   #87
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
"I'm guessing the only way to is by actually being in front of his computer"

Old 09-29-2003, 06:18 PM   #88
Writer
Not switching to DTV

"Beautiful thinking, David," Danielle said sarcastically. "How exactly are we going to get there?"

"Calm down, Danni," Milo said sternly. She shook her head fiercely.

"No way!" she replied. "We're sitting in a restaurant with people trying to kill us. I am not calming down until we are out of this mess. So David, how are we going to get into Gary's house?"

"I can help," an elderly gentleman said. He had been sitting in the booth behind them and had apparently heard their whole conversation. "My wife and I clean his house once a week. That's tomorrow. Care to join us?"

"Do you get near his computer?" Danielle asked sourly.

"Every week," the man replied. Danielle nodded, but Milo was hesitant.

"How do we know you're not working for him?" he asked.

The man laughed. "I do work for him. I'm his janitor!"

Milo shook his head in despair.

"I remember Synapse," the man said. "A man cannot change that quickly. If you can show me evidence that he is still on the wrong track, I'll help you."

My work in progress:

Old 09-29-2003, 08:22 PM   #89
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
"We can show you."
David took out his laptop, the one thing he always carried himself. He had bought it some years ago, and refused to let anyone else touch it. He took it out, and showed the video of Gary and Co. conspiring

Old 09-29-2003, 11:55 PM   #90
Writer
Not switching to DTV

"That's enough for me!" the man exclaimed. "You just meet me and my wife here tomorrow at 7 AM. We'll get you into his house as our helpers. Then we'll assign you to his office."

Milo nodded.

"That works," he said. The man rose and left the restaurant without so much as a backward glance and left the three to talk.

"We don't know how much truth was in that," Danielle said quietly. "He might have been trying to take us in to Gary."

"We'll know better tomorrow," Milo said. "Let's go somewhere and get some sleep."

My work in progress:

Old 09-30-2003, 12:20 AM   #91
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
"You got a hotel where you can stay?"

Old 10-02-2003, 03:02 PM   #92
Writer
Not switching to DTV

"No," Milo replied. "I dropped nearly everything and came as soon as I could. I had no time to arrange anything and wouldn't want to from my apartment. Gary's probably got my phones bugged. After all, there's virtually no limit to what he can do."

My work in progress:

Old 10-02-2003, 08:09 PM   #93
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
"I always told you PR departments were bad news. Anyway, where do we meet tomorrow?"

Old 10-02-2003, 10:15 PM   #94
Writer
Not switching to DTV

"The man said to meet here," Milo said. "We'll follow his plan. But be careful."

My work in progress:

Old 10-02-2003, 11:04 PM   #95
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
"Agreed. Let's go." David walked out the door, and brought the car to the entrance.

Old 10-08-2003, 02:30 PM   #96
Writer
Not switching to DTV

The next morning, Milo, David, and Danielle walked into the restaurant at around 7. The man wasn't there yet so they got something to eat. The man showed up when they were nearly halfway through their meal and ordered something for himself and his wife. Then they got on the road and went to Gary's house.

"You brought some helpers this time?" Gary asked cheerfully. The man nodded. "My kids. My daughter, Emily broke her leg recently, so she won't be doing much."

Danielle held out her left leg, which had been wrapped in a cast. Gary smiled, apparently not recognizing her. In fact, he didn't seem to recognize any of them and there was a good reason for it. They didn't look like normal.

Danielle, aside from the cast, had brown eyes and blonde hair. David's face looked at least ten years older and he had streaks of gray in his hair. Milo had dropped his glasses and had green eyes and red hair.

"Come on in and get started," Gary said kindly. He turned to Danielle. "I'll find something for you to do."

He got her started on the riding lawn mower.

"After all," he said, "we don't want you on that leg. This may not be one of the things your dad usually does, but I'll pay you to do it this time. Better to have you working than sitting in that van all day, right?"

My work in progress:

Old 10-08-2003, 08:10 PM   #97
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
David was cleaning the kitchen. The old man was cleaning the bathrooms, which David was glad he didn't have to do. Once he was finished, he would clean & vacuum the computer room.

Old 10-11-2003, 03:12 PM   #98
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Danielle continued mowing the lawn, but she couldn't keep her eyes off the house. How was it going in there?

Meanwhile, Milo was cleaning Gary's bedroom, wondering if David had gotten to the computer yet.

My work in progress:

Old 10-11-2003, 09:07 PM   #99
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
David had finally gotten to the computer. The old man told him that Gary was finally out of the house. David carefully opened up the computer, took out the hard drive, connected it with a special cable to his computer and inspected it. He added identical files to another hard drive and inserted that one into Gary's computer. In one of the files he had added a bug, it would send anything Gary did to his computer.
"I'm done" He said to the old man.

Old 10-12-2003, 11:16 PM   #100
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Suddenly, David realized that Gary had entered the room

"Do you like my computer?" he asked quietly, his face glowing with suspicion.

My work in progress:

Old 10-12-2003, 11:41 PM   #101
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
"I'm sorry sir, I blew some dust into your computer accidently, I was checking for anything that might've been damaged."

Old 10-12-2003, 11:44 PM   #102
Writer
Not switching to DTV

"I see," Gary said, still not entirely sure he should believe David. He repeated his question. "How do you like my computer?"

My work in progress:

Old 10-13-2003, 01:53 AM   #103
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
"It's pretty good. Your hard drive has a lot of memory. Way more than mine, in any case."

Old 10-13-2003, 04:10 PM   #104
Writer
Not switching to DTV

"Are computers a hobby of yours?" Gary asks, moving over to where David is standing. "Your dad sure didn't teach you anything about them, did he? He's just a janitor."

He looked intensely into David's face.

My work in progress:

Old 10-13-2003, 09:53 PM   #105
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
"One of my Math teachers taught me about them. " This was not true, but close. David's science teacher had taught him.

Old 10-14-2003, 11:38 PM   #106
Writer
Not switching to DTV

"Your math teacher, huh?" Gary said smiling. "You sure about that?"

He looked straight into David's eyes and David began to wonder if he had been caught. Even so, he figured it best to play calm.

My work in progress:

Old 10-14-2003, 11:44 PM   #107
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
"Yeah, she guessed that computers would do a lot of math in the future."

Old 10-14-2003, 11:53 PM   #108
Writer
Not switching to DTV

"Let me show you why she's right," Gary said. He sat down at his computer and opened a program David had created. "Recognize this?"

The program had not yet been released.

My work in progress:

Old 10-15-2003, 12:07 AM   #109
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
"No." He said, noticing they had fixed a few things. "Is it in Beta stage" He added, purposefully asking if it was one stage forward than it really was.

Old 10-15-2003, 01:19 PM   #110
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Gary smiled, finally seeming to let David off the hook.

"Not yet," he said. "The guy who did the initial programming of it left. We haven't been able to find him so we haven't done much to finish it."

My work in progress:

Old 10-15-2003, 08:22 PM   #111
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
"Unexpected vacation?" He asked. "Or product theft?"

Old 10-15-2003, 10:45 PM   #112
Writer
Not switching to DTV

"You read about the product theft in the paper?" Gary questioned. He gestured to the program. This is one of the guys responsible."

He glared out the window and motioned to David that he could leave.

Meanwhile, Danielle had finished mowing the lawn and was going back to the van. She had gotten used to the crutches and the cast, but she would be glad when she could take them off. Unfortunately, the broken leg was not just part of her disguise so it would be a while.

As she was getting into the van, she overheard a gardener at the window of Gary's office talking to Gary through a window.

"The van has been sufficiently bugged," he said. "We've also put a tracker on it. If these three kids are the people you're looking for, we'll know it soon."

My work in progress:

Old 10-15-2003, 10:51 PM   #113
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
David left Gary's office, carrying his laptop under his arm. He met Danielle outside the van.

Old 10-15-2003, 10:54 PM   #114
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Before David could say anything, Danielle shushed him. She grabbed his computer and typed him a note.

The note said: The van is bugged. We'll have to talk like we are the kids of these janitors. We'll need them to know before they get in the van too otherwise we'll all be in big trouble.

My work in progress:

Old 10-16-2003, 12:06 AM   #115
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
David nodded
"DAAAD! I'M DONE WITH THE ROOM!" He yelled.

Old 10-16-2003, 12:20 PM   #116
Writer
Not switching to DTV

The janitor came out of the house, a questioning look on his face. Danielle motioned for him to come over to them. He read the note on the screen and his eyes widened.

"Tell Mom we'll be waiting in the van," Danielle said.

My work in progress:

Old 10-16-2003, 08:26 PM   #117
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
"Come on, that cast making you slower?" David asked, acting as Danielle's brother.

Old 10-16-2003, 09:58 PM   #118
Writer
Not switching to DTV

"Need I say this... DUH!" Danielle said.

My work in progress:

Old 10-16-2003, 11:10 PM   #119
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
"Just get in the van, I have a date at 5:00 and Dad gave me permission to leave early as long as I drop you off."

Old 10-18-2003, 12:19 AM   #120
Writer
Not switching to DTV

"You still going out with Amanda?" Danielle asked. "Or have you moved on to Erin?"

She was trying to make it sound like he had a whole list of girlfriends he was going through one by one and by the look on his face, it was working.

My work in progress:

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Community > Star Wars Roleplaying > Antitrust 2: The Return of NURV