lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Galaxies: Are you getting it?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-06-2003, 09:34 AM   #41
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

10 year veteran! LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally posted by Taureanwilliams
If it gets good reviews on the PC I might get it for the XBox. I'm sure that the game will be as good as Everquest in a couple of weeks but once they add that expansion pack that gives vehicles as well as big space battles it has the possibilty to be awesome. But all the same if they can make it fun for the PC they can make it fun for the XBox.
Seriously can you imagine having your very own X-Wing or Falcon. There is juz something about that that really seems cool.
Um o.o

It's for X-box?!?

I suppose I should be asking in the SWG forum...

Redwing is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-06-2003, 09:47 AM   #42
Burrie

From the top o' my head, I believe Galaxies was originally scheduled to be on the X-Box and another console... I've read that there was apparantly a X-Box logo on the official website, but the logo was quietly removed at some point.
Burrie is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-07-2003, 10:02 AM   #43
Darth Simpson
Fudgy Cakes of Doom

It was originally scheduled for both Xbox and PS2, but as Burrie said, the logos was quietly removed from the official site one day. Lucasarts released a statement later, confirming that the console versions were officially on hold and all efforts were focused on completing the PC version. The console versions might get resumed at a later point, probably depending on the success of the PC version. I wouldn't count on seeing them any time soon though.

As for the question about me getting Galaxies, the answer is no. The impression I've gotten reading reviews and opinions on the net is that apparently the game is pretty much a pile of crap. Missing content, pointless missions, repetetive landscape, empty areas... I knew it, this always happens to MMORPG's. Maybe I'll pick it up in a years time, when they've nursed it up to a playable level.
Darth Simpson is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-07-2003, 06:31 PM   #44
Lord Fury

My answer is, yes. After I get KotOR for XBox. I plan on working for some money to get the collector's edition that's 80 bucks. I got enough to buy it now but I don't wanna spend the 50 I've had for a month now. I told myself "Don't spend the 50 you need it for when KotOR comes out" and I've only spent the extra money I keep getting. I had 60 extra bucks but I spent it on Neverwinter Nights and Shadows of Undrentide. Hoping they would hold me over but nope. I might go to the mall this weekend and trade in NWN and SoU plus Brute Force and hopefully I'll have enough for the 50 dollar SWG.
Lord Fury is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-07-2003, 10:17 PM   #45
Burrie

Quote:
I plan on working for some money to get the collector's edition that's 80 bucks.
Pardon my silliness, ignorant ways, but won't the SWG Collector's Edition be available anymore after a certain time?
Burrie is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-08-2003, 11:16 AM   #46
Lord Fury

I meant I'd try to get it. If I don't have enough money from trading in Brute Force, Neverwinter Nights, Neverwinter Nights: Shadows of Undrentide, Real Bout High School Vol. 1, and Brotherhood of the Wolf then I plan on getting the strategy guide then working to save up for the 50 one. Besides nobody seems to be buying the Collector's Edition at the EB near my house.
Lord Fury is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-09-2003, 04:40 AM   #47
StarScream423

I heard that it was cancelled entirely for the PS2, as the console couldn't handle the graphics.

Proud supporter of Vancouver's 2010 Olympic Games.
Come check out ActionRPG.net
StarScream423 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-13-2003, 03:04 PM   #48
C'boath

Well,i probably will,my cousin and aunt got it they say its great.And if i do decide to get it im going to be a bounty hunter. I heard nobody foud out how to become a jedi,prob. haft to open a slot.
C'boath is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > Ahto Spaceport Cantina > Galaxies: Are you getting it?